Voices: From hero to zero: How did faith in Boris Johnson’s premiership crumble in less than three years?

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Very easy to understand, the choice was Boris or Teresa ............. so no choice at all really.

Same as the USA whose choice was Trump or Hillary ....... another no choice decision.

You mean Donald "One Term" Trump?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RayC said:

Right. Then there was a general election and a deal brokered by the current UK administration was agreed. Whose fault is it that the same UK administration is unable and/or unwilling to implement that agreement? Actually, that's a rhetorical question. I know the answer: Anyone but us.

I wonder if Balatelli has any of those 'Why always me?' T-shirts left? He could send a few to the UK cabinet.

We were talking about the Politicians taking four years to get Brexit done.

Are you  now  changing the subject to post Brexit , a different subject ? 

Have you stopped talking about getting Brexit done and are now talking about Ireland ?

Tick tock tick tock

As ye sow, so shall ye reap. 

“Some of the 148 MPs who voted to oust the prime minister on Monday said they would try to stymie his government’s legislative agenda, as happened at the end of the Theresa May era, by abstaining on key laws.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/07/rebel-tories-plan-vote-strikes-to-capitalise-on-pms-weakened-position?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RayC said:

It's not me who is being evasive.

You blame Remainers in parliament for the failure to reach a deal during the four years of negotiations but conveniently omit the fact that the ERG MPs, and Boris Johnson himself, voted against Theresa May's proposals.

Right, the U.K Politicians spent four years in Brussels trying to forge an agreement about Brexit .

The Remainer Politicians in Westminster rejected all the offers in the hope that Brexit would be cancelled . No to everything 

T.May then offered a water down version of Brexit , BRINO , Brexit in name only , half leaving and half staying in .

Borisj then rejected that offer because that wasn't what the people voted for , they voted for Brexit , not BRINO . 

The only way to get Brexit done was to get rid of all the treacherous Politicians who wanted to Remain. at the next election 

13 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Charming.

I assume you are one of the lefty 'be kind' brigade?

i think many of all brigades would wish for this, the man is waste of oxygen 

I'm not particularly lefty but his man is run by his so called "lefty greeny" wife the green agenda is certainly not needed at this time recovery and stabilize cost living at 'earth' expense is

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Therefore - repeating myself for the umpteenth time - you must surely agree that the current UK administration should take responsibility and be accountable for its' own actions (and the current chaos has nothing to do with Remainers?

Of course not. It's ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, baboon said:

Of course not. It's ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

Exactly. One of the very few valid argument for Brexit was about "political accountability". It turns out it's only accountability for others, as before Brexit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

So Boris is still outraging the leftists, blocking the Rejoiners, and upsetting the Euros. He must be still doing a grand job.

He is outraging all of us who worked through Covid and put ourselves on the line.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame removed
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, baboon said:

He is outraging all of us who worked through Covid and put ourselves on the line. That you refuse to recognise this shows just what kind of unpleasant individual you are.

I worked all through covid, not from home either.

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

So Boris is still outraging the leftists, blocking the Rejoiners, and upsetting the Euros. He must be still doing a grand job. 
All we need is for him to ditch the bits we don’t like of NI protocol, then send all the fake asylum seekers back to Calais. He would be back to. National Hero in an instant and win all elections for evermore. 

Boris is sending the fake Asylum seekers to Rwanda

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RayC said:

if your scenario ever occurred, the UK would effectively be without a friend in the world and on the road to economic ruin.

Just another Armageddon forecast. Heard them all before and none of them came true. 

53 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Boris is sending the fake Asylum seekers to Rwanda

More hotels paid for by us. Far too cushy for those fakirs. Back to the Calais jungle with the traffickers. would be better. It would also upset the French more, so a win -win. 

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

More hotels paid for by us. Far too cushy for those fakirs. Back to the Calais jungle with the traffickers. would be better. It would also upset the French more, so a win -win. 

I'm just curious. How would you practically send them back to Calais, taking into account that there is no legal way to force the French to accept them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

I'm just curious. How would you practically send them back to Calais, taking into account that there is no legal way to force the French to accept them?

In small boats, like the French allowed them to come here. 
If that was not a legal way would the French be even more upset? This plan gets better all the time. 

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

In small boats, like the French allowed them to come here. 
If that was not a legal way would the French be even more upset? This plan gets better all the time. 

When they left France, they wanted to leave.. How would you force them to leave UK? The UK police would chain them in rows and then lead them to the French coast?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Just another Armageddon forecast. Heard them all before and none of them came true. 

So a trade deal with the US is imminent then? Relations with the EU will be repaired? The UK will forge ahead and the Brexit Bonuses will click into gear.

Any idea when this is likely to happen? I want to make sure that I don't miss it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, JonnyF said:

Hero to Zero?

He got Brexit done, negotiated the country's way through Covid and has just won a no confidence vote meaning he is immune to a leadership challenge for 12 more months. Best of all, the cherry on the icing on the cake is that the main opposition is the Labour Party, consisting of the likes of Dianne Abbot, David Lammy, Angela Rayner and led by Keir Starmer ????. So no matter how bad he looks (and he has looked pretty bad at times), the clowns opposite him always make him look mildly competent by comparison.

Hardly Zero. Sitting pretty would be a more accurate description. 

Except history shows that Thatcher had same 41% against but was soon persuaded to quit. Johnson might be fatally holed except there is no one else and would let in the clowns of Labour etc. 

10 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Except history shows that Thatcher had same 41% against but was soon persuaded to quit. Johnson might be fatally holed except there is no one else and would let in the clowns of Labour etc. 

But that was a different situation though .

There was mass street protests against Thatcher and the unpopular Poll tax and her advisers thought it would be better if She resigned , otherwise Tories would have received an trouncing at the next general election .

Will the voters desert the Tories because Boris had a Christmas drink in the same way as the reaction to the Poll tax ?

As they will not, there is no reason for Boris to resign

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

*Those nasty Brexit supporting racists saying let foreigners drownn, I'm so angry

They are all still too angry at losing the referendum they thought was stitched up; too angry at not being capable of being an elected government; and too angry that the left’s nemesis Boris is still here; that they rage at anyone to the right of Lenin. 
They’re far too busy being outraged that they haven’t noticed it’s their Froggy naval friends who shepherd the dinghies out into the channel. That’s who lets them drown. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

So a trade deal with the US is imminent then? Relations with the EU will be repaired?

The US will have to get in the queue with the rest of the world, who are still in front. The countries Remainers said would never deal with a free UK. [Biden] missed his chance early on. 
No need to repair anything with the EU. That bloc will have disintegrated before long. 

• Like 1