GPS blamed as Thai driver plunges into klong - he didn't have full insurance

webfact

1 hour ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Idiots of this nature should not be covered by insurance. Our premiums are high as it is.

Agreed.....  There should be a ‘Stupid’ clause in automatic insurance. 

IF someone does something outrageously idiotic such as driving into a Khlong why should insurance pay up ????  Insurance is for accidents not utter stupidity. 

Well, that's a new one ........ GPS at fault. 

In all honesty though it is amazing, how - in my case - Garmin works. Given the mess in routing and one/two-way lane with direction changes during the day .......

Another beauty is trying to find a particular house number. The postmen are special people as nobody else - of any other walk of life - will be able to find a house by its house number. 

You're welcome! 

2 hours ago, smedly said:

and of course he drank soda all night :crazy:

think how many lives will be saved when self driving vehicles become a reality especially in Thailand

The cars may have the ability of self driving, but they haven't figured in the state of Thai roads yet.

Love to see how they get on with some of these Sois.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.....  There should be a ‘Stupid’ clause in automatic insurance. 

IF someone does something outrageously idiotic such as driving into a Khlong why should insurance pay up ????  Insurance is for accidents not utter stupidity. 

True. Perhaps that's why so many Thais drive and ride without insurance.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I just don't understand why every body relies  on GPS I habe been driving since 1968 never had an accident, my car is 26 years old, no airbag, no GPS I am 75 years old and still alive.

GPS is a fantastically powerful and useful tool, but as with any tool, it's only as effective as the human using it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

GPS is a fantastically powerful and useful tool, but as with any tool, it's only as effective as the human using it.

The last time  went to Europe my BIL had GPS in his car he had to look at it every few minutes it is more dangerous than using a mobile which is illigal