Thai Expats celebrate Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in style

webfact

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I really don't understand why anyone criticises these events when people attend voluntarily to enjoy their own cultural heritage

Nah, ok! It was just in that moment common sense shall be applied. ???? 

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your common sense obviously  which many disagreed with ????

Yep, it´s known to happen, but there can only be one common sense. Sorry for that. 

Edited by Gottfrid

6 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yep, it´s known to happen, but there can only be one common sense. Sorry for that. 

Now you're just getting off topic and making huge assumptions on others. I'm not getting in a debate about common sense

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Queen who?

The writer doesn't even once mention her name. 

Queen Madge? Queen of the Nile? Queen Barbie? Queen Mercedes? Who?

It is obvious to even the surliest and most hidebound that  you cannot have read anything of this thread or the international news recently apart from the headline and as such I wonder what made you comment.

It is probably best that you go back into the cave you inhabit and remain a recluse for the benefit of Her Majesty (of the UK etc. etc in case you have not worked it out yet!) and the rest of this forum.

PS;  If you were trying to be sarcastic and not just a troll I suggest the addition of an emoji next time!

:partytime2:

• Like 1

I'm a British Citizen & i didnt watch anything on the tv, not one thing - Didn't celebrate anything & to be perfectly honest, not in the slightest bit interested in the British Monarchy or Parliament - I'm a bit of an anti establishment kind of guy..

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I'm a British Citizen & i didnt watch anything on the tv, not one thing - Didn't celebrate anything & to be perfectly honest, not in the slightest bit interested in the British Monarchy or Parliament - I'm a bit of an anti establishment kind of guy..

Wow! Is it difficult  taking that stance?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Cobblers.

Are you donating any of your income to the quote " poor in places such as Luton, Preston, Manchester etc etc whom are more concerned as to how they were going to pay for food for their kids rather than a glorified pi*****p for those borne with a silver spoon in their mouths"?

From the bits and pieces that I have seen have spent their own time and money to having a great time both up in London, Cardiff, Edinborough, Belfast and the many thousands of street parties for children all over the UK.

It happens once every 70 years that a monarch is on the throne and this is the first one in the world. I know that there will never be another one in my lifetime (I am 78) and I am not sure if many people in the world will be alive to see another.

"this is the first one in the world"

HM is currently the third longest reigning monarch in history.

In 6 days, if she survives that long, she will have taken second place from King Bhumibol.

Number one at the moment is Louis XIV of France, at 72 years and 110 days.

Monarchs of states that were "not internationally sovereign for most of their reign":

No 1 is King Sobhuza II of Swaziland, at 82 years 254 days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-reigning_monarchs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobhuza_II

Edited by Enoon
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Enoon said:

In 6 days, if she survives that long, she will have taken second place from King Bhumibol.

Monarchs of states that were "not internationally sovereign for most of their reign":

The two you mention above QE11 were both children when they acceeded and  both had regents until they became of age unlike HM QE11 who ascended the throne in her own right at 25. 

She is the longest serving Monarch in her own right!

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How many Queens are celebrating being 70 years as Queen, this week ?

There's only one 

Point taken however a good media report who surely mention her name and it would be mentioned out of basic respect. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

From your name, you should be watching events in Ukraine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Yes, its called UK taxation. How about you ?

I have been paying taxes since July 1959 and will be paying them until I die. How about you?

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Well I am 2 years younger than you and I sincerely hope that there will never ever be such a waste of tax payers money such as this to please the wealthy ever again. @BritManToo too had exactly the correct response to it all when he said the Russians and the French got it right.

Just look at the state of both Russia and France now.

Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobhuza_II

My apologies. I should have checked first but I got lazy.

5 hours ago, Excel said:

And the whole 4 day UK event was a damning example that millions of pounds can be wasted to invite those to take part who are generally wealthy whilst the poor in places such as Luton, Preston, Manchester etc etc whom are more concerned as to how they were going to pay for food for their kids rather than a glorified pi*****p for those borne with a silver spoon in their mouths. Utterly sick and and yet another disgraceful example as to how human beings look down on the poor 

BS 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thai expats!.??? Is wrong.

British expats in Thailand!

Is correct.

Thai expats live and work outside  of Thailand for example in the  Gulf.

The majority  of expats  in the world are Asian.

Should it not also include the commonwealth?

Don't the Aussies, Kiwis, Canucks and others still bend the knee to her.

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Do we see any other people from any other country make such big celebrations in a foreign country for the royal family in the country they chose to leave? No, and it´s a reason for that. It´s called common sense.

No. It’s called Minor Insignificant Royal Families. ????????

Many reasons why UK is the coolest most admired most influential most achieving country in history. Queen just one of hundreds of those “ reasons to be cheerful” with UK ????????

• Like 2