Thai companies have a moral decision to make

webfact

4 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

What moral dilemma?

People actually think Ukraine is some innocent country?  I guess those who only watch TV and follow the latest trends do.  Two corrupt countries at war is nothing to be involved with.  Let God sort those two out.

Countries are not immoral, corrupt or guilty; neither are their entire populations.  Immorality, corruption and guilt start at the top when Governments abuse the people's love of their country for their own particular agenda.  Often stoked by lies and propaganda to trick their own people.  Countries do not start wars or invade other countries people do.

As for letting God sort it out it seems strange that this all powerful and omniscient being always seems powerless and ignorant of all the immorality, corruption and guilt in the world.  To the best of my knowledge the people of both countries worship at the same church!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

What moral dilemma?

People actually think Ukraine is some innocent country?  I guess those who only watch TV and follow the latest trends do.  Two corrupt countries at war is nothing to be involved with.  Let God sort those two out.

Prison rape, death, gang murders, and killing kids because their parents are bad.   Murder old people and pregnant women because a Thai poster said their country is corrupt.

What country isn’t corrupt??   Tell God to start killing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I do  not recall any attacks on Russian soil.....

Funnily enough I was going to raise that issue.......presumably Ukraine has the capabilities to bomb a major city, if not Moscow?......or are Russia's air defences so strong it would be a suicide mission.

I have not seen any discussion in the press.......but it does seem a conscious decision has been made not to bomb. 

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Can these Thai companies use their Morals; not the Morals dictated by Crist and the western authorities ?  

This is not to be understated. Thai Buddhist principles are vastly different than Western Judeo/Christian ethics. It may not be immoral in some cases to do what is considered a 'wrong' if there is a belief that it leads to a greater good (making merit) in the future...or even more simply, Thai Buddhism allows one to make merit in this life to clean up all your messes. 

Edited by tonray
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

This is not to be understated. Thai Buddhist principles are vastly different than Western Judeo/Christian ethics. It may not be immoral in some cases to do what is considered a 'wrong' if there is a belief that it leads to a greater good (making merit) in the future...or even more simply, Thai Buddhism allows one to make merit in this life to clean up all your messes. 

Sounds just like Catholicism. 

• Like 2

They have a moral obligation to feed their families also.  Countries, people & morality ... that's funny.

I see a lot of countries drawing the line on their morality, still buying RU energy; oil & gas.  

11 minutes ago, Karma80 said:

No need for a moral decision. How exactly in any practical sense can you do business? How do you collect payments, how do you sent goods there and can Russian companies even afford to import?

Already their are possible moves to circumnavigate the Sanctions place upon Russia, its Citizens, and Companies by certain Countries.

They are trying to engage Chinese Payment channels such as CIPS and others to get their payments made for goods sent via the Country into Russia.

Not a wise thing to do me thinks.

25 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They were all ruled by dictators or extremists. Ukraine is a fledgling democracy bordered by, guess what? Another dictatorship.

I'm sure the rest you can figure out for yourself. 

No. They were all deemed to be "dictators" and "extremists" as they wanted to trade oil (and other commodities) in other currencies than the USD, and not be controlled by debt. Yet, countries like Saudi Arabia, with horrendous human rights, and the very antithesis of any "democracy" is perfectly okay.

• Like 2