Billionaire former top cop's son in Porsche severely injures foreigner on motorcycle in Bangkok smash

webfact

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If you were a billionaire, what car would you drive?

I would not drive at all.  I would have a driver and my vehicle of choice would be large and comfortable for me as a passenger.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Which explains why he is driving an "absolutely non-clean" fossil fuel-guzzling Porsche. Ah, the hypocrisy! 

I am a bit confused by your post so I Googled the Porsche Taycan and came up with this.

https://www.porsche.com/pap/_thailand_/models/taycan/taycan-models/taycan-turbo-s/

Technical Specs
Power unit
Power up to (kW)    460 kW
Power up to (PS)    625 PS
Power up to (HP) (only for NAR)    616 hp
Overboost Power with Launch Control up to (kW)    560 kW
Overboost Power with Launch Control up to (PS)    761 PS
Overboost Power with Launch Control up to (HP) (only for NAR)    750 hp
Max. torque with Launch Control    1,050 Nm

Price THB 11,790,000

It seems to be an EV, battery powered with no ICE.

So I guess that your hypocrisy is somewhat misplaced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barney42bb said:

Police salaries to purchase such expensive things for their kids... must be considerably different to what the official salary published.

The old man is worth 3 billion baht.

cost of the Taycan is chump change.

9 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Which explains why he is driving an "absolutely non-clean" fossil fuel-guzzling Porsche. Ah, the hypocrisy! 

The Porsche Taycan is an electric vehicle , maybe You should learn a little before You assume

7 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Guilty party will be determined soon. Either the foreigner was at fault or the CCTV was malfunctioning. 

But who will determine who was the guilty party?

A stab in the dark guess it would be the RTP and who trusts their judgements any more?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not to defend the rich kid, but if having the means, who would not do everything and anything, to keep their kid out of prison, especially a Thai prison ?

Sending your kid to prison, takes a special kind of hate.

Actually it takes a special kind of love, NOT hate.

• Like 1

The victim was a Pakistani refugee and he died from his injures. The car driver reported to the police after he left hospital. The police said he will probably be charged with causing death through reckless driving. It will be interesting to see if this case gets as much attention as the Ducati case.

30 minutes ago, CLUBBER said:

Wow the father is a civil servant and worth over 940 million US ? They must pay very well here or this general must be one very savvy investor ????

His wealth cannot come from his official state salary. He must have got most of it in other ways.

"Ahmad Wasim, 42. His nationality was not known as his ID was unclear"

He obviously doesn't know the Immigration Laws here! ????

Seriously, how was he allowed into the country if his ID was unclear? Unless of course, it got damaged in the accident?????

25 minutes ago, Spock said:

You begin by saying that 'I'm just saying there should be the same law for all'. What you support is anything but an equal playing field. My Thai friend did 13 years in prison for a far less severe crime than the Red Bull heir committed and didn't have the luxury of escaping jail because he was rich. Your colleague should also have served a long stretch in prison. 600k baht is nothing compared to 10 or 20 wasted years in a Thai prison. What you call a 'legal process' is simply one law for the rich and another for ordinary people. The foreign press were not alone in their concern - many if not most Thai people were unhappy with the corruption highlighted by the Red Bull heir's case. 

Most Thai people I know are quite happy with the way things are. This was an accident remember, not a pre-meditated murder. It was, indeed, the foreign English speaking press that highlighted this case, all Thais accept the way things are and realized from the start, like I did, that Boss would NEVER go to jail. 

Are you seriously saying that Boss should spend 15 years in a Thai prison? Child rapists don't even do that in the UK.

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

This is one of the reasons the Red Bull guy didn't face an unfair trial. If a drunk rice farmer kills  a motorbike rider the fine/compensation is 50,000 baht; Boss paid millions in compensation to the family of the deceased yet is still hounded by the press just because of his wealth and who his family are. 

There were no witnesses in this case, yet people here automatically think the foreigner is the victim. 

as normaly in thailand it's always the foreigners fault. due to the small brains and out right xenophobia of 99.9% Thais. which by the sound of it you are 1

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

"Pae suffered a head injury after colliding with the steering wheel. The airbag reportedly did not function."

There's an endorsement to buy, all that money, ฿12m for a POS, and the airbag didn't deploy.  Unless fuse removed, maybe in conjunction with seat belt warning ... hmm.

No wonder so many go into public service, as it seems to pay very high salaries ... ????

Salaries are ridiculously low. Bonuses on the other hand appear limitless.

22 minutes ago, dirtybirty said:

as normaly in thailand it's always the foreigners fault. due to the small brains and out right xenophobia of 99.9% Thais. which by the sound of it you are 1

Oh dear, Thai bashing at a new level from this newbie. Yes, I am Thai and hope you don't have any Thai friends or relatives with this racist attitude. 

30 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Most Thai people I know are quite happy with the way things are. This was an accident remember, not a pre-meditated murder. It was, indeed, the foreign English speaking press that highlighted this case, all Thais accept the way things are and realized from the start, like I did, that Boss would NEVER go to jail. 

Are you seriously saying that Boss should spend 15 years in a Thai prison? Child rapists don't even do that in the UK.

Most Thai people you know are happy with the way things are and all Thais accept the way things are? 

I seem to remember lots of Thais gathering and not being happy or accepting at all. Then again that's stopped, so all is well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SteveAZ said:

Terrible accident. Also strange on so many levels. The Porsche Taycan S has radar and cameras with a collision avoidance system that (when working) initiates emergency breaking.  That the divers airbags also did not deploy makes we wonder if the car was a collision rebuild done improperly. Since the driver wasn't wearing a seat belt that means the no seatbelt alarm was also disconnected.  

I'm wondering if the radar and location sensors have to be disabled on stolen cars before they shipped to a foreign country? My wife bought a nearly new Mini 25th Anniversary Edition that was shipped in from the UK. Bought it from a top shop in Bangkok, but still I wonder how deep the black market goes.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Yes, but Most Thai people I know are quite happy with the way things are and all Thais accept the way things are.

Same thing is happening in Russia - let corruption run rife and don't question !!!

Edited by Pmbkk

Unbelievable how these things are keep happening on a regular basis. The cops are not to serve and protect but they seem to be a menacing and a net-negative element of the Thai society. If defunding police was ever a good idea anywhere, Thailand would be the place.

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Not this tired old nonsense again.  How many times in this thread??

Are you implying this has never happened? Because i can attest to at least a few people i know personally that it most certainly has.