Video: Beware the ladyboy gangsters - but this video-making "farang" didn't

webfact

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Why does it sound like the writer is experiencing some joy or amusement at the fact that this guy is the victim of a crime?

Dunno, but I why on earth was that guy filming himself, and what about the gold chain? some fetish?

38 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Any chance this encounter was staged? 

The lady boy goes straight for the clasp.  Perhaps she does other things to distract the guy, but if someone immediately grabs your necklace you would think that you would notice.  Also it's fairly clear he is recording, so it seems a little foolish to try to rob him.  Not sure it's a chain worth stealing either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Can you identify him/her? I don't think so.

How would I be able to identify them?  And why is does that prove or disprove anything?

Someone that knows them might recognise them and the video might help them find them again or prove that they did it.

Besides, it doesn't really matter whether we can or not, the fact is that someone recording a video of the person you are considering stealing from might make you reconsider whether to go through with it, which was my original point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The lady boy goes straight for the clasp.  Perhaps she does other things to distract the guy, but if someone immediately grabs your necklace you would think that you would notice.  Also it's fairly clear he is recording, so it seems a little foolish to try to rob him.  Not sure it's a chain worth stealing either.

It would be funny if it was just 14k. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Yup, My ex Thai wife was fond of wearing her gold in public. She was sat on a bus ( in England ) going to work when as she got off at her stop ,  the young bloke behind her grabbed her 2 baht chain and legged it. 

Talk about gutted....she cried for a week. I had warned her frequently about this but she had to learn the hard way.

Moral of the story, listen to good advice.

I never wear real gold jewlry anymore after  seeing and hearing so many cases. Had  a girl cousin sitting  in her car in Boston, MA USA at a red light with window open. When the light changed to green a guy yanked off her chain and ran. Similar to another girl cousin sitting on a train in Boston. When the doors were closing a guy reached back in and ripped the chain off her neck.  No need to flaunt your wealth in Thailand especially in these times when so many have been with out jobs for so long and are struggling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Dunno, but I why on earth was that guy filming himself, and what about the gold chain? some fetish?

This has been going on way before you and I came to Thailand. But now when things are getting desperate here they come again in force.

33 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

I never wear real gold jewlry anymore after  seeing and hearing so many cases. Had  a girl cousin sitting  in her car in Boston, MA USA at a red light with window open. When the light changed to green a guy yanked off her chain and ran. Similar to another girl cousin sitting on a train in Boston. When the doors were closing a guy reached back in and ripped the chain off her neck.  No need to flaunt your wealth in Thailand especially in these times when so many have been with out jobs for so long and are struggling.

Funny. Lived in Boston for the most part of 35+ years. Have never ever heard a story like yours. Window down in car must have happened during our 8 week summer lol.  

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Better off without it.....less likely to be bothered by these thieves... mine got yanked off by a  guy on a motorcycle behind me years ago, never to be replaced!

Even my Thai wife leaves her gold jewellery at home except for special occasions like weddings or anniversary celebrations, and NEVER walks round the streets wearing any - especially at night!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Better off without it.....less likely to be bothered by these thieves... mine got yanked off by a  guy on a motorcycle behind me years ago, never to be replaced!

Swagger in Soi 21 brains elsewhere.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why does it sound like the writer is experiencing some joy or amusement at the fact that this guy is the victim of a crime?

I did, if I was wearing socks I'd have laughed them off, had to hang-on to my shorts though.

Bloke was a right door-handle.

• Haha 1