Protection agencies and police mount human trafficking raid at popular Nana bar area - 14 year old offered for sex

webfact

thats surprising as soi 7 is mostly full of older women that you wouldnt want to <deleted> lol. its the remnants of the queen vic bars from soi 22. i have a drink there every now and then but rarely seen a looker in there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Metapod said:

thats surprising as soi 7 is mostly full of older women that you wouldnt want to <deleted> lol. its the remnants of the queen vic bars from soi 22. i have a drink there every now and then but rarely seen a looker in there.

Perhaps you didn't look a paedophile so were not approached by the mamasan who were keeping the children tucked away ?  Just a thought

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, hioctane said:

That makes more sense. The article made it sound like it was out in the open.

“Too many” is a bit of an exaggeration.  Of course there will be a few with fake IDs and using there sister’s ID (same as anywhere in the world), but bars check IDs. Too many overage girls is my opinion here!

The problem with the last two years of covid it appears the fat and ugly ones remain where the prettier ones moved on, so hence to attract customers they might need to offer something extra perhaps. In the case of this bar that "something extra" was underage girls.

The other problem that exists I am sure is that a  lot of families need the money so they send their daughters to BKK and PKT 

One question though I thought all bars were closed.  Have the gov't removed the barrier or are these restaurants with a hibachi grill out front/

Cops when they do these raids should not be in uniform yeah the smart people will see them but the others will be easy pickings.  Wonder how many bars actually have underage and got away with it last night.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Excel said:

Perhaps you didn't look a paedophile so were not approached by the mamasan who were keeping the children tucked away ?  Just a thought

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes but it don't make it right. Sadly there are too many underage girls working in bars 

“Too many” is a bit of an exaggeration.  Of course there will be a few with fake IDs and using there sister’s ID (same as anywhere in the world), but bars check IDs. Too many overage girls is my opinion here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MajorTom said:

In my 18 years of coming to Thailand i have actually never seen or been offered anything "underage".

And i have been to many sleazy bars. I don't think its very common to come across. Unless you are looking for it.

I am sure lots of us don't see it because we don't look for it.

I.e. there was a time with lots of young (maybe 12 year old) girls were selling flowers in Nana.

Many of us, including me, saw girls selling flower, and nothing else.

Until one guy who I know told me they are available for a lot more than just flowers.

I don't know if that is true but it could be true. And "we" don't see it because hey, they are just selling flowers...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

41 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I would say that 'even one child sold for sex' is 'too many.'

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pravda said:

How does one look like a pedophile? Just checking in case I need to change the way I dress or comb my hair.

If you ignore all the pretty girls and only look at the children which maybe some girls have with them then you are in trouble.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The other problem that exists I am sure is that a  lot of families need the money so they send their daughters to BKK and PKT 

One question though I thought all bars were closed.  Have the gov't removed the barrier or are these restaurants with a hibachi grill out front/

Cops when they do these raids should not be in uniform yeah the smart people will see them but the others will be easy pickings.  Wonder how many bars actually have underage and got away with it last night.

Bars are open and have been for a while. soi Cowboy jumping over the weekend, country roads packing them in but drinks reasonable 120 bhat for Black label. Some of the other bars not so busy, drinks more than likely to expensive. Long Gun and Raw hide both closed Raw Hide for sale.

2 hours ago, MajorTom said:

In my 18 years of coming to Thailand i have actually never seen or been offered anything "underage".

And i have been to many sleazy bars. I don't think its very common to come across. Unless you are looking for it.

Never came across it too while having been 3-4 days a week, for quite some years, almost anywhere and everywhere. Did have seen quite a few times where a woman was with a underage walking around the areas, but never in an actual place or bar.

Unless being 18-19 would count as well, but not to me. I was just around 21 those days too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH