Electric Vehicles in Thailand

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

Actually for the Atto and Dolphin the bottom half battery pack pointing towards the road surface is metal and the upper half is plastic.   The free Rat Guard modification consisting of metals shields on the battery front and anti-critters rubber coating around all the  plastic cover sides takes about an hour to install at a BYD dealership.

Its a shame that they are unable to fit the free Rat Guard modification as I have read of owners that have taken delivery of the vehicle and were booked in 2 months later for the  free Rat Guard modification and guess what the rats didn't wait 2 months

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Do you have to ask for the Rat Guard, or do they install without the need to ask.  Have to tell my daughter to take a peek under the car.  She's only had it a couple months.

You need to ask/make an appt.  Installation and parts is free and only takes about an hour.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yodarapper said:

Thanks everyone! Lots of useful information! I don’t want to look at second hand as I want to finance. 
thanks for the recommendation of the mg ZS ev - I can’t find it at that price?

1. Questions about this model - someone said it’s going to be phased out, is this bad? Is there already a new model?

2. Would the Atto3 be a better option?

3. We also looked at the M6 which is a full electric mpv and that looked nice too!

4. Has anyone seen or read anything about the sealio ? It was real nice to drive and hybrid but can only do 90km on ev.

I just saw the BYD M6 at my local mall, it is a nice car and a six seater which would fit in perfectly with your needs ( normally 4 but occasionally 6 people ).

The rear row folds down to make a good sized luggage storage area.