Electric Vehicles in Thailand

Damn ... that was a classic & the reply ... oh well

"Bob's Your Uncle"

Toyota finally getting smart.  They should just give the EV department over to their Daihatsu division/partner, let them build 'em ... :cheesy: 

OK, joking aside, maybe just give them to Ranz to build, or not.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

You never see these signs at an EV charging station.  They just don't get it do they!

Gasstationsafetysigns.jpg.d09d0843611cc3460cce0e7fb0d8678d.jpg

Different fuel type, but do they have signs for EV's near water, like a Ford....?  🤗

Edited by transam
  • Confused 5

54 minutes ago, CharlesHolzhauer said:

Tesla has a history of rapidly adjusting prices to match market conditions almost everywhere, except in Thailand. The only price adjustment here for the model 3 came a week after the launch of the BYD Seal which at launch sold more cars in a week than Tesla had sold model 3s in the whole year. 

RWD Model 3 in Aus was ฿1,424,995 now is ฿1,328,325 way cheaper than in Thailand

IMG_1705.thumb.jpeg.0fc3c28200570310625d0c41a3ef2a8c.jpeg

The BYD Seal AWD Performance is a ฿100k cheaper than the RWD Tesla in Thailand before the extras that you have to pay with Teslas: Paint, Wheels, Wall Charger, insurance etc. and you don’t get bi-directional charging as you do on BYDs

IMG_1703.thumb.jpeg.8c41139f81c9a38a8c66730f41848402.jpeg

IMG_1704.thumb.jpeg.adb93dc050acd65fbd09513f99ce7016.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

You never see these signs at an EV charging station.  They just don't get it do they!

Gasstationsafetysigns.jpg.d09d0843611cc3460cce0e7fb0d8678d.jpg

It is early days on this path into the unknown, so lets take a peek into the crystal ball and create a sign for the EV fuelling stations.

sign07784.thumb.jpg.4f22b5d1df10252fbe722e4ada5b30aa.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, CharlesHolzhauer said:

I think it has more to do with fear of retaliation. Same for the German car companies, they are adamant not to introduce tariffs as their main business is in China. Conversely, the French would love to have tariffs in Europe as they would be able to kill to birds with one stone - damage the German's business in China, and protect their fledgling EV business in Europe.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

Here's a map of charging points for Thailand. I'm not sure what you mean by "national network" but this looks pretty much nationwide to me.

Screenshot_2022_0422_113651.png

If of course you live away from the main highway or not in a bigger city, as many people do, then the charging coverage is not so great nationally. It may take several years and require a huge investment to upgrade the PEA national network before it can be said to be truly nationwide.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Does this count as a leccy vehicle?

The family's new run-a-bout.

sagas.png.c95b7deae2ea39754eea8e3cec257df9.pngsaga.png.06dde7f5081bc9e47704d0c7312e88aa.png

2 hours to full charge; from zero

0 to 35kmph in 4 seconds

70km range

400 kg pay load.

The nuts.

What is the battery chemistry?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

sagas.png.c95b7deae2ea39754eea8e3cec257df9.pngsaga.png.06dde7f5081bc9e47704d0c7312e88aa.png

0 to 35kmph in 4 seconds

70km range

400 kg pay load.

The nuts.

Have you thought about a spare battery ready and charged Owl ??

Here’s how it is done in Taiwan :

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

0 to 35kmph in 4 seconds

70km range

400 kg pay load.

The nuts.

I looked at something similar earlier this week in Kamphaeng Phet but the model had a roof to keep most of the sun and rain off.

The big problem for me is that the seat the lady is sitting on can be turned around and folded flat to allow the main seat to be moved. Sadly that seat has 2 positions.

Where it is now, you need long arms and legs to sit comfortably.

In the forward position, it is too close for driving comfortably.

There are NO intermediate seat adjustments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Many people are under the misapprehension that they need charging stations near their home, with a home charger the nearest you will ever need a charging station is 150km away.

You keep repeating the same old mantra.

Why would you buy an EV and have to charge it 150km or less away, when you should be able to charge it close to or at your own home? You are wasting your time, your charge  and your money, when all you need to do when you get home is plug your EV in and charge it up.

Is charging it at a public charging station cheaper than charging at home? When you charge it at home you are free to do things that you want to do, and not hang about waiting for your EV to be charged up, that is assuming that there is an empty charging slot available, just like the one at your home.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Seems like you didn’t understand the post you quoted.

If you have a home charger you don’t need any chargers near your home and only if you travel further afield will you need a charger.

I have an EV and a home charger, the nearest outside charger i have used is around 200 km away.

But I DO understand the post I quoted.

The big problem is that the PEA and the MEA network is not strong enough to support many thousands of EV being charged at home without a major upgrade and overhaul.

From what I have read extra power stations will be needed. The 3 phase and single phase transformers are mostly old and have problems keeping up with current needs and many will need replacing with larger items to satisfy future demands, and all of this really is needed before a huge increase in EVs hits the roads.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Seems like you didn’t understand the post you quoted.

If you have a home charger you don’t need any chargers near your home and only if you travel further afield will you need a charger.

I have an EV and a home charger, the nearest outside charger i have used is around 200 km away.

So if your home charger has a problem, you are stuck.......?   🤔

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But I DO understand the post I quoted.

The big problem is that the PEA and the MEA network is not strong enough to support many thousands of EV being charged at home without a major upgrade and overhaul.

From what I have read extra power stations will be needed. The 3 phase and single phase transformers are mostly old and have problems keeping up with current needs and many will need replacing with larger items to satisfy future demands, and all of this really is needed before a huge increase in EVs hits the roads.

But that's not what you said, you now mention the energy grid not being able to cope.

The average EV uses 4kwHr of energy per day, it is not difficult for the grid to cope with that and the grid will probably be enhanced at a faster rate than uptake of EV's.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

If your fuel pump breaks you are stuck.  If there is an alien invasion you are stuck, any more useless comments Troll?

How often does fuel pump break........🙄............😂

I asked a simple question that you cannot answer, so why did you reply to anothers question.

As for troll, that is really scrapping your barrel...🥴

I keep reading here that charge stations are everywhere, which obviously isn't the case because a member has clarified.

So, if you are unfortunate enough to be one of those who is not near a charge station, and your home rig developed a problem, what do you do...?

Sensible answers only, please....🤗

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

A fuel pump breaks much more often than an EV charger, mechanical devices always do.

I have yet to see a comment from you which is not trolling, I live in hope.

That is laughable, why don't you just answer the question instead of making MORE excuses..........🙄

Why is my question, trolling, go for it.....🤨