Video: Woman mistakes brake for accelerator and plows into front of gold shop injuring two

webfact

Sounds like she never took a driving lesson. I have mistakenly done this on occasion. Anyone with some skill, and some consciousness immediately pulls up their foot and instantly applies the brake. 

Little to no skill?

Sleeping at the wheel? 

Or just very, very dull. Oh wait. I think that store is heading for me! What should I do? Keep my foot on the gas and prove Darwin correct? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Probably an automatic, 2 pedals.
Imagine she would drive a manual.
She would get lost.

Likely never learned to drive a manual, only automatic. And not many lessons at that.

I wonder if she had left foot on the brake and right on the accelerator.

Mistaking the pedals does not explain why she drove from the other side of the road at speed, maybe she mistook the steering wheel for the brake pedal, right hand hard down, instead of right foot hard down, seem she don't know her elbow from her @rse.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 8:44 AM, Andre0720 said:

But when 'someone' touches a pedal wanting to brake, and a car accelerates instead, would not this 'someone' very quickly move that foot away??

No.

They press harder to try and stop quicker.

When I renewed my Thai licence I nearly failed the brake test. When the light went red I took my right foot off the throttle and my left foot went for the clutch, After several tries and the lady telling me wrong foot I explained that my Ford Ranger pickup had 3 pedals and a manual gearbox. I said that I WAS doing it correctly an there were only 2 pedals and not 3. She hummed and hawed and let me pass somewhat reluctantly.

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

When I renewed my Thai licence I nearly failed the brake test. When the light went red I took my right foot off the throttle and my left foot went for the clutch, After several tries and the lady telling me wrong foot I explained that my Ford Ranger pickup had 3 pedals and a manual gearbox. I said that I WAS doing it correctly an there were only 2 pedals and not 3. She hummed and hawed and let me pass somewhat reluctantly.

Odd, in CM there's only a brake pedal to hit.