90 Days on Arrival for Tourist?

Is it true there is a visa option coming for tourists for 90 days on arrival? My wife claims she saw something about this on a Thai news website. 

I am coming to visit in early June for 10 weeks, so I need a visa which will give me more than 60 days stay. What options have I go?

Unfortunately in my country, Ireland, there is no Thai embassy & I think the previous Thai Consul office is not open any more, so this limits access to options and I am not going to send personal documents to the Thai embassy in the UK for a Non-O tourist visa (way too risky).

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Tourist Visa gives you a 60 day stamp.

That can be extended by 30 days.

Perhaps that's where your confusion arose. 

Is your wife Thai national.

After you arrive you can obtain 60 day extension to visit wife.

That's after the 30 extension to your tourist visa.

How long do you wish to stay?

Is that a 60 Day Stamp on arrival from immigration? No need to apply in advance?
So then do 30 day extension at Immigration in Jonteim?
Yes wife is Thai National as is our kids but all live here in Ireland, so we'll be visiting for the summer and will stay a total of 68 days. 
Thanks! 

1 hour ago, DogNo1 said:

But the 60-day visa exempt stamp is!

There is not 60 day visa exempt entry. Most people get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

There are some visa exempt entries under bilateral agreements that are for 90 days.

image.png.837b4a9427ac01a4e61a03a659fe3f6f.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TomMc said:

Is that a 60 Day Stamp on arrival from immigration? No need to apply in advance?
So then do 30 day extension at Immigration in Jonteim?
Yes wife is Thai National as is our kids but all live here in Ireland, so we'll be visiting for the summer and will stay a total of 68 days. 
Thanks! 

If Ireland is like Australia; You apply at home - you get a 60 day visa if you stipulate that on application with Thai consulate in Ireland. Visa issued before you leave Ireland (in Oz - Sydney Consulate it takes about 1 month for the passport's to be returned to you). You arrive, and while here apply for the 30 days extension to take you past your 68 day length of holiday.

11 hours ago, RedArmy said:

There is no 90 days Tourist Visa.

Tell the wife to stop watching Thai news websites & trying to confuse you further.

If my memory serves me correctly, at the beginning of the pandemic where arrivals were required to quarantine for 14 days the usual 60 day tourist visa became a 90 day visa.  I heard about it but not sure if it was ever implemented.

2 minutes ago, statman78 said:

If my memory serves me correctly, at the beginning of the pandemic where arrivals were required to quarantine for 14 days the usual 60 day tourist visa became a 90 day visa.  I heard about it but not sure if it was ever implemented.

30 day visa exempt was extended to 45 days.

I'm pretty sure there was no change made to the 60 day single entry tourist visa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I'm pretty sure there was no change made to the 60 day single entry tourist visa.

Correct.

The "bonus" 15 days was added to visa exempt entry.

No added days to tourist visa entry.

Think the 15 day bonus ended Sept last year? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Think the 15 day bonus ended Sept last year? 

I booked a 45 day return flight for October 12th to accommodate my visa exempt entry - This went back to 30 days on 1st October - Sent me into a right tizzy - Changed my return flight to within 30 days free of charge no problems - Flight not used anyway.

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

- Changed my return flight to within 30 days free of charge no problems - Flight not used anyway

So that return flight is a throw away?

Keep in mind that any onward flight has you covered, does not need to be return. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So that return flight is a throw away?

Keep in mind that any onward flight has you covered, does not need to be return. 

I understand this now.

It was not a throw away ticket.

It was actually cheaper to buy a return ticket than a single ticket to Thailand.

7 minutes ago, BritTim said:

In person and postal applications are no longer possible. You now must do everything electronically (which is easier anyway).

Ideal, that simple comment should solve the OP's problems.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

After you arrive you can obtain 60 day extension to visit wife.

That's after the 30 extension to your tourist visa.

No, you cannot extend by both 30 days and 60 days ... you have to choose one or the other.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, judokrab said:

No, you cannot extend by both 30 days and 60 days ... you have to choose one or the other.

Incorrect. 

Entry with visa exempt or tourist visa can be extended by 30 days.

In addition if married you can obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife. 

Edited by DrJack54