Insurance expires 3 months before my cars registration renewal date

I bought a new car in december and obviously paid for 12 months expiring this coming december.

My registration sticker is up for renewal at the end of March. 

Will they cause an issue and force me to buy another 3 months insurance to March next year. 

I cant remember exactly but think I had this issue a few yrs ago. 

Finally, please help me confirm that the following photocopies

- blue book

- insurance receipt of payment

- just the photo page of my passport?

- yellow book?

Is that all they need. 

thanks

I don't really understand what you are asking but I try

1- Our Car Insurance (1st Class Insurance) is due Jan 27th, but the Tax sticker is due somewhere in Feb.

So what we do is renew the INSURANCE (voluntary 1st class Insurance) but TELL them, INSURANCE without POR RO BOR (theTax sticker simply said)

So we get the Insurance papers and then just go with the Blue Book to the DLT and renew the Tax Sticker and buy the Mandatory insurance there at the DLT!

To renew the Tax Sticker, you need to get the Mandatory Insurance and you can buy that at the DLT just before you renew the Tax Sticker

2- Yes No inspection necessary I believe for cars its after 7 years and 5 for Bikes (but could be the other way around 555555)

Edited by MJCM

On 3/23/2022 at 7:03 AM, davidst01 said:

I bought a new car in december and obviously paid for 12 months expiring this coming december.

My registration sticker is up for renewal at the end of March. 

Will they cause an issue and force me to buy another 3 months insurance to March next year. 

I cant remember exactly but think I had this issue a few yrs ago. 

Finally, please help me confirm that the following photocopies

- blue book

- insurance receipt of payment

- yellow book?

Is that all they need. 

thanks

You renew your annual insurance this coming December for another year and it will be valid for when your road tax (what you call registration sticker) is due for renewal next March.

They will need see the registration book, the mandatory por ror bor insurance (the cheap one) as they need to scan the bar code or tear off the bottom portion as proof of being insured. They will accept a copy. If that's not provided or bundled with your primary first class insurance (the expensive one), you can buy that at whatever insurance company has a shop at the road tax office. No need for personal ID or proof of address. Just the book, insurance proof and the money. Your car isn't old enough to require inspection (7 years).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You renew your annual insurance this coming December for another year and it will be valid for when your road tax (what you call registration sticker) is due for renewal next March.

They will need see the registration book, the mandatory por ror bor insurance (the cheap one) as they need to scan the bar code or tear off the bottom portion as proof of being insured. They will accept a copy. If that's not provided or bundled with your primary first class insurance (the expensive one), you can buy that at whatever insurance company has a shop at the road tax office. No need for personal ID or proof of address. Just the book, insurance proof and the money. Your car isn't old enough to require inspection (7 years).

The insurance agent extended the cheaper one por ror bar by another 3 months and I have evidence of that. The main expensive insurance is still 3 months behind and up for renewal at the end of this year. will they care about this? Will they still give me the rego sticker for 12 months march to march next year?

Hope I guess it right?

December 2021 you got your new car and did a complimentary insurance ("expensive") valid until December 2022.

From December to March 2022 you were driving on a red plate/no blue book(? I assume).

From March 2022 you got regular plates and the blue book together with sticker until March 2023. The sticker confirms tax payment AND compulsory ("cheap"/"worthless") insurance.

This is a completely normal situation. For me it's similar but only have a gap of 6 weeks.

I go to extend the complimentary insurance when it's due and then directly go to pay for tax/compulsory (6 weeks ahead of due date). Still gives me another one year sticker from the due date.

Can't tell you whether the insurance agent can align the dates for the complimentary insurance. Maybe not.

On 3/23/2022 at 2:23 PM, davidst01 said:

Also, I wanted to confirm that my car doesn't require an inspection because its under 3 yrs old. Is this correct?

As already written: correct. When it is seven years old you have to go to inspection.

they don't care about your personal insurance policy only the government one that you get when you pay your yearly tax, I have been in your situation for the last six years with no issues, my current truck is five months off because when I got it it took five months to get the permanent plates, no issues on this, one in March and one in August, nothing to be concerned about, 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:
On 3/23/2022 at 2:03 PM, davidst01 said:

- yellow book?

I've never shown or been asked for any i/d or proof of residence. Blue book and Govt, insurance is all they're interested in.

...and the money.