Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

13 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Maybe they can get Christopher Steele to write a dossier with all of the pertinent details and have Fusion GPS and the Perkins Coi law firm spearhead the dossier.  They did such a great job with the one on Russia.  

Dossier not needed when you have powerful testimony from a parade of Republicans and Trump White House aides. This time no House republicans can help Trump avoid indictment. 

• Like 2

On 6/22/2022 at 4:00 AM, Jingthing said:

The hardcore will just tune it out anyway. It's not a realistic goal to persuade everyone.  

Not everyone, just the overwhelming majority. And most important those who are empowered to bring charges …

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Wondering what would happen in case Ivanka said she does not believe the election was not stolen? 

Then she would have been lying in her deposition, yes?

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Wondering what would happen in case Ivanka said she does not believe the election was not stolen? 

Was that an intentional double-negative?  Suggesting Ivanka might say she believes the election was stolen?

I suppose it doesn't matter.  How many people car what Ivanka says or believes?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Former US President Donald Trump has hit back at his daughter Ivanka after she distanced herself from his unfounded claims of mass voter fraud.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61767628

In a piece of video evidence shared during Rep. Liz Cheney's opening statement Thursday during the hearing of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, Ivanka Trump, the former president's daughter and his onetime White House adviser, reacted to then-Attorney General William Barr saying that the 2020 election was not stolen.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/09/1104081027/ivanka-trump-said-she-accepted-barrs-conclusion-that-the-2020-election-wasnt-sto

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

She already did in her deposition to the committee where she said she accepted William Barr's characterization of the alleged evidence proving that fraud had occurred.

Well, I missed the double negative. So she also said in footage for a documentary that she supported her father's attempts to find proof of fraud. So she seems to have a position to suit every situation. Kind of reminds me of Groucho Marx's remarks about his principles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, I missed the double negative. So she also said in footage for a documentary that she supported her father's attempts to find proof of fraud. So she seems to have a position to suit every situation. Kind of reminds me of Groucho Marx's remarks about his principles.

during the documentary footage she also said that her father wanted Every Single Vote counted.... and I almost choked when heard it

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Here Are the Members of Congress Who Asked Trump for Pardons After January 6

From the article this is the list of traitors:

"Mo Brooks, Matt Gaetz, Andy Biggs, Louie Gohmert, Scott Perry, Marjorie Taylor Greene"

and  kiss axx scam bag Jim Jordan didn't make the list but, but....

In addition, while Hutchinson said Jim Jordan did not ask for a pardon, he did inquire about the prospect of pardons.

Edited by Mavideol

Just now, Phoenix Rising said:

Could get interesting.

Trump aides didn't know someone was filming Trump on January 6 until the House committee got the footage: reports

"Aides to Donald Trump had no idea a documentary filmmaker had recorded the former president on Jan. 6, 2021, until the House committee investigating that day subpoenaed the footage, reports said.

The existence of the footage — shot by UK documentarian Alex Holder — was first reported by Politico on Tuesday.

The outlet said that Holder complied with the House committee request and handed over several months of footage of Trump, up to and including footage he took on Jan. 6."

Well well, that could turn up trumps then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kenneth White said:

I’ll stick with testimony given under oath over some random video thank you.

Then I’ll raise you real signatures on forged State elector returns.

Forged documents, signed by people and submitted to National Archive in an attempt to over turn the election.

There’s the crime, there’s there’s  documentary evidence of the crime, there’s the signatures of the perpetrators on the documents and there’s the secure evidence trail.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When can we expects the witnesses to be cross-examined? I'm betting mid November. 

This is an ‘Investigation’ not a ‘Trial’.

Witnesses are cross examined in ‘Trials’, they are not cross examined during ‘Investigations’.

Don’t be impatient, there will be cross examinations in the trials relating to J6.

DoJ raiding the homes of ‘witnesses’ is a sure sign you won’t have to wait long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Could get interesting.

Trump aides didn't know someone was filming Trump on January 6 until the House committee got the footage: reports

"Aides to Donald Trump had no idea a documentary filmmaker had recorded the former president on Jan. 6, 2021, until the House committee investigating that day subpoenaed the footage, reports said.

The existence of the footage — shot by UK documentarian Alex Holder — was first reported by Politico on Tuesday.

The outlet said that Holder complied with the House committee request and handed over several months of footage of Trump, up to and including footage he took on Jan. 6."

I wonder if Trump is running out of lawyers, he's probably going to try for an injunction to prevent the footage being seen.

If I was a lawyer acting for Trump, I would want money for work in advance. His  record of dudding contractors is well known.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

When can we expects the witnesses to be cross-examined? I'm betting mid November. 

I can imagine the cross-examination! ????

J. Jordan: Mr. Barr, do you think former BLM protests actually induced protesters to storm the Capitol?

W. Barr: No, it is B.S.!

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Legal expert walks through how DOJ raid on Jeff Clark could lead to Trump indictment

Ahead of the fifth public hearing for the House Select Committee investigating the attempt to overthrow the 2020 election, Donald Trump's former Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Clark was raided by federal agents.

He explained that to get a search warrant a federal judge must find that there is probable cause for it.

So, in the case of Clark, a judge must believe that a crime has been committed based on the evidence shown to the court.

https://www.rawstory.com/jeffrey-clark-trump-indictment-possibilities/

I also guess he did not take the 5th for no reason...

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/03/politics/jeffrey-clark-justice-department-plead-fifth-january-6/index.html

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Breaking News!

Jan. 6 Panel Abruptly Sets Tuesday Hearing on ‘Recently Obtained Evidence’

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol on Monday abruptly scheduled a hearing for Tuesday afternoon to hear what the panel called “recently obtained evidence” and take witness testimony.

The hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m., according to a news release issued by the committee, in which it provided no other details about the surprise session.

The panel has held a series of hearings this month laying out the findings of its nearly yearlong investigation, but it had not been scheduled to have any additional sessions this week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/27/us/politics/jan-6-panel-abruptly-sets-tuesday-hearing-on-recently-obtained-evidence.html

Any bets on whether this turns out to be good news or bad news for Trump? Hmmm....

Difficult to imagine it as good news for Trump. Obviously some people have decided to come clean.

• Like 1