Electric Vehicles in Thailand

55 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

I wasted an afternoon in BKK looking for the Tesla Store, which is even to this day still recorded on the official website as at Siam Paragon

IMG_1647.jpeg.d0b597da05e589c67e85785eac2cd11c.jpeg

instead of  7/1 Ramkhamhaeng Rd, Khwaeng Saphan Sung, Khet Saphan Sung, Bangkok 10240. 

IMG_1648.thumb.jpeg.357424919b94108a70bdfafc955cc6d0.jpeg

Good job Tesla  - have only one physical store in whole country of Thailand and make sure your official website sends people to a random shopping center instead. 

They have cars on display at Siam Paragon 

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

They have cars on display at Siam Paragon 

Not when I visited about a year ago.

According to staff there Siam Paragon did have Teslas on display but they removed when Tesla got it’s own store.

Tesla just didn’t bother to update their website.

19 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Think he's just trying to give you a heads up, and quite the courtesy.   May take his advice and you wouldn't come off as completely ignorant, arrogant, or simply a troll.

Could have simply reported all your posts as 'off topic' and had them removed ...

.... hmm ... actually not a bad idea in the future.

So you may want to actually join the discussion, or leave the discussion.   But attempting to disrupt or troll the discussion doesn't shine well on you.

Just a thought

Let me get right on that!  The discussion is about EV's of which every post has been about EV's.  Not sure what you're on about, but I was simply pointing out some of the negatives to all the rose coloured glass wearing EV loving posters.  But go ahead, drive around in your Chinese EV, doesn't bother me a bit.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

Plenty of folks who are interested in learning about EVs, myself included, have come on here and learned loads. Some however come on merely to troll Personally, I love a good troll but some posters are so incompetent as to try it with false information, making themselves look foolish and ridiculous in the process and then digging even deeper when called out. Sound familiar?

"Sound familiar", not really, there is more "we are better, know more than you" from EV owners, well, that's how I see it.....🤗

But, please carry on......😋

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Plenty of folks who are interested in learning about EVs, myself included, have come on here and learned loads. Some however come on merely to troll Personally, I love a good troll but some posters are so incompetent as to try it with false information, making themselves look foolish and ridiculous in the process and then digging even deeper when called out. Sound familiar?

Trolling 🧌 is just ridiculous and such a waste of people's time. That said, ICEV can still match EVs in weight/horsepower ratio, so as a open minded consumer it is a difficult choice when shopping for a new car. It is important we keep the debate open.

Screenshot_20240507_122807_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, HighPriority said:

But please, feel free to enlighten the ev owners about ev, I’m sure they appreciate your insightful experience… 🤦🏼‍♂️

Not me, that's why I ask questions, and most certainly not high-priority......

The EV-ers don't want to answer questions, because they think there are no questions to answer, their ride is the bast thing since sliced bread, which I doubt it is, and for sure I will not hear of any EV problems here.....🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Not me, that's why I ask questions, and most certainly not high-priority......

The EV-ers don't want to answer questions, because they think there are no questions to answer, their ride is the bast thing since sliced bread, which I doubt it is, and for sure I will not hear of any EV problems here.....🤔

I don’t agree with that but I can see a parallel with Trannies and their own voice… 🥰🥰

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

I don’t agree with that but I can see a parallel with Trannies and their own voice… 🥰🥰

Still nothing then, what a surprise...🤔

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

One would be hard pressed to find anyone more condescending than the majority of EV owners here. 

Buy me one as a gift and I will  evaluate an appropriate  response to that spiel.

12 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Most discussions on AN have a lifespan of only a few days. No matter how interesting the discussion is they quickly get swamped by Trolls and Ultracrepidarians. The worst offenders seem to have opinions on every subject. 

Empty vessels make the most noise... Plato

Start a discussion about green technology or climate change and you bring out the haters. How many EV haters have we seen here that introduce themselves with the well worn phrase “I’m not an EV hater but…”

Having locked horns with quite a few over the years a common picture appears:

A rudimentary understanding of science, which leads to an inability to understand how new technology works. Due to an inability to follow the scientific method they are left with only one choice and that is to accept without question what their favorite media outlet says on the subject. 

Due to an extremely short spell in education they never had to submit research papers and so they have no familiarity with how citations work. They are not “standing on the shoulders of giants“ but simple regurgitating the popular phrases that they have heard and cannot defend them as they have no fundamental understanding of what they are saying.

”of course the future is H2, EVs will soon be gone”

challenging a comment like this or submitting evidence of closing H2 filling stations around the world is a waste of time when you dealing with a closed mind.

So that brings us to this discussion “Electric Vehicles in Thailand” at 6,400 comments it has more comments that any other discussion in the Thailand Motor Discussion achieved in only a couple of years.

Several failed attempts to start an EV discussion led @KhunLA to create the https://aseannow.com/topic/1246109-ice-vs-ev-the-debate-thread/ which meant we had a discussion that we could direct people to who wanted to discuss  EVs in general and it has proved to be a very popular discussion in it’s own right. There was already an anti-China car discussion  https://aseannow.com/topic/1235921-why-so-many-chinese-cars-mg-cars-do-people-only-care-to-buy-something-cheap-whatever-is-the-quality/ So we were able to create a very narrowly focussed discussion about EVs in Thailand.

IMG_1649.jpeg.0e90b4e8df34a56c9cefa5e6a6d2e898.jpeg

A big thanks to the Mods for deleting posts that try to hijack the thread.

EVs are popular in Thailand with nearly 11% of all vehicles registered in 2023 being full EVs and people want a discussion where they can find out the latest models and user experiences here in Thailand.

I know people see “EVs” and just want to launch into a tirade of vitriol, but expect to be challenged and suffer criticism if you post anything stupid. Off-topic posts will be reported and removed. 

As OP I will quickly block the worst offenders as I am done arguing with fools. 

Is that a sample  from "Paid Propaganda Central" ?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Your condescending jibes and attacks on personalities you do not even know are notorious across many forum sites due to the insidious efforts to emulate a persona similar to Boris J and Don the Dump.

Your best efforts are  approximately  equivalent to the best ICE powered vehicle at less than 50%.

In serious developmental terms EV vehicles are comparatively at about Model A stage mostly  in terms of  battery recharge capacity vs time/vs safety. That is due to the vested interest of corporate  petrochem interests determined to not relinquish the monopoly of both transport energies and established vehicle brands.

In my younger years i can and do not  deny I enjoyed the adrenaline rush derived from a (seriously  modified) but  genuinely impractical vehicle which by comparison to contemporary  production  units from Japan were quite pathetic.

Power to weight  ratios were touted  as some sort of  formula.

Then un-sprung  weight  related to traction control ! Then the energy crisis !  OMG !  Fuel prices  doubled.  People still had to  travel !  Extorted ....again ! 

It has never stopped. !

Motor  racing is at least as popular as ever. Same for "sports" in stadiums payed for by taxpayers but demand an exorbitant  entry  fee to witness  corporate playboys and girls  strut their  stuff ?Kick the ball?

\

Do you  feel no pain Sam? OH ! 

I gave you a "laugh", that read like you are bored and have nothing else better to do.........🤭

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Begs the question - why is the elegant function called 'ignore' not on speed dial with the regulars? It's almost tranquil in here after a number of low IQ posters are filtered out........!

When we went to the zoo as kids, or parents were adamant to never feed the trolls - it's still sage advise 50 years later.  🤣😂

You had trolls at your zoo as a kid? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Hello 👋 DC. Are these three Big Americans in the room with us now?

Ford, yes, GM long gone and Chrysler first went to Fiat and are now just a part of Stellantis.

Screenshot_20240510_053339_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240510_052847_Chrome.jpg

When it comes to pick ups, Isuzu outsells Toyota consistently.  Could be because the Thai govt seems to like Isuzu over Toyota.

image.png.09cf01196b7daddf31adceb71e15adca.png

image.png.8178864715468a4c69fd1928ae86e975.png

Not a good year for ICEV sales.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1