Fourteen women file sexual abuse complaints against ex-Democrat Prinn

webfact

11 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

You live here long enough to know what would have happened to that woman 15 years ago if she would have attacked (made a complaint) a powerful and protected man. And yes the future forward is probably involved to protect these woman to clean up part of THai politics. 80 % of these so called elected people belong in jail anyway.

I am not so sure what would have happened. I agree it is not easy in Thailand to complain about somebody powerful. But also 15 and 20 years ago powerful people were convicted and ended up in jail.

Today it is still a big step in Thailand to complain against the powerful. But more and more people do complain. And/or they post things on fb.

One thing is sure: If nobody complains then nobody will be prosecuted and convicted. And saying "nothing will ever change" and then expecting it will change just doesn't add up.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I understand that it is not easy for a woman to step forward and accuse a guy of assault or rape.

But then, if these women decided years ago that they don't want to face the public why do they do it now?

And if there is no proof what do they expect will come out of it now, years later?

And if there is proof why didn't they report it earlier?

I would imagine that this or women in general who hold it in for years, feel shame, embarrassment, guilt in other words they have a sentence within themselves, until they can muster enough courage when hearing others came forward, then they can feel some kind of support, e.g. I shouldn't feel guilty, or ashamed, or embarrassed, he did this and needs to pay for it because the case is stronger in numbers.

Just because one has proof that a crime was committed, in this story, rape, doesn't necessarily mean if she went to the police, here in Thailand he would get charged, as powerful people here walk away all of the time, if you don't know that, and your living in Thailand, you really don't know the culture here.

I would support any female who was raped and came out a decade or more later to get out of her life sentence of holding it within here for the above reasons mentioned, the damage is done, now to try and make the wrong right so that at least some kind of satisfaction can be made out of all of this is he is convicted for his alleged crime/s.

Most rapes go unreported, does that make it right, no, more women should come out and report it, but it all depends in what country your in, for example we all know what happens to women who speak there, I won't go into that disgusting part, but you can Google it.

Maybe the above gives you some kind of perspective, but at the end of the day, you would have to ask the victims why they didn't come forward, but I would say that what I said above would be pretty much on the money.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Your a women, wouldn't you like it if the men who assault and rape women are exposed and hopefully prosecuted and jailed?

Now how does it happen that bad guys get arrested and jailed? Does it happen because victims and witnesses go to the police? Or does it just happen without anybody coming forward?

It seems someone has to explain this to you. If nobody comes forward and complains then nobody gets prosecuted and possibly jailed. And if they don't get exposed and jailed then the bad guys do bad things again and again, maybe for many years. And then there are more and more and more victims.

So what is the best way that there are no more victims? Lock up the bad guys or execute them. But how can that ever happen if nobody complains?

A criminal can only get away with his crimes if nobody complains - maybe for 15 years.

Now you can try to womensplain to those assault survivors why that guy did it apparently again and again and why he was not in jail. 

I’m not a woman.

Nor am I someone who tries to blame the survivors of sexual assault for the actions of predatory scum. 

Nor am I someone who tries to mansplain to such survivors on how they should deal with such a traumatic event. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

I think your response is ridiculous.

Knowing a few victims of sexual assault and abuse (both male and female) and having read various articles on the matter, I thought it relatively common knowledge that victims sometimes prefer just to move on rather than re-live the experience via criminal proceedings, expose themselves to public shame and often self-blame. Add into this that there is often a requirement for multiple complaints before a police investigation even starts (at least as I understand in the UK- where a male friend was abused as a boy by a Doctor, he was mid-30s when the investigation eventually started, many years after his initial report) then many are put-off the complaint process.

Add into the mix a relatively powerful alleged perpetrator and the general environment in Thailand, I feel it is very easy to understand the reluctance to have reported a police complaint earlier.

Ok, so they decide to stay silent for several possible reason. I can understand that.

But why then don't be silent anymore after a decade? What do these alleged victims hope will happen after so many years? Is there any evidence left? Do they expect a confession? Do they expect a compensation? Why stay silent for so long and then speak up?

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Are you really blaming the victims?  

Perhaps coming from Scotland your English is not up to scratch. Where , any where in my post did I blame the victims ? More like a delusion on your part to deliberately flame and invoke arguments. If you had a modicum of logic then read the thread fully and you maybe , perhaps, be able to grasp that this slime ball's actions in 2003 in the UK were the subject of an abuse allegation being withdrawn by 2 Thai women in London, allegedly after being paid off, now that should not be too difficult to understand the linkage and where I was coming from with my comment should it ? even for a Scot !

As for stating "I'll have a lot more to say if this is true"  then you can say how much you like , up to you, so run along now, that's a good chap and get of your imaginary high perch. You now deservedly go on ignore as ,well done.

Edited by Excel

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, so they decide to stay silent for several possible reason. I can understand that.

But why then don't be silent anymore after a decade? What do these alleged victims hope will happen after so many years? Is there any evidence left? Do they expect a confession? Do they expect a compensation? Why stay silent for so long and then speak up?

The reason for that is that there are less people like you now then there were before. The times have changed now they feel they can finally break their silence without being condemned by people like you. 

What they hope to get from it in many cases just recognition and just want to see that person punished. Then if one accuses that person many feel strengthened by it and join in. 

You should really get some more empathy, and maybe read some books and articles about this. How you see things are way of base. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Yet these are the typical sort that actually abuse poor Isarn young girls in Pattaya and other sex areas. 

What is your definition of abuse? Is anybody who has sex with a young Isarn girl in Pattaya an abuser? 

52 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would support any female who was raped and came out a decade or more later to get out of her life sentence of holding it within here for the above reasons mentioned, the damage is done, now to try and make the wrong right so that at least some kind of satisfaction can be made out of all of this is he is convicted for his alleged crime/s.

A appreciate you post. Let me concentrate on this part for a minute.

What do you mean with "now to try and make the wrong right"?

Do they really expect that the alleged rapist will be sentenced now because they also claim they were abused or raped 10 years ago?

Or do they think if only enough women say something happened then we all should believe that it happened? I mean: Maybe it did happen. But just the fact that some women say it happened many years ago is no prof that it happened. And as we all know many women all over the world who accuse men after many years want compensation. That is obviously a big motivation to "remember" what happened long time ago.

And if we assume for a moment that everybody is innocent until proven guilty: Do these women really expect that the accused still remembers in detail what he did 10 years ago?

That doesn't mean he did it or didn't do it. But we all forget events. And we forget details after days. Nobody remembers all the details after many years.

58 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’m not a woman.

Nor am I someone who tries to blame the survivors of sexual assault for the actions of predatory scum. 

Nor am I someone who tries to mansplain to such survivors on how they should deal with such a traumatic event. 

You avoid giving answers.

It seems you try to live in a beautiful world without crime.

And maybe in your world crimes just happen out of the blue. Could a victim be maybe even 1% responsible for doing something stupid which she shouldn't have done? Not according to you.

We don't live in a perfect world. When will you accept reality?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

The reason for that is that there are less people like you now then there were before. The times have changed now they feel they can finally break their silence without being condemned by people like you. 

What they hope to get from it in many cases just recognition and just want to see that person punished. Then if one accuses that person many feel strengthened by it and join in. 

You should really get some more empathy, and maybe read some books and articles about this. How you see things are way of base. 

I will tell you something about people like me.

If anybody claims he or she was abused or raped then I support this person to go forward. Report the crime, try that the criminal will get prosecuted and convicted. If the criminal goes to jail then there is one criminal less on the street who can do harm.

I am sure many people think like that. We all want that criminals go to jail.

So what happens if a person speaks up about a alleged crime which allegedly happened many years ago?

Is there any evidence to convict that criminal now?

And if that evidence exist why wait so long?

Just coming out like "he also did this to me" is useless! It is no proof that a crime happened so an accused person won't be prosecuted or go to jail.

And if an innocent person is accused he has almost no chance to defend himself. Who has a record of what he did Tuesday afternoon 12 years ago?

If a women waits a week or two to get over the shock that is understandable. But reporting something many years later is for many people like me useless and suspicious. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And maybe in your world crimes just happen out of the blue. Could a victim be maybe even 1% responsible for doing something stupid which she shouldn't have done? Not according to you.

I do accept reality but that doesn’t excuse victim blaming nor give me the right to lecture  survivors of sexual assault on what they should or should not have done. 

Oh and the answer to your attempt to justify victim blaming question is a resounding no. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I will tell you something about people like me.

If anybody claims he or she was abused or raped then I support this person to go forward. Report the crime, try that the criminal will get prosecuted and convicted. If the criminal goes to jail then there is one criminal less on the street who can do harm.

I am sure many people think like that. We all want that criminals go to jail.

So what happens if a person speaks up about a alleged crime which allegedly happened many years ago?

Is there any evidence to convict that criminal now?

And if that evidence exist why wait so long?

Just coming out like "he also did this to me" is useless! It is no proof that a crime happened so an accused person won't be prosecuted or go to jail.

And if an innocent person is accused he has almost no chance to defend himself. Who has a record of what he did Tuesday afternoon 12 years ago?

If a women waits a week or two to get over the shock that is understandable. But reporting something many years later is for many people like me useless and suspicious. 

Then people like you should educate themselves a bit more about those reasons. They can be find in all kind of reports about this matter. You seem deadset on protecting guys while those are the ones suffering the least. Woman are having a far harder time.

Your actually contradicting yourself first you say there is no proof and then you talk about defending himself. I mean if there is no proof no need for him to defend himself. So that makes no sense.

For people like you its suspicious, because of lack of empathy and knowledge. As i said do read a bit more on this matter if your genuine you will understand after that.

Also lets take the guy in question. We are talking about someone powerful. Someone who has done this before. So these woman are then alone get bullied and forced into submission are convinced they cant win. Then one of them is braver and makes a case. Then all of a sudden they get courage from this because now its less likely that she is not believed because she has other woman who all experienced the same.

So its really easy to explain. But your always looking at it from a woman are out to get a guy while no woman in their right mind (there might be some exceptions but its aminority) would make this stuff up and let her name be dragged through all of this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

Knowing a few victims of sexual assault and abuse (both male and female) .........

Knowing a few victims of false accusations of sexual assault and abuse ..... I'd say no evidence should = no guilty party. Women lie all the time about everything both trivial and serious, and are generally not to be believed without supporting evidence.

Having many women making the same claim is not evidence of wrongdoing IMHO.

19 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe a set up to remove a MP for the next elections... 14 new women with a case now?? Why did they not come earlier with their accusations??

It is pretty obvious that the women were too scared to report the assaults because their attacker was well connected from a prominent family and they didn't have the money to pay for expensive lawyers or bribe police and prosectors. Plus the fact that police investigators are nearly all male and are prejudiced against female rape victims.  It takes a great deal of courage for young woman to file a complaint against someone like that and they have to take the risk of being accused of being a slut and/or lying to extract cash.  It is perfectly understandable that they should just try to pick themselves up and get on with their lives as best they can remaining anonymous.  But when Anna Vidyaphum decided to file charges against him, many victims must have thought that they would get proper support, given the unlimited resources of her husband from the Noble property family.  The accused has finally come up against a victim with a lot more cash than him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I recall a report in a British newspaper in 2003 saying that the police were angered and mystified when the girls in the London case suddenly decided not to testify.  The Met claimed it had a solid case and was ready to prosecute until then.  The report couldn't name the victims and didn't say that they were Thai.  Now it is reported that they were Thai it becomes clearer why they might have decided not to proceed with the case.  Maybe got phone calls from their parents who had received calls from someone else.  Unfortunately detailed reports about the 2003 case seem to have been scrubbed from the internet and there is a story put about that the victims were simply Thai sluts digging for gold, even though they were apparently at school in England.  In the Thai securities industry unpleasant stories were circulating about similar behaviour going back over 10 years and people used to laugh at the mention of his name but his employer still considered him a valuable employee, given his great connections.  Obviously the Democrat Party also considered him a valuable addition when his time in the securities industry was up and overlooked any potential skeletons coming out of his closet.  now the party leader has apologised for his decision but refuses to resign to take responsibility.  He may pay the price in the next elections but who would want to vote for what's left of the party anyway?

It seems your conclusion is that what was reported in the UK was true. Maybe it was true. But maybe, just maybe, those were gold diggers back then. Who knows? 

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think to put a more level aspect into this thread one has to understand that previously it appears 2 Thais withdrew their rape allegation back in 2003. Why ? well of course we will never know as it occurred in the UK but it is suggested they were paid off to withdraw the allegation.

Now how many times have we read reports in Thailand, regardless of the crime, the "victims" withdraw their allegations have being paid of handsomely ?   Now we are in the Thai domain where money is number one, rape, murder you name it the perpetrators often buy off their victims and or the prosecuting authority, its the way wealthy Thais behave as they think it is their divine right to behave as they wish. In this case some of the victims are accusing this slime ball of an offence going back years.  Have we heard as to whether or not they had already been paid off but now coming back hopefully for the second bite of the cherry ? The recent Ghislane Maxwell/P Andrew/Virginia Giuffre issue is an illustration of what may similarly be the case here, who knows ?  A victim taking money to drop a case puts them at the same low moral level as the abuser in my book.

Here what are the real facts ? no doubt we shall never know as more money will no doubt come into play "donated" by the wealthy family to those claiming to be victims, assuming of course the alleged perpetrator does not take a permanent holiday to Dubai or to other countries with no extradition treaty with Thailand. Of course the wealthy can get away with their crimes due to the lure of money to the less fortunate but at the end of the day if you allow alleged rapists to get away scot free because you took the money, don't complain when these slimeballs do the same thing to your friends or Sisters, unless that is they to allowed themselves to be abused for the lure of the money, which I would seriously doubt is the case in these instances.

Also posting on FB that you were on a night out with a well known and wealthy Thai ( and I am not saying any of these latest 14 females did) would give girls a lot of kudos in their own lower social circle so hence the risks perhaps sometimes out way the rewards. 

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I do accept reality but that doesn’t excuse victim blaming nor give me the right to lecture  survivors of sexual assault on what they should or should not have done. 

Oh and the answer to your attempt to justify victim blaming question is a resounding no. 

You clearly like that term "victim blaming". 

And you clearly don't understand the concept of common sense.

And it seems you don't understand that bad guys only go to jail if bad guys are convicted of a crime. And they won't be convicted if nobody reports a crime.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, robblok said:

So its really easy to explain. But your always looking at it from a woman are out to get a guy while no woman in their right mind (there might be some exceptions but its aminority) would make this stuff up and let her name be dragged through all of this. 

Happens all the time,

Aussie Bogan reported gang rape, security cameras show her being taken home on a m/c taxi.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10694285/Australian-model-Stevie-Bamford-arrested-false-Thailand-tuktuk-rape-claim.html

Dutch girl in CM reports same with 3 guys, evidence shows two of the alleged assailants were a male/female couple.

And again, French policeman falsely accused of rape in Thailand.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/06/06/ordeal-ends-for-french-cop-accused-of-koh-tao-rape/

And that's just three recent cases of false accusations made in Thailand.

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Happens all the time,

Aussie Bogan reported gang rape, security cameras shower her being taken home on a m/c taxi.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10694285/Australian-model-Stevie-Bamford-arrested-false-Thailand-tuktuk-rape-claim.html

Dutch girl in CM reports same with 3 guys, evidence shows two of the alleged assailants were a male/female couple.

And that's just a couple of cases of false accusations made in Thailand.

The lure of money in Thailand can overcome most moral issues in Thailand, it's their culture so your examples are illustrative of the real issues that are here. Fact or fiction is secondary to the primary goal of obtaining money by any means possible and until that attitude is erased not a lot will change

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You clearly like that term "victim blaming". 

And you clearly don't understand the concept of common sense.

And it seems you don't understand that bad guys only go to jail if bad guys are convicted of a crime. And they won't be convicted if nobody reports a crime.

I only mention your attempts to justify victim blaming because that is what you are, amongst other things on this thread, doing. 

As to what I understand, I certainly understand what you are trying to do in your posts. 

Edited by Bluespunk

50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you mean with "now to try and make the wrong right"?

The wrong being the rape, the right being going to prison to do time for his crimes, rape, i.e. if there is evidence and he is convicted of such crimes.

52 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do they really expect that the alleged rapist will be sentenced now because they also claim they were abused or raped 10 years ago?

If the evidence is there an there is enough to convict for the violation, hell YES.

53 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Or do they think if only enough women say something happened then we all should believe that it happened? I mean: Maybe it did happen. But just the fact that some women say it happened many years ago is no prof that it happened. And as we all know many women all over the world who accuse men after many years want compensation. That is obviously a big motivation to "remember" what happened long time ago.

As far as I recall, Thailand has defamation laws, so for these women to be making it all up could be detrimental unless they have enough evidence for a conviction, that said, if they were violated, why not compensate them, if it hits him where it hurts, i.e. in the pocket plus jail time, go for it. The fact that women all around the world as you suggest accuse men after many years want compensation, well it's up to the courts to determine if there is enough evidence to convict, and if there isn't he walks and can then turn around and sue for deformation, I suppose ?

57 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And if we assume for a moment that everybody is innocent until proven guilty: Do these women really expect that the accused still remembers in detail what he did 10 years ago?

That doesn't mean he did it or didn't do it. But we all forget events. And we forget details after days. Nobody remembers all the details after many years.

Are you suggesting that the guy who is alleged to have committed these crimes remembers what transpired 10 years ago, well if it's any consolation to you, I am 62 and can remember every single women I had consensual sex with, I remember where I was, and whether they were Westerners or Thai, last count was 34, not something to brag about, but I can also remember about the equal amount that I had opportunities to sleep with consensually but passed on it for various reasons, do I kick myself, in case your wondering, sure for some of them, but not others.

The above said, I do have trouble remembering what I got up for and walked to an area in my house often to get something and forget what the heck I got up for, but to answer your question, I can remember, so if I can remember who I had sex with, where it was and who it was with going back decades to current, so can he.

Perhaps you should try and recall who you had sex with and see how far back your mind can go. 

41 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

It is pretty obvious that the women were too scared to report the assaults because their attacker was well connected from a prominent family and they didn't have the money to pay for expensive lawyers or bribe police and prosectors. Plus the fact that police investigators are nearly all male and are prejudiced against female rape victims.  It takes a great deal of courage for young woman to file a complaint against someone like that and they have to take the risk of being accused of being a slut and/or lying to extract cash.  It is perfectly understandable that they should just try to pick themselves up and get on with their lives as best they can remaining anonymous.  But when Anna Vidyaphum decided to file charges against him, many victims must have thought that they would get proper support, given the unlimited resources of her husband from the Noble property family.  The accused has finally come up against a victim with a lot more cash than him.

For you maybe obvious, but not for me...It is a strange fact that suddenly 14 have the same reasons NOT to fail a complaint in all these years ...Same as for #metoo too.. Everybody is suddenly attack, abused, raped and God knows what more.... Everyone wants to jump the bandwagon... Believe me a lot of victims.... are no victims, but the law is at the side of women

• Like 1