COVID to Become Communicable Disease under Surveillance

snoop1130

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

COVID to Become Communicable Disease under Surveillance

Yeah, but what year and how much more of the tourism industry will be destroyed forever first ? 

What that means is learn to suck it up!!!

I believe that only WHO can declare endemic status.  Pandemic definition states :- : occurring over a wide geographic area (such as multiple countries or continents) and typically affecting a significant proportion of the population

"How is a pandemic declared?

The World Health Organization (WHO) is responsible for declaring when a global pandemic is occurring. The WHO does this by monitoring outbreaks of a disease and taking advice from international health experts. Australia and other countries are, however, likely to take steps to reduce the impact of an pandemic before the WHO makes a formal declaration."  https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/what-is-a-pandemic

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

They can't stop destroying the economy with their rules, restrictions, flipflopping, controlling...

Economy is doing pretty good considering..... better than all the doom, gloom, debt, rising bills, shortages, energy crisis, chaotic airports etc etc back where I come from!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

"After his meeting with pubic health executives, Mr Anutin said that...the ministry supported the reopening of pubs, bars, karaoke shops and massage parlors"

Indeed, monitoring "pubic" health will be important once the massage parlors reopen ????

Edited by khunjeff

1 minute ago, khunjeff said:

"After his meeting with pubic health executives, Mr Anutin said that...the ministry supported the reopening of pubs, bars, karaoke shops and massage parlors"

Indeed, monitoring pubic health will be important once the massage parlors reopen ????

That there monkey pox will take off!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, timendres said:

They should consider only hospitalizations and deaths.

may I add, of fully vaccinated (not Sinovac one year ago) only

6 hours ago, timendres said:

Cases should be monitored, but not considered when setting policy.

8 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

This also begs the question of how many of the other hospitalizations we've heard about over the pandemic have been serious. I never knew a single person first or second hand that was hospitalized with COVID and was actually sick so as far as I can confirm in my real life it was always just a flu. Just saying.

Unfortunately I lost a friend to Covid about a month ago. Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.  He didn't take the best care of himself so I believe that had something to do with it, but it started with Covid.

Edited by HappyExpat57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1