Gasp…! Is this abnormal heat for this time of year….?

mikey88

I’ve been away for 2 years so…..but I’m finding this heat in Chiang Mai punishing…

Is this unusual ..?

Do we expect things to lighten up later in the rainy season…?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Correct.

Here April/Songkran was extremely cool.

Must have been some decade old record lows.

Even the elder could not remember such low temperatures at this month.

It then continued with quite early and significant rain.

Most of May was much less hot than the terrible dry years (2014 e.g.).

Just in the last two weeks somewhat normal heat has developed.

Three ACs running at the moment.

Temperatures below 36 C (97 F) are not "very hot" for me.

At 38 to 39 the suffering starts. Max over the years here about 42.

118 year lows in one place in Oz. Countries like Thailand wouldnt vary that much unless you go far north.

16 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Today was 32 in Chiang Mai. June avg 32.7. A tad below average.

If you go away for 2 years the humidity gets you.

Yes thanks….that’s probably it..  I can’t remember….does the humidity in Chiang Mai let up…?

I know it’s gets cooler from November from memory…..but from now till then….can we expect the humidity to lighten up…?

Just now, mikey88 said:

Yes thanks….that’s probably it..  I can’t remember….does the humidity in Chiang Mai let up…?

I know it’s gets cooler from November from memory…..but from now till then….can we expect the humidity to lighten up…?

Not til nov

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Some of the weather apps will show something like Temperature 32°, feels like 38°.  Based on the humidity level it can make it feel hotter.

My weather station thingy is showing a current temp outside of 35 and inside 33 but only 49% humidity outside which is actually very low - humidity is 60% apparently inside but I am just sitting with a fan going.

Now my device could be inaccurate but the temperatures are consistent across the last week.

Apologies as this is in Pattaya and just noticed this is from the Chiang Mai forum ????‍♂️

Edited by topt

I have lived in Northern Thailand since 2007, but permanently since 2011. 

What abnormal heat?  I live just Southeast of CM and we have been getting some great rain to the point where I don't understand why the farmers are not capitalizing on the excess water and planting rice early.

Sorry - I went back to look.  133 posts.  You haven't been here too long.

But excess heat.  I really don't know what you're talking about.  Thailand overall is warm this time of year.  Our garden is doing fabulously. 
Too hot - buy an air conditioner.  Or just learn live with it.  You're human body will acclimatize. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

Its not hotter than usual in Phuket. But we're always cooler than the rest of LOS except the highest peak areas of the north west.

I see the temps on the news every day here and they didn't seem overly strange and out of the norm. Maybe you're just feeling it as a new body on the ground?

On 6/10/2022 at 12:27 PM, Bobtheblob said:

Am in isan and it's v hot at the moment, it was 33.7 in the house today v hot for this time of the year. 

Just returned to the UK for a visit and I'm as cold as a polar bears chuff  ????‍❄️????

• Haha 2