Boris Johnson - Fresh calls to resign after piss-ups in Downing Street - Partygate

george

50 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just my observations of life in the U.K , its all about Covid these days , the E.U is history and in the past 

The main issue right now, head and shoulders above everything else, is the cost of living crisis, inflation and rising poverty.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, baboon said:

So in other words you don't know what you are talking about, but not letting that get in your way.

Congratulations, you win the Asean Now ultracrepidarian of the year award...

again

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Everyone’s back to work, COVID is a background issue.

COVID is not driving up prices and poverty.

The U.K got itself into debt by giving money to people during Covid , this has caused inflation and higher taxes needed to get the money back and also higher gas and electric prices due to the Ukraine war .

The whole World is suffering similarly at the moment with food shortages , inflation and high energy prices  across the globe . 

You are just trying to blame Brexit  , as you would like the U.K to rejoin .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The U.K got itself into debt by giving money to people during Covid , this has caused inflation and higher taxes needed to get the money back and also higher gas and electric prices due to the Ukraine war .

The whole World is suffering similarly at the moment with food shortages , inflation and high energy prices  across the globe . 

You are just trying to blame Brexit  , as you would like the U.K to rejoin .

You’ve quoted my post, now can you point to the part that mentions ‘Brexit’?

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She was reported to the police, tge police investigated and then did not issue her a fine.

If there was evidence of a crime, the police didn’t find it.

Tge police did however find evidence of Johnson  remaking the law and they issued him a fine.

Untrue. They warned her. They would not warn her if they did not believe she had committed a crime. They would have simply ignored it. Much easier for them.

By the way, H is right next to G on that dusty old keyboard of yours. ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

In your opinion, what is causing the current problems in the U.K ?

There’s a whole nest of problems, I listed a few earlier in this thread, they have various causes but all share the same amplifying factor, mismanagement by a callous and incompetent government.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Untrue. They warned her. They would not warn her if they did not believe she had committed a crime. They would have simply ignored it. Much easier for them.

By the way, H is right next to G on that dusty old keyboard of yours. ????

Are you trying to suggest that they officially cautioned her?  If not, what is the legal mechanism for such a "warning".  Thanks if you can offer any further info.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It was a stupid rule...  But thats not the point. 

The point is that those very people responsible for said stupid rule didn’t abide by said stupid rule themselves, meanwhile others faces expensive fines for breaking said stupid rules. 

So, has everyone who didn't fully adhere to the lock-down rules, been removed from their jobs for breaking such rules ?

The people that face expensive fines are those people that organised mass public protests , rather than those have a glass of wine together with colleagues in private 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

^ Behind a paywall 

Sorry, I could access it from Google search. It may be different if it aggregates links from this forum. Anyway, attached one of the main facts. However, I must admit that it is maybe still a bit early to draw definitive conclusions.

https___d6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net_prod_7d1e8300-5db8-11ec-b025-23f410955a6b-standard.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Sorry, I could access it from Google search. It may be different if it aggregates links from this forum. Anyway, attached one of the main facts. However, I must admit that it is maybe still a bit early to draw definitive conclusions.

https___d6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net_prod_7d1e8300-5db8-11ec-b025-23f410955a6b-standard.png

The graph shows that the UK s economy suffered more during Covid and has also made a better recovery after Covid 

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s a whole nest of problems, I listed a few earlier in this thread, they have various causes but all share the same amplifying factor, mismanagement by a callous and incompetent government.

You forgot the 'corrupt', too.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

I just can't understand why he is not forced to resign. Every single pro lockdown politician that contributed to the Covid lockdowns, which tore society apart, and broke their own rules must resign. Very simple. Johnson, Starmer, Rayner, Sturgeon, all of them. Not just in the UK. Across the pond Pelosi famously visited a hair salon against her own rules, and even had a party where she was mask less. Cortez too, prancing around maskless in Florida. 

When these politicians break their own rules it totally undermines trust in government, the pandemic rules and their own parties credibility. It makes people question whether the pandemic was as serious as we were told. If they were held to account for their own actions I wonder if we would not have had lockdowns in the first place?

Generally, politicians look out for each other.  Probably because they know the shoe might be on the other foot at some point.  They will encourage someone to step down, but rarely is there anything bad enough a politician can do to trigger consequences.  Maybe if they do something that puts them in prison.

46 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The graph shows that the UK s economy suffered more during Covid and has also made a better recovery after Covid 

Ok. However, considering that UK and the EU were more or less at the same level pre-Covid, the total surface between the UK curve and the EU curve in 2020 and 2021 represents a significant cumulative loss of GDP for UK. Of course, it cannot be scientifically proven that it is attributable to Brexit. However, in the absence of another identifiable cause, it is a reasonable assumption.

Will the gap persist or will it be compensated by a higher growth? We don't know.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, candide said:

Ok. However, considering that UK and the EU were more or less at the same level pre-Covid, the total surface between the UK curve and the EU curve in 2020 and 2021 represents a significant cumulative loss of GDP for UK. Of course, it cannot be scientifically proven that it is attributable to Brexit. However, in the absence of another identifiable cause, it is a reasonable assumption.

Will the gap persist or will it be compensated by a higher growth? We don't know.

All Countries have fared differently .

Why did E.U Countries fare worse than the USA ?

Could be that the U.K had more severe lock down rules than some other E.U Countries and that effected the UK economy ? 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

you are correct in one sentence, I am from EU country as for the UK leaving the EU that makes me extremely happy  555   it reminds me somebody who thought the grass was greener on the other side

The UK already knew the grass is greener on the other side, we had already been there....????

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, baboon said:

It is certainly not my opinion. Just take a look online and see for yourself the woeful state of the UK.

I know as just spoke with some friends and previous business customers and their state of mind is not good

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

The number of deaths and now long covid (GF got long covid always tired) justified all these things. So I do believe in lockdowns.

So your gf took all the precautions and caught COVID anyway?

Or your gf is irresponsible and broke the rules?

It's gotta be one or the other!

When something doesn't work (lockdowns/vaccinations/masks) I tend to not believe in them any more.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When something doesn't work (lockdowns/vaccinations/masks) I tend to not believe in them any more.

How do you know they don't work? Just because some people still get infected? The science says that many more would have become infected without these precautions. References to the science provided many, many times previously.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You proud yourself on being smart, but your remarks are not that smart. Even with precautions you can catch covid. Precautions  lowers the risk they don't make thins 100% safe. Now if you want to prove that your smart and im wrong. Do show me where research says that precautions are 100% 

Next time try better Brit.... because this way you wont convince anyone your as smart as you say you are.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1