Drunk "PR" woman in cab says she awoke to find taxi driver raping her

webfact

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

She was wearing shorts, fell asleep in a taxi... 

It was also 8 am, so assume so assume she was extremely tired and, yes, drunk. 

Is any of that deserving of sexual assault / rape ?... of course not.

Did she place herself at risk? yes.... but that does not place the blame on her. 

If we live in a society whereby we think... well, what did she expect, wearing shorts and drunk?... then something is very very wrong with society. 

So blame, no - defiantly not. 

But she was silly and naive not to be more careful knowing sad and disappointing realises of normalisation and attitudes towards sexual assault in Thailand.

Probably, she lived in some kind of an ideal world where there was no ever any chance that she will be raped by anybody anytime. As a grown and mentally able human being- wasn't she responsible for a presence of a bit of an adequate thinking process in her head?

And don't try to use those quite primitive logical tricks: her guilt is only partial! Having sex with any woman without her consent is a crime, no doubt about this in my posts.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

Drunk at 7 in the morning??/ Fire that PR woman, because that is a blame for the business she is working for. Be sober in the morning and fit to go to work .....Who knows what happened as she said she passd out.... It ws not a bit drunk but very drunk. Alas it doesn't mean that rape is approved......But who knows the truth of what really happened. 

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Drunk at 7 in the morning??/ Fire that PR woman, because that is a blame for the business she is working for. Be sober in the morning and fit to go to work .....Who knows what happened as she said she passd out.... It ws not a bit drunk but very drunk.

You think ‘PR girl’ is an regular office job that starts in the mornings every day of the week  ???

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Alas it doesn't mean that rape is approved......But who knows the truth of what really happened. 

ERmmm she does because she woke up while being raped. 

So, does the Taxi diver who admitted it... 

Did you even bother to read the main article ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, realfunster said:

If I was to walk through Klong Toey slum late at night, talking loudly on my brand new THB35,000 iPhone and displaying numerous gold necklaces, if I get mugged, have I in any way contributed to this ? Possibly ? Am I to "blame" -no, the perpetrator is but would would any sensible critical-thinking adult with an understanding of Bangkok say that my actions were a contributing factor ? Could I have better engaged my critical faculties to avoid a dangerous situation ?

The recent spate of Indians having their chains stolen in Pattaya all had responses saying that the victim should not have worn the chain out.  Some even criticised Indians for wanting to wear them in the first place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The recent spate of Indians having their chains stolen in Pattaya all had responses saying that the victim should not have worn the chain out.  Some even criticised Indians for wanting to wear them in the first place.

So ?  Some people actually believe that the Indians were telling the truth, but it won't stop others challenging the veracity of their stories will it ?

11 hours ago, 2long said:

I have certainly drunkenly pestered women in my past. Have you?

I am at the age now  where a woman has to be completely drunk-to even think about pestering me.......................:w00t:

Edited by sanuk711
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I blame both of them and the Police.   Her for getting stupid drunk; him for being a consistant Drug Menace and Rapist and the Police for allowing this Man to continue as a Taxi Driver with multiple Drug Offences to his name.

She wants him punished to 'the full extent of the law' but we know what that means...1,000 Baht fine and back to work the next day as if nothing happened !

Oh come on!  So she got drunk. That doesn't give the scumbag the right to rape her.

Taxi drivers are a public service to a certain extent, where passengers expect to be safely taken to their destination without fear of assault or robbery. Even in Thailand.

Someone like him shouldn't be allowed to drive a taxi in the first place. The screening, to filter out criminals etc., while not 100% effective in any country, seems woefully inadequate here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2long said:

He said. She said.

She was probably attractive, and clearly drunk.

He's a man.

I would say that many of us have had to spurn the advances of drunk women before.

His story sounds believable.

Thai men can be awful.

Thai women are often attractive... and 'pretties' especially so.

There's no clear answer here, but many members will automatically blame the taxi driver.

Back in the day when I used to drive taxi's to finish my degree's, I used to pick up many drunk women in the early hours of the morning, a few passing out along the way, had a few advances too, did I rape them or take them up on their offers, well to give you a little insight, I had one who 1/4 into the journey said to me, look I have to be honest, I don't have any money, it's late and I need to get home, if you take me, I will give you a BJ.

Long of the short, I passed, yes I pulled over and told her to get out, respectfully, she got upset and slammed the door on her way out. I would imagine other drivers would have taken her up on it, but leaves them way open, have also had bitche$ get me to drive them all the way home and then do a runner.

What he did deserves jail time, no excuses, if he was a real man he could have asked her for her phone number and tried to pick her up another time, if she was up for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

So ?  Some people actually believe that the Indians were telling the truth, but it won't stop others challenging the veracity of their stories will it ?

I'm afraid I'm not sure how your comment relates to the point I was making.  I didn't say anything about whether their claims were genuine or not.

21 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I blame both of them and the Police.   Her for getting stupid drunk

How can anyone rationally respond to this?   Put a note on all the bar doors?  If you drink, you will get raped!!!!!!!!   want another beer, you will now get raped!!!!     blame the victim.  wow.  

Edited by Iamfalang

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes they will quite  rightly blame the  rapist for his  actions.

Being an attractive  woman does not make you  rape fodder

"I would say that many of us have had to spurn the advances of drunk women before."

You might say that but I suspect  the reverse  is true- it's drunk men pestering women.

Anway you seem confused. Spurn them or rape them? Which is it? Do you know the difference?

Many people would consider your views a form of toxic  victim blaming and an excuse for not  just a terrible  act of violence  but a betrayal of trust.

2long - Jamie. What is it about my comment that makes you sad? Emojis have limited meaning. Please feel free to explain  yourself.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:54 AM, trainman34014 said:

I blame both of them and the Police.   Her for getting stupid drunk; him for being a consistant Drug Menace and Rapist and the Police for allowing this Man to continue as a Taxi Driver with multiple Drug Offences to his name.

She wants him punished to 'the full extent of the law' but we know what that means...1,000 Baht fine and back to work the next day as if nothing happened !

That's a ridiculous point of view for you to express as for the woman being at fault for being raped. Yes stupid and irresponsible but being drunk or passed out is no pass for getting raped.  

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes. That is blaming her. Would you  blame a man for getting raped because he was drunk?

Maybe next time he gets drunk or passes out a ladyboy should come service his a$$

Not to absolve the rapist, but honestly, their is a lesson on why to not drink to the point that you pass out.  There is a certain amount of personal responsibility in that story.
I hope she learned something and I hope the rapist gets his due.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

PR woman! She was/ is probably a 'Pretty' which is a job title here for women working in promotional work which is not public relations. The headline has probably  been  changed for whatever reason by someone who lacks English  language skills and for some reason does not want to use  the term 'Pretty'.

Doubt the term "Pretty" is in the job description, just a name other people gave to the job. got nothing to do with English skills. 

17 hours ago, 2long said:

He said. She said.

She was probably attractive, and clearly drunk.

He's a man.

I would say that many of us have had to spurn the advances of drunk women before.

His story sounds believable.

Thai men can be awful.

Thai women are often attractive... and 'pretties' especially so.

There's no clear answer here, but many members will automatically blame the taxi driver.

No clear answer here? Did you never got any principles or law knowledge taught in your life? You NEVER rape someone.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 2long said:

'his actions' are not confirmed. Nor are hers.

I have certainly drunkenly pestered women in my past. Have you?

Thanks, and yes... i know the difference.

I know I have spurned drunken women, but raped no one. How about you?

'many would consider' is your opinion.

We don't know what happened. That's all I'm saying.

No i have not don't need to. Try it with my daughters once and it will be your last time ever.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

No clear answer here? Did you never got any principles or law knowledge taught in your life? You NEVER rape someone.

We all know rape is illegal and I would hope that we all know not to do it.

I was just querying if this case is cut & dried and he has confessed or been found guilty of rape.... because from what I read, neither has happened yet.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:40 AM, webfact said:

He has been prosecuted in the past for a string of drug taking and drug possession charges in Taopoon, Chana Songkhram and Khok Kham police jurisdictions as well as a charge of breaking curfew. 

Should never be allowed to drive a taxi after those convictions. 

Doubt there is any proper screening of drivers, which is yet another major fail on Thailand's part.