Govt Aims to Cut Traffic Deaths by Two-Thirds in Five Years

snoop1130

Just drove to Kachanaburi and back over the last 3 days. Not one Officer in sight on the actual roadways enforcing the wrong way riders etc.  The exception was for the one shooting radar right before a checkpoint, with traffic going the otherway flashing their lights to let folks know what lay ahead.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Snig27 said:

Why wait five years? There are dozens of things that could be done right now

This same useless government promised exactly this years ago

I have seen  nothing change in the 20 years that I been driving here. Thai people will not change their driving hobbits  in 5 years unless there are more police on the streets laying down the law.

More Police is NOT the answer, it will need to be a three pronged attack,

Enforcement utilising not only the POLICE BUT Insurance companies not paying out if a driver or vehicle is illegal for starters.

Education by using the power of the Media to advise warn and if necessary threaten drivers ofd the Law and failure to comply punishments.

Law changes regarding Insurance, Licences and Maintainance of vehicles, plus removing a Police OFFICERS POWERS OF DISCRETION ,  brake the law this is the fine, not a back hander. In other words remove the CORRUPTION part of enforcement. .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Time to enforce the laws....

Won't happen whilst there is such a corrupt RTP, sponsored by a corrupt government kept in place by the corrupt and depraved elite.

I'm assuming the reduction will be achieved by the usual effective methods - change the way you measure the figure. Only count deaths for white cars or something similar.

Immediate reduction of figures - party time...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government has set an ambitious goal of reducing road fatalities by nearly two-thirds within five years

Blah, blah, blah, blah .......2/3 rd's in five years, blah, blah, blah, blah.

They can't remember goals they set a month ago, never mind 5 years from now. Attention spans of a goldfish. ???? 

How are they gonna reduce these road fatality figures? Ask the boys in brown?!  LOL  Blah, blah, blah, f@@@ing blah. ???? 

I assume they have a plan (555) on how to achieve this target!!!

A good start would be a detailed analysis of the data.

I suspect the single biggest impact on the number of deaths (though not accidents) would be a strict ban on carrying dozens of people crammed into the back of small trucks with no chance of surviving a significant impact......though such a ban will never be introduced or enforced.