Location (coffee shop) to work from

CanNot

Hello, 

I'm looking for a coffee shop suggestion where I can sit with my notebook for some hours and get some work done. Preferably in jomtien. 

Comfortable sitting and a quiet environment would be perfect. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

You want to take up space in a Thai shop for hours?? Let me guess, you want free wi-fi.....555.

Buy some chicken nuggets in Big C Extra's KFC for pitance then use their wi-fi to "work".

Other wise, pay a small amount and use the services of places like coworker;

https://www.coworker.com/thailand/pattaya

• Like 1

All you need to do is look at the various YouTubers vblogging from Thailand/Jontien/Pattaya or where ever else you are looking to leech from...  There are several very high profile channels which broadcast from establishments around town with no problems to connectivity...  (the same can be said about any country btw as the vblogger vermin are everywhere)...

Edited by Saddic
  • Like 1

I don't do it often but on the rare occasions when I take a laptop with me into Pattaya I have found that the Starbucks at the Bay on Pattaya beach and the Starbucks outside Central Marina on 2nd road both have nice upstairs area to work from

You can probably tell I prefer Starbucks coffee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CanNot said:

Hello, 

I'm looking for a coffee shop suggestion where I can sit with my notebook for some hours and get some work done. Preferably in jomtien. 

Do you also care about the coffee? Or does that not matter as long as you get a comfortable free seat and free WIFI?

I hope you are able to find somewhere where you can charge your device if your battery gets low. Owners don't mind a bit; you are making the place look busy after all; even if you are only spending peanuts over the course of a few hours.

• Confused 1

Large numbers of foreigners use coffee shops to work from, but not buying anything in Pattaya and by extension all over Thailand. Yet the only time I have read a complaint, was locals doing this at a Starbuck in Bangkok, was it 5 years back?! It's kind of like a secret. ????  & Who knew?

Good to keep my fingers on the pulse beat of the Kingdom, here at Asean Now.

10 hours ago, bbko said:

You want to take up space in a Thai shop for hours?? Let me guess, you want free wi-fi.....555.

Buy some chicken nuggets in Big C Extra's KFC for pitance then use their wi-fi to "work".

Other wise, pay a small amount and use the services of places like coworker;

https://www.coworker.com/thailand/pattaya

That's helpful, thanks for the pointer!

3 hours ago, James105 said:

Co&Caffee on Pratamnak Soi 4 is what you are looking for.   It has decent coffee and a co-working space upstairs with fast wi-fi so they won't mind if you sit there for hours as that is what they are offering.  

Thank you, will definitely go there and will try it out!

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you also care about the coffee? Or does that not matter as long as you get a comfortable free seat and free WIFI?

He has 4 friends from India.
They buy a large coke, some straws and use free internet for hoursssss 5555

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, CanNot said:

download.png

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Espanol said:

It's funny how much criticism there is here towards the idea of working a few hours in a Pattaya coffee shop. In Chiang Mai it is the most normal.

I recall the Starbucks in Harbour Mall, Laem Chabang always had the same faces sat there using the Wi-Fi based, on a coffee they had hours ago, (I used to shop at the then Tesco there). I believe they changed it so the free Wi-Fi with purchase had a time limit. Darned freeloaders.