Best Songkran EVER (So Far)

HappyExpat57

Everything I have read said the 13th thru the 19th.

I bet tonight you will start seeing more activity.

Hope it is quiet for all who want that, I left anyway until the 20th bet the place is a zoo even if they don't have water play time.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Everything I have read said the 13th thru the 19th.

I bet tonight you will start seeing more activity.

Hope it is quiet for all who want that, I left anyway until the 20th bet the place is a zoo even if they don't have water play time.

Report from AseanNow says 11 April start, so you didn't read everything.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1256536-songkran’s-‘seven-dangerous-days’-begin-with-a-spike-in-road-deaths/

One good thing was the mrs & I had to drive to Pattaya-BKK up and back last night and all the tolls are free.  A couple hundred baht saved, now I can invest that 300b into some real cash, woo hoo. 555

6 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

has always started early and finished late.

Sounds like my sex life!!

As for SK i saw the thais day drinking a plenty today and getting a jump on things early as usual when it comes to acting a fool .... gonna be interesting up here in CM as I got my water gun ready --only to be used in defense...I will be amazed if thais and tourists actually BEHAVE

• Like 1

11 hours ago, champers said:

Pattaya Beach Road quite busy today, as were the beach chair operators. I would expect it to pick up even more from tomorrow and through to the end of the weekend. Nice boost for local businesses.

I drove down Sukhumvit yesterday afternoon, very crowded and a lot of BKK plates on display, accompanied by their usual aggressive driving style.... time to go cabin lockdown?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Not from what I witnessed today on my daily bike ride......lots of day boozing--or MORE so

Check the red days in the calendar. Everything else is people that are extending the holiday by themselves. That is just because of the reason they never grow up, and never can wait for something.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

With out wishing to be a damp squid I think businesses will make more money with out the water throwing as people will be more prepared to go out knowing they are not going to get dowsed with water.

Not a damp squid, merely a realist.

On 4/12/2022 at 1:13 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

Songkran

Best Songkran EVER

Quite sad actually, I miss the sexy chicks in their short, shorts and bikinis soaking wet and full of smiles. 

Hope next year is better. ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1