Chang Beer Now 4.8%

drmal

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are the first to mention drinking "on a daily basis" .

We are also talking about alcohol content, rather than the cost .

If anyone just wanted to get drunk for the cheapest price , they wouldn't be drinking beer .

If you don't want to get drunk, why don't you drink non alcoholic drinks ?

We where talking about beer, as the thread headline refers to that. After a lot of posters have mentioned a lot of bad and cheap quality beers. Also Chang, as the thread concerns, is one of the cheapest. Here I must also remind you of that you posted drinking for get drunk. Sorry, but that usually what people with problems regarding alcohol does. Also something that leads to drinking on a daily basis. Now, don´t bother about this no more, you are losing out on your getting drunk time. 

5 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

We where talking about beer, as the thread headline refers to that. After a lot of posters have mentioned a lot of bad and cheap quality beers. Also Chang, as the thread concerns, is one of the cheapest. Here I must also remind you of that you posted drinking for get drunk. Sorry, but that usually what people with problems regarding alcohol does. Also something that leads to drinking on a daily basis. Now, don´t bother about this no more, you are losing out on your getting drunk time. 

If you don't want to get drunk when you drink beer , then why don't you drink non alcoholic drinks ?

You keep suggesting that other people have problems with their drinking , but you are pretending that you only drink because you like the taste .

People have stated in this thread that they prefer low percentage beer for the reason they can have a longer drinking session and consume more beer , I prefer strong beer and so I don't have to drink as much as weaker beer .

I prefer not to have all day drinking sessions on weak beer  , I prefer just a few strong beers in the evening 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If you don't want to get drunk when you drink beer , then why don't you drink non alcoholic drinks ?

You keep suggesting that other people have problems with their drinking , but you are pretending that you only drink because you like the taste .

People have stated in this thread that they prefer low percentage beer for the reason they can have a longer drinking session and consume more beer , I prefer strong beer and so I don't have to drink as much as weaker beer .

I prefer not to have all day drinking sessions on weak beer  , I prefer just a few strong beers in the evening 

Yes, I drink because I like what I drink, and don´t ever come and say that non-alcoholic beverages have the same taste. That is soo far out that it´s ridiculous. As you seem to continue to focus on drinking a few strong beer for the reason to get drunk quicker. Then I assume you will not be able to relate to why I drink. However, I will explain it. 

There is one reason that I on occasion wish to relax with maybe 2 bottles of beer after a week of work or maybe even a Wednesday. At other occasions I take a glass of wine for food. Sometimes it´s a party and of course I get drunk from time to time, but it´s not my general goal.

Now we can end it there, as our ideas about drinking differs too much. Means in reality, that I go back to work and you look for the next strong hit the beer can give you. Have a great Sunday.

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Now we can end it there, as our ideas about drinking differs too much. Means in reality, that I go back to work and you look for the next strong hit the beer can give you. Have a great Sunday.

Do stop making these false allegations . 

I never drink in the day time and have never missed a days work due to being hungover . 

Interesting that you keep implying that others have a drinking problem and you seem to regards getting drunk as one of the annoying things about drinking beer  .

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2022 at 9:49 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you put ice cubes into your small bottle of Leo light ?

Yes but fair play, the straw gets him proper wrecked, and the paper parasol makes sure nobody at the bar drinks from his glass in error.

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It barely matters. The quality is so low. Thai beer is only rivaled by Serbian beer, and the mass produced American beers, in terms of the very low quality. Poor grade of hops, barley, and the production process seems to be entirely lacking in pride. Typical of the big monopolies. Even a large production beer, like Beer Laos blows away any Thai beer, hands down. Thailand desperately needs a vital craft beer movement, and the youth are ready to mount it. If only the dinosaurs would stop protecting their "bankers" and move out of the way. In other words, allow some progress, you mindless simpletons! 

Beer Lao (both of them) are outstanding for an Asian brew. 

They tax it because they are consistently corrupt of course, and they also know half of Thailand would switch forever if it was priced fairly. 

So much for ASEAN frictionless trade. ????

Returning to NZ I was astonished to find a handful of well known German beers selling at least a dollar cheaper than the excellent and abundant local beers.

One could drink a different local beer every day in NZ and never check the entire list. 

Incredibly, there are just five million of us on a good day, and how many are not drinkers, or underage?

Yet the options are staggering and superb.

But what else could one expect from the world's least corrupt country?

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

They tax it because they are consistently corrupt of course,

I think alcohol in beer is taxed in most, if not all, countries. Thailand is not corrupt because it does that.

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I think alcohol in beer is taxed in most, if not all, countries. Thailand is not corrupt because it does that.

You are correct that is the reason I stopped drinking beer and switched to red wine because wine is taxed less than beer (of course not in LOS) I can buy a cask of decend red wine (5lt) for just 350 baht but I am not in LOS at the moment.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:40 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Tappers 6.4 % 

53 Baht from 7/11

Yes, Tappers is the way to go! 6.5% and tastes like a real beer. And you can't beat the price. Cheaper than Heineken. Taste wise reminds me of Calsberg Sort Guld (Black Gold), one of my favorites.

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do stop making these false allegations . 

I never drink in the day time and have never missed a days work due to being hungover . 

Interesting that you keep implying that others have a drinking problem and you seem to regards getting drunk as one of the annoying things about drinking beer  .

Yeah, and interesting that you are so eager to continue the conversation. It´s evening now. Go get your trip.

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Nope , not evening  , nearly half past 2 in the afternoon 

Good for you. Clearly you have nothing to do, as you answer so quick every time. But, maybe you to your business/work at Thai Visa. ????

No have time with you no more. I actually have a family. By Mr. Beer 

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Good for you. Clearly you have nothing to do, as you answer so quick every time. But, maybe you to your business/work at Thai Visa. ????

No have time with you no more. I actually have a family. By Mr. Beer 

You do seem rather  thirsty, you keep going on about beer all the time .

I may grab myself a few cans tonight , rather weak 5 % beer at a cost of 35 Baht for a 500 ml can , can go wrong with that 

Coke is full of sugar and zero beers dont have much flavour. The German light beer I drink has good flavour. Best light beer Ive ever had. Plus you can drive after a few. 

4 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

You are correct that is the reason I stopped drinking beer and switched to red wine because wine is taxed less than beer (of course not in LOS) I can buy a cask of decend red wine (5lt) for just 350 baht but I am not in LOS at the moment.

Hofler $34 a case at Dan Murphys.

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It barely matters. The quality is so low. Thai beer is only rivaled by Serbian beer, and the mass produced American beers, in terms of the very low quality. Poor grade of hops, barley, and the production process seems to be entirely lacking in pride. Typical of the big monopolies. Even a large production beer, like Beer Laos blows away any Thai beer, hands down. Thailand desperately needs a vital craft beer movement, and the youth are ready to mount it. If only the dinosaurs would stop protecting their "bankers" and move out of the way. In other words, allow some progress, you mindless simpletons! 

Singha produces some craft beers

4 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Beer Lao (both of them) are outstanding for an Asian brew. 

They tax it because they are consistently corrupt of course, and they also know half of Thailand would switch forever if it was priced fairly. 

So much for ASEAN frictionless trade. ????

Returning to NZ I was astonished to find a handful of well known German beers selling at least a dollar cheaper than the excellent and abundant local beers.

One could drink a different local beer every day in NZ and never check the entire list. 

Incredibly, there are just five million of us on a good day, and how many are not drinkers, or underage?

Yet the options are staggering and superb.

But what else could one expect from the world's least corrupt country?

All imported beers are taxed in Thailand. Asahi is brewed.there so cheap and way better than Thai beers.

you keep going on about beer all the time

Hmmm.... you clearly need to read the headline. maybe that will give you a hint why. If that was helpful, let me know. ???? 

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Hmmm.... you clearly need to read the headline. maybe that will give you a hint why. If that was helpful, let me know. ???? 

don't worry about him he is cuddeling his tiger which he rescued from the jungle

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Its against forum rules to crop peoples posts and thus give the post a different meaning . 

• Haha 1