Neighbor set on fire by rival - he staggers to a muddy pond to douse the flames

webfact

1.2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Sakhla police in Samut Prakan and Ruam Katanyu Rescue services were called to a house in Phra Samut Chedi district after reports that a man had thrown gasoline over his neighbor and ignited it.

They found 30 year old Charoen close to death covered in burns and mud. 

Neighbors said he had been having a feud with a man who lives 10 meters away. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

They reported seeing the assailant try to burn his neighbor to death before fleeing the area.

Other neighbors managed to put out the flames in the house. 

The victim had run out of the house in a fireball and thrown himself into a muddy pond of water in an effort to douse the flames, reported Thai Rath

Police investigations continue. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-02

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Imagine if you'd gone out and caught him mid "delivery".

Actually, my security camera caught him 'brown-handed'.

Archived it (without viewing it) to give to police if he escalates.

• Like 1

Bad things happen all over the world with people.  But here it seems you can’t even discuss an issue with a local without the possibility of violence.  Over many times over minor things.  I don’t know how they came up with the Land of Smiles.  Maybe a  tourism ploy.  
That’s one of the reasons why I will be moving back to the states by the middle of next year.  And I know people will comment about how bad it is there.  But I can’t live in a place walking on eggshells with my tail between my legs.  Because I might upset a local and their childish mentality.  
And I also find that a good number of expats move here because of income or they dislike their own country .  And from what I see they have issues here also.   So is it the country, or the individual themselves .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Nice house.

I agree. I have nothing to say about the story as such, but who can live in such a 5h17h0l3.

Don't admire the photography either.  Can't they afford a flash bulb... if such things even exist anymore?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Reposed said:

A lesson to foreigners on how disputes might be handled here....

Mind your business and your manners when dealing with the childishly minded.

Last month, had a tile setter who refused to do things the way I asked (he knew better); politely fired him, even added a few extra baht.

Week later I'm awakened by a motorbike stopping behind my neighbor's house. Look outside, and there is the tile guy sneaking across my lawn and out of sight.

Next morning, I take the mutt for a pee and see a poo on the corner of my newly tiled patio. 

That, just for his losing face by my firing him. Imagine if I'd yelled at him or fired him publicly......

Christ!

13 hours ago, Reposed said:

A lesson to foreigners on how disputes might be handled here....

Mind your business and your manners when dealing with the childishly minded.

Last month, had a tile setter who refused to do things the way I asked (he knew better); politely fired him, even added a few extra baht.

Week later I'm awakened by a motorbike stopping behind my neighbor's house. Look outside, and there is the tile guy sneaking across my lawn and out of sight.

Next morning, I take the mutt for a pee and see a poo on the corner of my newly tiled patio. 

That, just for his losing face by my firing him. Imagine if I'd yelled at him or fired him publicly......

This just goes to show how childish they are, and often giggling like kids when they make a mistake.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

And yet another heinous act of violence and attempted murder by the infamous, infantile, ill-prepared, angry, dim-witted and unstable Thai male. Dealing with life's everyday annoyances with extreme violence, maiming and murder. :post-4641-1156693976:

Sure this kind of thing never happened in your home country......

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Reposed said:

Actually, my security camera caught him 'brown-handed'.

Archived it (without viewing it) to give to police if he escalates.

Oh sorry '' if he escalates ''    I must get new glasses .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, swm59nj said:

I don’t know how they came up with the Land of Smiles.  Maybe a  tourism ploy.

I believe it is a tourism thing, but it comes from the fact that Thai people are prone to smile a lot and in many different situations.  It doesn't necessarily mean they are happy, kind or genuine.  There are even several kinds of smile.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Neighbors said he had been having a feud with a man who lives 10 meters away. 

Makes you wonder what the feud was about.  Was it something significant like he owed him money or slept with his wife?  Or was it something trivial like he shouted at him in public?  Sadly either could be the case.

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

I believe it is a tourism thing, but it comes from the fact that Thai people are prone to smile a lot and in many different situations.  It doesn't necessarily mean they are happy, kind or genuine.  There are even several kinds of smile.

absolutely, relevant in many cultures, ignore the smile, look at the eyes, they don't lie.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Excel said:

Yes the manner that so many of them behave does suggest that there is perhaps a genetic imbalance. 

I M O it could go back to incest being acceptable like marrying your first cousin and revered as a god for example like...... Oops  

37 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Thai apologist much? Not anywhere near the same scale. You know better even though you refuse to admit it for some whack reason. YOU know it's true. No doubt about it. 

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:
2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Thai apologist much? Not anywhere near the same scale. You know better even though you refuse to admit it for some whack reason. YOU know it's true. No doubt about it. 

I'm just going to reply with this from another thread every time a posted mentions with utterly vapid fatuity ‘it happens elsewhere’ or a paraphrase thereof... 

Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 21.23.53.png

Edited by richard_smith237