No prostitution this Songkran: RTP makes priorities clear for safe holidays

webfact

I just love what they come up with for the thais not to do.The sex trade does not exist in thailand,they are no short time hotels for this or ladies in the city working in the bars either.So don,t it during the holidays and it does not exist anyway

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

soo easy.   Catch a falang with prostitution, death penalty.  just like drugs.

fast forward ......   tourist numbers drop from 35 million (99.999% guys) to 8 backpackers.

I'm the only one who comes to Thailand for clean air, cool days, healthy food, and safe roads

Families do come on holiday with their children to simply enjoy Thailand.

Between now and next year I have 5 friends coming with wife and kids, they all stay in Phuket resorts though which annoys me as it is a long drive to visit them for the weekend.

I know many expats the same, friends and family coming for holidays.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are just so far out of touch it hurts.

The annoying thing is that the emphasis for Songkran that they should have cracked by now

is to make the roads safe is way beyond them even or they do not care because there is no Baht in it for them

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 10:16 AM, RandiRona said:

I think that's a good resolution they made for the themselves .No prostitution this songkran...Celebrate with Mia Nois

Is Songkran a new thing?????????? FF$Centuries old festival,and all of a sudden a meeting about what to do.

Couldn't buy it lol...????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Between now and next year I have 5 friends coming with wife and kids, they all stay in Phuket resorts though which annoys me as it is a long drive to visit them for the weekend.

Fly to Phuket!! Its ur decision to drive!

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yea ... families do come to Thailand to enjoy themselves.  But as your friends highlight, families don't really go to Pattaya, if doing any research.

Patts is geared toward sexpats & sex tourist which is fine, keeps them away from where I live.  Bkk weekenders, simply because it's close and Hua Hin is another hour of driving away.  Though many pop into Bang Saen instead of patts.

• Like 1

..and this is the beginning of the implementation of the 'real reason' why the covid lockdowns have continued for so long, i,e, they want rid of this image and for this to go underground, Thai style!

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Along with action against local police if they are foolish enough to turn a blind eye to what is going on in their jurisdictions. 

None so blind as those who are paid not to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is reality, and then there is what officials claim is reality. The latter seems to satisfy many in a population where 'face' is important.

Yes, constructed realities exist in most countries and cultures, but in my experience it is taken to another level in lands and cultures where face is so critical. Thailand is known around the world for its bargirls and pay-for-play industry, and for many people, this is likely embarrassing. They can pretend tourists come to visit Wat Arun, but on any given day there's 50 times the number of tourists in Nana Plaza than at Wat Arun. That can be ignored if some authority figure provides an alternative reality. Thus, if cops state matter-of-factly that prostitution does not exist in Thailand, face is saved---despite everyone being fully aware of 'real reality'. And if a little prostitution slips by and must be recognized, well, that's foreigners, even though foreigners partaking in the game are a small percent of overall prostitution in the country. Thais can hold on to a need to feel pure, proper and pious.

You know, I know, you know that I know, I know that you know, but if we both pretend all is at odds with reality, face is saved for both of us.

Another topic today Barowners can't find girls....    For what?  If there is no prostitution a few girls is enough to serve food and drinks....There is no overload of tourists.... and if they do other things . the police is on the crackdown now

19 hours ago, blazes said:

If you are a "place of prostitution" you are, by definition, breaking the law, no?

None of the places with girls available characterise themselves like that.  Place like "soapies" are licensed to provide "bath services", and licensed gogo bars (both for farangs and Thais) are not supposed to allow prostitution on the premises. What happens in ST hotels, is not illegal, unless underage providers are used.  What the government don't want is "promiscuous displays of prostitution" and streetwalkers. 

8 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

When ever I travel, if I have the choice to drive I will.

Leave homea t 10pm

Well stop moaning about the journey,people are flying 1000's of miles to have a holiday,and its your choice to vìsit them or not!

On 4/6/2022 at 10:14 AM, petermik said:

image.png.89ccd2beec8a0d9c6209210e8cbb536a.png

Come on now chaps everyone knows there is no prostitution here in Thailand...:whistling:

It's a fact.

I've personally interviewed countless women here and they have all denied me.

3 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Well stop moaning about the journey,people are flying 1000's of miles to have a holiday,and its your choice to vìsit them or not!

Stop moaning ?

can you please copy and paste my post where I was moaning.

I