Phuket: Masks back on amid Covid fears - huge flip-flop in first pilot area in Thailand after just one day

webfact

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It is apparently being enforced some reports of police stopping people on motorbikes w/o mask and being told they need to pay 20,000.  I would not mess around and wear one if you go to Phuket.

The thing is motor bike drivers wear a mask but don't wear a helmet. 

Wear a mask and preferable sunglasses to keep the wind out of your face, but a helmet makes your head to hot.

Good to see the doctors and virologists in ASEAN Now solving Thailand's problems and putting the blame where it belongs. Meanwhile in their own countries... Nada. Much higher rates than Thailand (understand that the figures here are probably wildly underreported).

After three shots I had a mild case in March. Today I found out my chauffeur has it. I tested negative but have to wait to test again. 

Meanwhile, the government insist on masks and not saying welcome everyone, give us your poor, your old and your diseases. Yes, they keep chopping and changing according to the reports they get but erring on the side of caution may avoid killing old people (and those with diabetes like me).

The economy is poor and instead of buying weapons maybe they could spend more on supporting poor people with our taxes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2022 at 4:12 PM, spidermike007 said:

Please, stop the nonsense. It is time for massive civil disobedience, but I do not see that happening, as the populace has been cowed into total submission. Good job Anutin. You scared them silly. It is getting to the point to utter stupidity, and a total lack of common sense. The other day I was in an outdoor restaurant, and there was an entire table of people wearing masks. As soon as the food arrives, they will not only be taking off their masks, but digging into the common area food with their own spoons, which they have already eaten with. The lack of science in this debate, and situation is stunning. It is really about keeping the people scared, at this time. Numbers continue to drop, standard cloth masks have limited effectiveness, wearing them outdoors is downright silly, and this ultra paranoid behavior has to stop. The government and goons like Anutin are largely responsible for an environment of fear at this stage of the game. This is about maintaining paranoia, control, and fear. After all, you would not want the people to get too comfortable. They might take to the streets again, and show their disdain for this thoroughly toxic, and nearly useless administration.

Being a lemming is not a desirable trait. We all know how minor the effect of a cloth mask is. Defy nonsense. Be disobedient. Defy stupidity and big brother's diabolical scare mongering nonsense, every chance you get. The new motto. "Come visit the land of cowards, where there are masks as far as the eye can see". Even outdoors. Even on motorbikes! Masks, and more masks everywhere. A recipe for a great vacation. Masks and reduced nightlife. Come and have some fun! Thailand is unique. We are one of the few nations left that asks you to wear a mask everywhere you go. And though we already said masks would be scrapped in two weeks, we had a one day spike, and since we are neither courageous nor do we practice common sense, we will keep wearing them for a year or more. Even outdoors. Even on the beach. I for one, will not be wearing a mask for much longer. This is getting ridiculous. Defy stupidity and oppression! Embrace science and common sense.

Right on brother.

I am suprised that "Monkey Pox" hasn't been added to the list here, even though, we actually have monkeys here. Not like the 1st world countries that is it supposedly infecting and not endemic to.

• Haha 1