Forgetful Chonburi truck driver causes a million baht of damage after catching electric wires from raised rear of vehicle

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

causing an estimated one million baht of damage.

They arrived at the scene to find five power poles and multiple wires were pulled down on the road

I seriously doubt that figure. £250,000 near to put in 5 new power poles and fix the wiring at Thai employment wage rates. That said, if the firm is connected...............

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They arrived at the scene to find five power poles and multiple wires were pulled down on the road due to the raised rear of the truck catching wires above the road and causing a chain reaction

She didn't notice the bed still raised, and just drove off as usual without checking everything.... no hope for her seeing anything else on the road.

• Like 1

There was an accident 50+ years ago in the UK a garbage truck did the same thing unfortunately he drove under a railway bridge, the raised body hit the bridge catapulting the cab into the underside of the bridge and crushing it, one dead and one maimed for life. We then made a gate on the gearboxes of all tippers, so no gear could be selected if the power take off was still  engaged. The driver had lowered the body at the tip but didn't disengage the PTO.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Such a coarse euphemism. The report says she was pulling her wire.......????

Sorry. My bad. I regularly make feeble attempts to pull my mind from the gutter but all such efforts have proven fruitless.????

• Haha 1

Isn't there some type of warning in these trucks when the bed is up?  There's a video out there ( Russia I think) that shows one of these trucks taking out a pedestrian bridge. Nobody got killed but you actually see some people falling to the ground.

There should be some type of warning bell, lights, etc. in the cab when the truck moves forward over a certain speed with the bed up.