Foreign tourist allegedly attacked by security guards after bill dispute in Central Pattaya

webfact

56 minutes ago, SmokeandIce said:

What information do you have to create your hypothesis.  Isn't it more appopriate to hold judgement until sufficient facts are revealed.  Too quick to blame the farang and the security guards.

I didn't mention the security guard and my 'hypothesis' as you call it was in the form of a question.

For sure someone was to blame, otherwise the incident wouldn't have occurred.

Who are we going to believe? Some shady security guards, at an entertainment complex? Or the tourist? It is unlikely he ran away from paying the bill, and even if he did, it is unlikely he resisted several guys to the point where the skull injury was not malicious, and totally intentional. 

Padding bills is not uncommon. I was eating alone in a Japanese restaurant in Bangkok many years ago and I ordered three dishes. When the bill came it was eight thousand baht. This was not an expensive restaurant, but they had 19 items on the bill. I argued, and I wasn't getting anywhere. I finally asked to see the manager. A very irate very difficult pitbull of a woman came over and started screaming at me. I calmly explained to her that I had three dishes, I showed her the menu, I showed her the dishes that I ordered she said she would look at it. About 10 minutes later she came back with a bill that had only 14 items on it and it was down to 6,000. We went through several revisions of the bill over a period of about an hour and I finally just took the money out of my pocket, had the exact change and put the 800 baht on the table that I owed. I said that's all you're going to get, call the cops, call your thugs, do whatever you want to do but that's all you're getting. 

She looked at me, started screamed at me at the top of her lungs, calling me many ugly names and I just walked out. I hear this kind of thing is quite common in higher end or even middle of the road Japanese restaurants in Bangkok, where they expect the guy to be drunk and not to look at the bill, and these kind of things are very common in certain entertainment establishments, especially Patpong, where they say pay the bill or deal with our thugs in the back alley. You decide.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Though what you are suggesting is wise, there is an awful lot of padding of the bills that goes on here, especially as one get more and more drunk. My woman has caught them in the act many times. 

What they don't know is I can hardly see it in the low light levels.....

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Where is that claim  made ?

Need to wait until the Irish guy sobers up and wait until we hear what he has to say .

It may be that he did refuse to pay his bill, for some reason . 

Could be that he liked the sound of the bell ringing and kept ringing the bell ?

Is that what you did upon arrival in LOS M.M???????????????? "U STARTED, SO I FINISH" 555

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Security guard or tourist ?  ????

I hope that was joke.  Neither have credibility with me.  CCTV to the rescue.

I'll trust a Thai over a foreigner, expat or tourist.  Noticed more scrupulous foreigners than Thais, in 20+ yrs here.

I distrust everyone equally. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

It seems the likely sequence is that the tourist felt as if he was being ripped off, refused to pay for extortion and attempted to leave.

In leaving, the guards attempted to block his path, leading to their claim that he pushed them and accidentally fell over.

The likelihood of a fifty eight year old slightly out of shape foreigner willingly taking on two larger and younger security guards seems slim to none.

But why not just attack the foreigner for wanting to have a good craic on St Patrick's Day and not wanting to be ripped off?

or even more likely the tourist was a drunken gobby idiot and picked an argument with the wrong person and got his just desserts. Lesson hopefully learnt.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leaver said:

You forgot the thing that started the whole incident.

- criminal bar girl  and cashier add drinks to farang's bar bill and then get security guards to collect on the scam.  

You forgot what everybody that has been here long enough has seen countless times

- Obnoxious drunk farang refuses to pay bill, walks away without paying, starts fighting with people trying to stop him, carries on when security arrives, gets a slap. Plays the victim

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1