TAT expects up to 10 million foreign tourists to visit Thailand this year

webfact

Just now, worrab said:

But as usual we have no idea of the breakdown of figures. How many are returning to families? How many are transiting to go onwards? I am off to UK end of June and returning end of July so am I included in this forecast? As everyone says, it is figures just plucked out of thin air with no basis in facts whatsoever.  

Always have counted numbers of arrivals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Flight prices seem to be ridiculous right now from many places, let's see how long that will remain an issue.

Many Western countries seem to expect that Covid will flare up again in winter, which is also hard to predict.

I'd be very careful with predictions, but then again, it's the TAT we're talking about. 

Yes, booking well in advance seems to be the only way around current high prices.

Covid will possibly flare up in winter as does the flu, and hopefully be nothing more to worry about.

Making predictions is what they do, likely all they do!

Edited by jacko45k

1 minute ago, actonion said:

Millions  visiting?   not if Anutin  has his way ...  covid rising again after entertainent venues opened, you will wear   a mask, evening entertaiment closes at midnight, police walking round checking, it seems an idea place for a relaxing holiday

Lest see how fast covid numbers rise  in uk after hundreds of thousands of people attended the 

It will be a hard sell to get drunk guys kicked out of the nightlife early to put masks on. 

UK seems to have given up reporting Covid. 

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

10 mio tourist generate 1.5 trillion baht, that means one tourist has to spend 150,000 baht, or 4,400 USD... This is so exaggerated, but then I realized that the TAT includes the value of one gold necklace donated per tourist in these numbers, so well done the TAT.

Pattaya has an impressive number of foreign tourists at the moment, but with Chinese people still unable to travel and impact of the Ukraine war, most of the foreign tourists are Indian men. That fits Thailand's stated focus on Indian tourists, but I seriously doubt they are spending anywhere near TAT's fantasy spend.

I think the only folks truly celebrating are the owners of Pattaya's Indian restaurants, although I've heard the soapy massage places are doing a slick bit of business these days too ????

Edited by Wuvu2
  • Like 2