Possible to shop Ali Express online from Thailand?

Jingthing

Always had slow delivery from AliExpress (like 3 months at times) even when ordering from other Chinese suppliers on Lazada at the same time. The latter can delivery within a week.

I only ever use AliExpress if there is zero other choice. Mostly the slow delivery but also the lack of COD options.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been buying things there for years. It is pretty problem free. I found it so much easier than trying to buy locally and being told "no haab" or Ow o sto" (although I use Shopee now). Be advised that free postage or cheap postage is often very slow - 26 weeks, sometimes more but things always arrive within the dates set. Non arrivals are rare and happen mostly by stuck in China customs. Sellers seem aware of this problem and have sent again.

Those using Thai bank debit cards, are you using one with or without your name on it?

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Dirty little secret about some sellers on Lazada (and I presume, Shopee).....

Some vendors on Lazada appear to sell products THEY order from Ali Express... after you place your order with them (the Lazada seller).  I bought something on Lazada from the only "local" shop that was selling it.  Price was 2X the price of Ali Express shops but I didn't want to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery.  The Lazada shop said they had it "in stock" with delivery in 2-3 days.  A few minutes after ordering, the order was marked as packed and ready to ship.  Can only cancel if shop agrees at that point.

Several days passed and it didn't ship.  Via chat they said they were hoping to ship out by the end of the week.  I pressed them another few days later that and they said they were waiting for shipment from their supplier in China.

It's pretty clear the game they were playing.

Some geniuses listing items on Lazada (presumably same same on AliExpress) list items from actual vendors, including all pictures and blurbs, at 3x price!! They presumably buy cheap and sell expensive after people who don't compare prices and ratings order... Vermins!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There is an item I want to buy but I can't find it on Lazada or Shopee but I did find it on Ali Express.

Any information on shopping with them from Thailand?

Possible?

Accept Thai debit cards?

I have purchased on Ali Express.  All I can say is buyer beware.  A couple of the purchases went through without a problem however on one the picture showed 4 of the items but when the confirmation came through via email is said I was receiving only 2.  I immediately cancelled but the merchants said it was too late that the package had already been shipped despite the fact that both Ali Express and my Credit Card company showed the payment as "pending"  

I refused the package, and am still dealing with this and that was a purchase in December. 

On Lazada and Shopee any problems with damaged, missing, or items not as described are quickly resolved. Ali Express won't even let you post a claim for weeks after the merchandise has arrived. 

8 hours ago, mokwit said:

I have been buying things there for years. It is pretty problem free. I found it so much easier than trying to buy locally and being told "no haab" or Ow o sto" (although I use Shopee now). Be advised that free postage or cheap postage is often very slow - 26 weeks, sometimes more but things always arrive within the dates set. Non arrivals are rare and happen mostly by stuck in China customs. Sellers seem aware of this problem and have sent again.

Those using Thai bank debit cards, are you using one with or without your name on it?

No name on it.

Works for online buying in Thailand.

Will that be a problem on Ali?

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I assume COD not possible right?

No, but AliExpress has a decent escrow system that doesn't release the funds until you (not the courier) confirm delivery.

It does have a time-out so if something hasn't turned up you need to either start a dispute or extend the time or it will automagically release the funds (that's how it worked in the past, it might have changed).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1