Do you believe in the weekly Covid case statistics anymore?

webfact

Even with low numbers of testing the cases in THailand are not real at all.. There are many many more and the local people know that too. I wrote several times already and know out of own experience that all ATK tests are not reported because with mild or non symptons pepe don't want to go in quarantine.... But every day CCSA does us believe that there are between 20-30k positive PCR tests and about the same ATK tests, but in the meantime in my province the hospitals are full and in my soi there are a lot of cases everyday according to the speaker at 17.00 every day. So no fake news in fact the number of cases

I have always believe the numbers were understated and represented only a fraction of the total numbers.... 

Does not mean they are useless ... as they have shown the recent rises in infections...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I have Thai friends who work in the public and private Thai health care systems.  They tell me that from the very early days, cases of medical personnel catching COVID-19 were not being reported.  Now, some people who test positive are not only not being reported, but some are being denied access to medications if they are not hospitalised.

• Sad 2

In my humble opinion, it is time for the media to move on from reporting these wildly inaccurate daily infection figures.

The number of related deaths is the only relevant number now.

The death figures should also be broken down into two categories, those who died from COVID-19, and those who died with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dmaxdan said:

In my humble opinion, it is time for the media to move on from reporting these wildly inaccurate daily infection figures.

The death figures should also be broken down into two categories, those who died from COVID-19, and those who died with it.

Perhaps hospitalizations? Isn't it just a bit too late to evaluate by deaths?

Reported numbers are probably quite useful as indicators of trends and for comparing one province/amphur with another, but not useful as absolute numbers.

The number of reports here and elsewhere that 'stay at home/keep quiet' is a common response to self-administered testing is now overwhelming*; they can't all be conspiracy theorists????

*Though I have to report that my own experience amongst family and reports on others here in Isaan is that the usual response is to contact local health workers, not to hide, if ATKs are positive. May be a function of a relatively effective local health network in the village/small town environment ('you can run but you can't hide'). I could understand Bangkok being a different kettle of fish.

15 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

You assume that those who died with Covid and not from Covid are included in the death numbers. I've not seen any authoritative reports on how medics are instructed to determine when to attribute a death to Covid, if indeed there are any such instructions. Anyone?

• Sad 1

Most countries won't/don't/can't give actual figures/statistic on their Covid cases.

Not reporting happened in every countries, not only in Thailand.

The daily/weekly numbers reported from every countries just for reference only.

Don't need to be so serious on that numbers.

Are you so innocent? ????

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Almost like covid is similar to the common cold.  Can anyone confirm if both of these diseases are in the coronavirus family?

According to Wikipedia, around 15% of common colds are caused by coronaviruses. Doesn’t mean that the coronavirus from Wuhan is as trivial as the common cold though. After all, the virus from China that caused SARS 1 back in 2003 was also a coronavirus, and had a case fatality rate of 3%, according to the WHO. Agree with the rest of your post, that if deaths were published and broken up into age groups, vaccination status and health conditions, there’s be way less public hysteria.

• Like 1

I never have believed the Daily Covid Infection numbers for Thailand , and I never will.

The Country has too much at stake with a GDP for Tourism estimated at somewhere around 20 %., and some would say its even higher at around 25 %, or more, to have Covid rampant in the Country.

The reporting of numbers is so obviously skewed, that it is farcical.

Just Yesterday, my wifes Brother, his GF, Daughter and my wifes sister and BIL all contracted Covid.

My Wife has a few Dorm Apartments that serve some workers in large Industrial Estates to the East of Pattaya, and several of her renters have said they have major issues in the Plants with Covid, and some Factories are even closing.

My Wifes Father lives about 60 Km North of Korat, and he says more than half the people in his Village are positive, and he has been ordered to close his small minimart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Cases are at least double here, i know of 6 people who have just had covid, none have reported it

Only a fool would!  Not me.  I stay as far as possible from the government.  Visa, driver license, that's it.  Enough.

• Like 2