Seven Deadly Days: Top RTP commanders happy with the Songkran road stats

webfact

We are happy with ourselves, proud of ourselves, congratulations to ourselves, we will reward ourselves. we are the champions ourselves, thanks to ourselves......................... would be better to do such a great achievement EVERY DAY 365 days a year and.......be honest with statistics like the TAT, the only one who says the realistic truth.........

14 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

If there is no license then there will be no insurance. Glad I don't bump into any of them and probably thousands of others too.

Unfortunately even if they don't have licences you can still be held accountable if you have an accident with one of them. Couple years back someone I know was accused of negligence after running into someone without a licence that was going the wrong way. Go figure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

67,000 driving around with no licence is a pretty terrifying statistic.

What's the deterrent? Points on the licence is a non-starter. A ban on driving clearly won't work. A slap on the wrist? A small fine? A now don't do it again, there's a good fella? 

Impound the vehicle and irrespective of whether the driver is the owner or not, charge a very, very hefty fee for its return. 

67.000 is only the ones involved in accidents. 

1 minute ago, transam said:

When you read the figures for no helmet or licence over a few day's, it just shows you how useless the law/legal system is...????

It's not the laws or legal system that is useless, it's simply the enforcement of such laws via the legal system that is useless.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing to be Happy about . It should be near to Zero.

It could  be like that IF they put their act together and Enforce the Laws 24/7 All year round .

We all know that ain't gonna happen so not to worry they are aiming for the Gold Medal Again.

2 minutes ago, Stupooey said:

So 'non-functioning lights' didn't make the top 10. Surprising, since at least 25% of motorcycles have no rear lights, and many have no front ones, easy to identify at a checkpoint. 

And At least 25% of them have NO Registration Number plate....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Must be as proud as Punch

Yep, especillay since their role is to ensure such offences don't happen, but in reality many are in the 10's of thousands.

What's missing unless I didn't see it is some data re fines/punishments etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Oh !  They certainly have the manpower.

There are around 235,000 active serving Police Officers in Thailand.

Added to this is the massive number of " Assistants and helpers " they need

The problem is getting them off their A@@@S to do any work.

The age old adages still prevails - to serve the commons for the public interests, not dependent or controlled by the over extended mafia groups [government included] that rule the day. 

4 hours ago, khunjeff said:

It's actually astounding to me that they ticketed as many people as they claim, since I don't even know they could fine someone for driving the wrong way unless that driver literally drove through their tent and knocked over the tables

Not beyond the bounds of possibility!

10 hours ago, webfact said:

No helmet 57,021

I was riding and stopped in a village deep in the jungle (true story).  The store was also a family's home and they were eating.  They asked me to sit down and eat a little.  I had my helmet next to me and told the kids in Thai to wear their helmet every time.... I just said it, maybe because the kids were looking at it.   I didn't think about it.

When I was leaving the father told his kids (in Thai, of course) not to wear a helmet because it's hot and ......... (hey, my Thais not that good)......and he was pretty strict in letting the kids know that they are NOT to wear a helmet.  I acted dumb, smiled.   

I wonder what happened to those kids.....

Edited by Iamfalang

10 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Another one of your comments that puts foreigners down?

You seem to relish doing this.

I thought Neeranam's comment at least showed balance, and using the word  "seemed" seems to be a self-admission of a lack of precise accuracy.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Nelson52 said:

Thais that I know in Bangkok rarely think that there's anything wrong with driving after drinking and being way over the limit. Must be different in Hua Hin.....or are we just blaming foreigners for all things bad. 

I have no Thai friends that drink and drive. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I have no Thai friends that drink and drive. 

Right, all Thais are perfect. Only falang drink and drive. We are the cause of Thailand's miseries and it is because of us so many of you die on the roads... oh I forgot, in Hua Hin, according to you, it seems only falang drink and drive????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

And he is happy about that?

Well let's say at 400 baht per offence and there were 336,975 offences that equates to 134 + million baht so as we now 50 % of this goes into the corrupt RTP's back pockets I would suspect he is more than happy, not to mention their Mia Nois who will also benefit no doubt.

• Like 1