No positive Thailand stories on here and expat mental health

19 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

One has to be a little crazy to live here to begin with--myself included!

Greatly dependent, and reflective, on one's lifestyle and company one keeps. 

Positive stories don't generate nearly as many replies, so not a good business platform.  As many website earnings are from clicks & ads, especially if people actually use them.

• Like 1

Many people all over the world have mental health issues.

One question is: Are they comfortable living with these issues?

Another question: Can they afford to live with those issues?

If people are too crazy then the social security net catches their fall in some countries. In other countries there is no net.

And then I am sure some guys prefer to die crazy but with fun in Thailand compared to surviving until and old age, without fun, somewhere else.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 9:12 AM, blackcab said:

This is why Asean Now has corporate membership of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club and the RBSC Polo Club.

The news team, the admin team and the moderators need elite levels of relaxation after a day dealing with the characters on here.

@webfact is often seen on the driving range while @Crossy looks on from the verandah with a cold beer. The rest of us hide in plain sight.

True that.

Meh, I think they have been phoning it in for awhile now and don't really care anymore with all the toxic stuff that is allowed around here.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Who would like to read about my wonderful times with Nit, Noi and Pit? How much detail do you want before it get's boring?

But talkin about that bitch May who told me to buy a house for her and who I loved so much and later I found out our kids are not from me... Now I am sure you all love those stories. 

Happy living with with my BG? 

My BG made my life complete?

My bar girl loves me?

Happy In Is an?

Living the good life in Isan?

That could be some really positive treads, but we know how long it will take before the negativity kills the spirit ????

7 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Is it? I don't have to hide in the sticks some where in Nakhon Nowhere pay thru the nose for insurance if you lucky to get any insurance after you turn 70 plus.I don't have to put up with village kids running after me and screaming Faran,Farang,Farang I get a pension of 60.000 baht per months cheap electricity, rent assistant,free bus travel or train and at the end of the month I still have half of my pension left in the bank. Any more questions?

I have a few friends on the pension and thought the maximum you could get with supplements was $987 per fortnight.

About 50 000 Baht.

I would respond with my thoughts on the topic, but way to busy reading "a bargirl stole my kidney" threads.

Like everything nowadays, there is nobody filtering the media we consume. You can read the puppies adopted a kitten stories, or the Thai people hate us threads.

We tend to consume the stories that reenforce our world view.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, whereyougo said:

I challenge you to find 5 feel good story on this site .You dont get it mate this is a forum and not CNN .Your a great example just look at the anger in your post and your exactly who Im talking about in my OP

Why don't you start some happy threads then?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Don't watch the news and you won't have a problem.

Its not just the news but participation on a forum to discuss topics that are all negative. Ive gone back a long way to find a nice story even way past covid and the sky is always falling. why ?