Electric Vehicles in Thailand

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Maybe but can you back those points up with facts? If not it is purely an opinion.

Already stated above, his vids have been debunked before :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Pib said:

If must be some type of "sales/bookings" numbers that AutoLife collects (dreams up) somehow vs actual govt DLT "registrations" (i.e, sale done with blue book issued). 

I looked back thru some older Autolife articles and apparently they issue articles based on "sales" numbers (lord know how they come up with those numbers and if maybe it includes just bookings vs actual completed sales)...and articles based on DLT registrations where it's clear in the article its based on DLT "registrations."    Like below Feb 2024 article based on registration ...notice not even "one" Suzuki Ciaz is reflected for Jan or Feb 2024 although actual DLT registration data does reflect a couple dozen being registered for each of those months. 

Any "sales" data from AutoLife I would take with a planet size grain of salt since they have never explained what constitutes a sale and where they get the sales data.  Now their articles based on registrations which come from the DLT and represent an actual completed sale with blue book issued seem to be at least in the ballpark.   

https://autolifethailand.tv/register-ev-bev-thailand-Feb-2024/

image.png.033064ea0ba188e09720d612e6f40220.png

DLT figures for Suzuki all models for 

January 2024 are 799 registrations ( December Sales)

February 2024 registrations 764 (January Sales)

March 2024 registrations 567 (February Sales)

This article dated April 8th 2024

states that  Suzuki

This resulted in the past March 2024 amid intense competition. Suzuki was able to sell 1,004 units, growing more than 50% compared to sales last month (Feb. 2024 sales totaled 505 units).

https://www.thairath.co.th/news/auto/news/2776849

Brands might choose to report their sales figures to Autolifethailand rather than waiting for the DLT registrations reporting which normally happens 30 days later

VinFast prepares to sell EV cars without batteries to reduce initial costs

Hana Wu, CEO of VinFast Auto (Thailand) or VinFast, said the company is preparing to launch electric vehicle battery services in the membership system. VinFast will sell cars that are not equipped with batteries. And car buyers can lease batteries for a monthly fee.

https://autolifethailand.tv/vinfast-battery-ev/

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

If you are going to base your purchasing decision on the basis of misleading information and outright lies, then I suggest an EV might be too technologically advanced for you. The relatively simple step of depressing the brake pedal before pushing the start button might be too complicated.

Spoken like a true EV owner.........🥴............:coffee1:

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, transam said:

Spoken like a true EV owner.........🥴............:coffee1:

I’m just trying to be helpful and giving good advice. Wouldn’t want him to be stranded on the motorway because he filled his car with diesel instead of electrons. You might also do well to heed some of the advice posted by others.

P/s: I own an ICEV as well…

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

I’m just trying to be helpful and giving good advice. Wouldn’t want him to be stranded on the motorway because he filled his car with diesel instead of electrons. You might also do well to heed some of the advice posted by others.

P/s: I own an ICEV as well…

But you go off on a tangent trying to "belittle", hence my post...:ermm:

Besides, you are not the be-all and end-all on the subject.....:coffee1:

• Confused 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

But you go off on a tangent trying to "belittle", hence my post...:ermm:

Besides, you are not the be-all and end-all on the subject.....:coffee1:

@josephbloggs put it better than I ever could. And if I’m not mistaken, he isn’t an EV owner, yet.

By the way, what’s with all the emojis? Practically every one of your posts contains at least one.

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

@josephbloggs put it better than I ever could. And if I’m not mistaken, he isn’t an EV owner, yet.

By the way, what’s with all the emojis? Practically every one of your posts contains at least one.

Who's josephbloggs.......🤔

Emojis are part of my mouse, great fun, shows an added meaning to a sentence, it avoids confusion for those who are generally confused......🤭

• Confused 5

43 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

But come on, if you post a video that claims that a petrol car that's on fire after it smashed into a heavy lorry and a movie clip of an exploding car are Chinese EVs randomly catching fire / exploding saying :"this will make you think twice" then you deserve to be belittled. Watching an obviously and ridiculously fake video makes him think twice about Chinese EVs but he's not capable of thinking twice before posting it, or doing even the slightest bit of research.

Anyone with two brain cells can see they are fake and that the YouTube guy only posts fake anti China stuff now matter how outlandish it may be.

In the opening sequence of the video  it mentions a Chinese car with a broken axle in Malaysia

Chery Malaysia recalls 600 units of Omoda 5 over potential axle issue – rear beam to be replaced

Chery Malaysia has issued a precautionary safety recall on 600 units of the Omoda 5 over a potential axle issue. This comes following a viral social media post where a customer’s Omoda 5 apparently had its rear axle detach from the vehicle while driving.

https://paultan.org/2024/04/30/chery-malaysia-recalls-600-units-of-omoda-5-over-potential-axle-issue-to-be-replaced-with-new-parts/

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Who's josephbloggs.......🤔

Emojis are part of my mouse, great fun, shows an added meaning to a sentence, it avoids confusion for those who are generally confused......🤭

Is that so? I always thought you were one of the more confused posters…

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Is that so? I always thought you were one of the more confused posters…

A confused member would.........🤗

• Confused 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Or it makes you look like a Prat, guess which of those two I think?

Talking of prat, how are you today, all charged up, ready to go.........:guitar:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Talking of prat, how are you today, all charged up, ready to go.........:guitar:

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that, I’ve had my morning coffee, all systems go (ish)

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that, I’ve had my morning coffee, all systems go (ish)

Great..............:intheclub:

On 5/1/2024 at 10:30 AM, Pib said:

When reviewing the DLT data for Jan-Mar 2024 (2567) (I downloaded it again today....it only shows 28 CIaz's being registered in March 2024 vs the 592 shown in above article.   I wonder which data is out in left field/incorrect.   I know Suzuki had a promotion for the Ciaz (just like many brands has big promotions going on), but going from 6 sold in Feb to 592 sold in Mar sounds dubious to me

image.png.2b76b946da1bbb87c40932229753751d.png

image.png.27da6270de296eee359b79e8bb809440.png

@ExpatOilWorker

And here is the Apr 2024 DLT registration data for the Suzuki Ciaz you asked about. 547 total Suzuki models registered in April with 147 of that total being their Ciaz model (predominately the Ciaz GL CVT model which is probably the model that had the BIG price cut/promotion a month or so ago).

image.png.cca3c0c2885222e613872b8829ef1153.png

11 minutes ago, Pib said:

@ExpatOilWorker

And here is the Apr 2024 DLT registration data for the Suzuki Ciaz you asked about. 547 total Suzuki models registered in April with 147 of that total being their Ciaz model (predominately the Ciaz GL CVT model which is probably the model that had the BIG price cut/promotion a month or so ago).

Well that's reassuring, as there aren't that many stupid, financially challenged folks here.  For the same or spring for a little extra, and you can have the Neta V, and save money every time you drive past the local petrol station.   And avoid all those oil changes & tune ups :coffee1:

image.png.3c9c50207021331de4eadc61cb983ed8.png

9 hours ago, Pib said:

@ExpatOilWorker

Thanks @Pib.

Steep discounts do work and as EV factories start production in a falling car market, Thailand will have a significant production over capacity. I think we will see a lot more discounts from ICE manufacturers going forward. Suzuki already cut 51k off the Celerio price. Maybe @transam is in the market for an upgrade?

147 registrations in April out of 592 sales in March, we might still see some of those sales as registrations in May.

Any change you can find the January number, just to get a full data set?

Ciaz 2024 Registrations:

January: 

February: 26

March: 28

April: 147

Screenshot_20240503_050454_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Total EV registrations for April 2024 3,997 

20.08% reduction from March 2024 figures of 5,001

Deepal  S07 numbers are 754

https://www.car250.com/th-2024-04-11-3.html

Total  registrations for April 2024 38,022

https://www.car250.com/th-2024-04-11.html

Thanks to 175 EV buyers @JBChiangRai's cambit with destiny paid off and the grim reaper walks away empty handed (Last years claim: We will never see 3 consecutive months of y-o-y falling EV registrations in his lifetime).

I have added the 2022 numbers, look how small they are. The EV revolution really started in 2023.

Screenshot_20240503_044135_Chart Maker.jpg

• Thanks 1