Police sting nets 18 year old 'madam' - her 16 year old victim lived with her like a slave

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

When a woman named only as A, aged 18, took B aged just 16 to a short time room in Kanchanaburi, polce were waiting inside.

The ATPD - Thailand's anti-human trafficking force - had received information about girls under the age of 18 being offered in the Tha Muang area, reported Daily News.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

They arranged to part with 1,200 baht plus room cost and A arrived with the girl B on a motorcycle.

A was arrested for human trafficking. B was taken into care. 

1649168872141-1024x575.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A admitted to working with B for a year. She always kept the money as she needed it to fuel her boyfriend's drug habit and her own gambling addiction.

If B needed money she had to apply for it.

Social services noted that B had lived like a virtual slave with no options but to do as her master said. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-06

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Tip of the iceberg unfortunately and no photo op for BJ must have been his week off ????  

Unfortunate intended pun ?

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Name and shame and please make an example of these despicable scums.

Why, do you think many of the locals in Kanchanaburi will read this here?

I'm sure the local community will know who they are and what's going on already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw docu about Pattaya. Russian mob luring Russian girls to Thailand.

The passport taken and forced to be prostitutes.

As long as the girls didnt made a complaint towards pimps, nothing could be done.

So how is that running, saw docu already years ago.?

44 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Vast majority are in Nana and Cowboy and Pattaya's Playgrounds and Beer Bars by their own choosing. I've known hundreds of them over my 27 years here and interviewed many. None were forced to do anything by anyone. Free to come and go and do as they pleased. They generally had considerably more control and say than the mamasans and owners. Not forced in the venues I mentioned. Sure, they run into A-hole jerk offs at times and many have told me their stories, but it was fortunately infrequent...but that is a whole different topic.

Trafficking here is predominantly Thai on Thai or Thai on Lao/Burmese/Cambo etc and forced "services" provided to Thais. 

Spot on and that is my understanding and knowledge of it also in my time here, which is the same as yours!

Well said.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Saw docu about Pattaya. Russian mob luring Russian girls to Thailand.

The passport taken and forced to be prostitutes.

As long as the girls didnt made a complaint towards pimps, nothing could be done.

So how is that running, saw docu already years ago.?

And this is relevant how??

9 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

do think prostitution should be legal, but now there is a chance you are paying a slave.

Oh please.

Your most likely feeding an extremely poor family in the North East.

5 hours ago, sead said:

Most girls in the bar is. There's even loads of old farangs driving their gf to bars agogis etc and pick them up afterwards. I love when the man pick her up ang gives her a nice kiss haha after she has been kissing 20 strangers

In 40 years of coming here and living here I have never seen a Falang do that. Plenty of Thai boyfriends on the other hand. In Bangkok and Pattaya.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ozimoron said:
35 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

My g/f is not from Issan and she says it may look like farang in written form, but it is popularly pronounced falang. Just as Sawadee Krap as a normal greeting  is usually pronounced as one word, often shortened to 'waddycap' 

53 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That's not right. Thai's sound like they are pronouncing the "R" as an "L" but in fact educated Thais do pronounce the "R". To the untrained western ear, it may sound like an "L" and many Thais do pronounce it that way.

I recall a time I went to Starbucks in Central Festival in Pattaya and thanked the barista with "Sawatdee Krup". He responded with extra emphasis on the "R" with a big smile on his face. I guess he felt embarrassed not to. Many Thais drop the "R" in "Krup" altogether but educated Thais don't if they are in any kind of formal setting.

The "R" in Thai is not a soft, rolling "R" as it is in English but has a short glottal stop but it definitely is there and is not an "L".

You may come across the occasional educated Thai who use pin point correct pronunciation, but most of us don't. And when the average Joe (or Jill) hears a word (from any unfamiliar language) and wants to write it down phonetically, they will inevitably write it as it sounds. Therefor if they hear 'falang' they will write 'falang' and I can see nothing wrong with that.

If you knew only the Latin-script English letters but hadn't yet learned any spelling, how would you write down the following words phonetically having only heard them:

Asthma, Colonel, embarrass, queue, Pharaoh, receipt.  I could go on for a long time!

Please go and cast your intellectual superiority elsewhere. We'll stick with falang thank you.

• Like 1