American man allegedly attacked by foreigner and Thai on Pattaya Walking Street

webfact

2900765-696x392.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – An American man was allegedly attacked by a foreigner and a Thai woman over the past weekend on Pattaya Walking Street, according to a police report made by the alleged victim and released by Pattaya police.

On Wednesday, April 13th, Mr. Aaron L. J.(last name withheld), 55, an American national, filed a report to the Pattaya City Police. Pattaya police released the information to the local Pattaya press yesterday evening, April 14th, 2022.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Mr. J. told police on Saturday (April 9th) at 11:30 P.M. he was on Pattaya Walking Street.  Mr. J. said he was waiting to meet a female friend (who wasn’t identified) he had texted in front of a popular Walking Street live music venue when a foreign man and a Thai woman suddenly pushed him down before attacking him.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/15/american-man-allegedly-attacked-by-foreigner-and-thai-on-pattaya-walking-street/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I was attacked by a foreigner about a month ago too. I sat down and he came to me and kicked me in my head. I had never seen that man before. I got payout of 20000 thb, but my CT scan and hospital bill was 13000. I still feel dizzy. He still walk free in Pattaya.

Be careful, Pattaya is dangerous.

That's really not good! It sounds like there's a rogue foreigner on the loose in Pattaya. He's possibly only like that from being stuck in a sterile emasculated western country for so long during covid and is feeling disoriented about what best to do in Pattaya. Luckily there's enough girls to go around for everybody even nutjobs and they should be competent enough to quickly relieve his pent up stress.

• Like 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

Last time I was in WS, some time ago it was scary looking, a bit desolate, and scruffy, holes to fall down and really offering no reason to be there. Here is more reason to avoid it, random attacks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

Yes it is getting dangerous to text a (Friend) these days.

Maybe the friend and her boyfriend were the attackers?

That was my first thought.  Maybe thinking he's going to meet a hot girl just to get him to the location?

Definitely sounds like there is more to it.  Don't get involved with any girl unless you're 100% sure she's single.  These girls are dangerous.

He is a big lad......with his build I would have thought that someone minded to attack an innocent stranger would have the sense to move on to an easier target.....perhaps not a random attack.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

That was my first thought.  Maybe thinking he's going to meet a hot girl just to get him to the location?

Definitely sounds like there is more to it.  Don't get involved with any girl unless you're 100% sure she's single.  These girls are dangerous.

Could be.  To go further down this road, texting is not just texting anymore with social media.

If you have a social media account, virtual strangers can message you and latch on to a girl (who has a social media presence and tries to remain polite and also informs these people she has a boyfriend/husband).

Many, feeling invincible behind keyboards/phones, get very disrespectful.  

Very easy to see someone who pushes too far being met in real life to find morally bankrupt choices can have consequences.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

'Pattaya Police are checking CCTV footage nearby for further investigation.'  That's all they ever do.  Do they ever spot speedsters and red light runners during their daily viewing hours?  I thought not.

I never thought anyone here gets a speeding ticket. I googled that as a question The one response I did get was 70% of all the fines never are paid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

He didn't receive any messages so he started to sms her (she blocked their Line account), he sent her 17 messages over 3 months, nothing nasty, just asking her out for a drink, beach, bars and restaurants. He told me the only negative comment was that her bottom was getting bigger and she should go to the gym.

I am amazed she could resist your friend.  He obviously knows how to sweet talk the girls ????

• Haha 1

Initially I thought this related to a commotion near the entrance of Walking Street a few days ago. I was behind the Police rushing to Walking Street. I heard "black guy" mentioned... But who was in the frame was actually a well built Thai girl. She tried to avoid them and to take a motorcycle taxi; but the police weren't having it. So she stated screaming and shouting and resisting. So they grabbed her legs and carried her to the pickup; still screaming and resisting. Even in the pickup she was fighting them. They had their special tools with them. Finally they had enough of her behaviour and one of the policemen jumped up on to the flatbed and put her down. Then they took her away to soi 9.

I guess she did something to a "black guy".. There was one at the scene who went over to take a picture of her. Didn't look like the person featured here.

Edited by Bruno123

23 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I am amazed she could resist your friend.  He obviously knows how to sweet talk the girls ????

He treated her very well. It was a 18 month relationship.

My description was very brief, just wanted for you to get the gist.

The point I'm making....in spite of everything, at all costs, avoid confrontation, the cops won't be there to help you. 

6 minutes ago, jwdub12 said:

No offense but your friend seems rather obtuse. First of all his dealings with his ex-GF can come across as borderline harassment by continuing to call her 17 times and never getting a response back. What doesn't he understand? It wouldn't have surprised me to hear that he got an ### kicking from the ex-bf she went back to. Second of all the details are pretty vague as to why he was having the problems receiving back his deposit on the bike. I'm not saying he deserved a beatdown, but you got to wonder.

I'll keep it simple. 

1. Cops help Thai girl instantly, no delay and drop everything after getting harassed by sms messages. 

2. Cops ignore foreigners assault and battery, theft, unauthorized entry. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1