Wise have upped their game.

Have just made a transfer to Bangkok Bank from my UK bank using Wise, formally Transferwise. I do the transfer manually through online banking and from the time I transferred the money to Wise, in 11 seconds I had the money in my account here!! That has to be the fastest I have ever had in 5 years of using them as normally it would not arrive until tomorrow. Very impressed to say the least.

• Like 2

I've been receiving instant payments into Krungsri for about 5 months now. They're not completely infallible though. The last one I received took 4 hours. No cause for complaint though, except when It's Madam Moon's 'pay day'  and she's champing at the bit to get into town!

Yes, I'm very pleased I made the switch to Wise. Not only are they very efficient and reliable, using them also reduces the amount of paperwork I have to produce for my yearly extension.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've been receiving instant payments into Krungsri for about 5 months now. They're not completely infallible though. The last one I received took 4 hours. No cause for complaint though, except when It's Madam Moon's 'pay day'  and she's champing at the bit to get into town!

Yes, I'm very pleased I made the switch to Wise. Not only are they very efficient and reliable, using them also reduces the amount of paperwork I have to produce for my yearly extension.

You only need your bank statements showing money came from abroad, same same.

24 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

It all depends on the reason you send the money. Long term stay takes longer than say family.

Funnily enough this was, and always has been, for Long Term Stay.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, barnsleyman said:

When using bank transfer method on Wise, If you use funds for long term stay in Thailand it shows on your Thai bank statement as FTT  ( Foreign Tellex Transfer )

And takes one day more. Always has done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Took 36 hours the other week for me - probably slowed down as the Russians were transferring their ill gotten gains about

No, probably not. 

It might just be something you said here and they don't like you and are giving you a hard time. You've upset someone pure and simple.

Open a new account with bogus name and address.

Easy peasy.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, worrab said:

Funds for long term stay in Thailand is the wording I believe. 

If you chose that and it settled almost instant it won't be shown as an International transfer, matters to some

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 8:23 PM, barnsleyman said:

When I first came to live in Pattaya it took 3,4, & sometimes 5 days to transfer from my HSBC Bank in the UK.

And I bet that, in those days, you had to spend a fortune calling HSBC from Thailand each time you wished to initiate a transfer, and usually found yourself placed on hold and "serenaded" with irritating muzak for an eternity until a real live human being at the HSBC end could be bothered to pick up your call and then asked you for a whole raft of detailed information which frequently had to be repeated on account of crackly phone lines.

Contrast this with the couple of minutes max which it normally takes me to initiate a Wise transfer online.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

After having read far too many "Wise formerly Transferwise" threads over the years, my takeaway is that it's great when it works and that it sucks when it doesn't work as expected. ????

The free publicity they are getting must be priceless. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Caldera said:

After having read far too many "Wise formerly Transferwise" threads over the years, my takeaway is that it's great when it works and that it sucks when it doesn't work as expected. ????

The free publicity they are getting must be priceless. 

No, they only changed their name to WISE last year, so 'formerlyTransferwise'  was not used 'over the years'..

Edited by KannikaP
  • Sad 1

On 3/14/2022 at 11:18 AM, KannikaP said:

It all depends on the reason you send the money. Long term stay takes longer than say family.

Dear oh dear how many times does this have to be debunked

It makes not the slightest difference and the "reason for transfer" is entirely down to audit control should the sender ever be investigated by legal bodies into money laundering or other illegal activity

Chap I put this up before with 4 different screenshots......all different reasons for transfer (including your quote) and all landed instantly...... as always

Audit and banking control ....simple as

34 minutes ago, Chivas said:

It makes not the slightest difference and the "reason for transfer" is entirely down to audit control should the sender ever be investigated by legal bodies into money laundering or other illegal activity

Chap I put this up before with 4 different screenshots......all different reasons for transfer (including your quote) and all landed instantly...... as always

Keep up for the love of god, Wise confirmed recently the reasons for transfer are important again, threads on it, look it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Chivas said:

For over three years I have used Transferwise (now WISE...LOL) and used Long Stay reason except for once before I had my Bkk Bank account tagged by them. Only once did I forget to tick that box, and it arrived at Kasikorn Bank as a local transfer. All the others arrive at Bkk Bank as an International transfer. 

How many times do I and other customers need to tell this scenario?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have a question that is off topic but concerning wise .

I have a British pound account with wise that I opened this week while residing in Thailand .

I opened the account as i am waiting for money from a deceased estate .

Can a solicitor send money to the wise account i have opened ? 

I have no other bank accounts in the UK . 

I was asked to transfer around 1000 baht  to open the account with wise . I am not sure if I was meant to do that for a private account 

Edited by itsari
  • Confused 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:57 PM, RichardColeman said:

Took 36 hours the other week for me - probably slowed down as the Russians were transferring their ill gotten gains about

That is probably because you are using the "funds for long-stay in Thailand" option.

Or you trying to do a transfer over the weekend or public holidays.

Last night my transfer took 7 seconds.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

That is probably because you are using the "funds for long-stay in Thailand" option.

As I had posted earlier, that is the option I always use and this time it took 11 seconds.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, itsari said:

I have a question that is off topic but concerning wise .

I have a British pound account with wise that I opened this week while residing in Thailand .

I opened the account as i am waiting for money from a deceased estate .

Can a solicitor send money to the wise account i have opened ? 

I have no other bank accounts in the UK . 

I was asked to transfer around 1000 baht  to open the account with wise . I am not sure if I was meant to do that for a private account 

The account has a UK bank sort code and an account number so anyone can send money to it. Whether there is upper limit, I don't know.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you haven't confirmed yet whether it's posted as International?

I honestly have no idea as this goes into one account for day to day living. I have another account for immigration which is never touched for the yearly extension so do not need to worry about what is shown.