Can you talk to Thai cashier girls working in stores like 7 Eleven?

jhoncm

9 hours ago, jhoncm said:

So I'm wondering can I have a small talk with her in the store. Like asking her name etc.

Of course it's ok to know her name, but seriously ask if she is married first.

Tried chatting a friendly one up once a few years ago. She called something like, I got another one to the other girl, smile went and she got replaced by the other girl. I stopped going in ????

Edited by proton
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Point out into thd store and ask her if she can help uou with something. Then she"ll follow you and you have her on her own for a moment. ????

A mate of mine tried that. Epic fail. His love interest simply shouted to the staffer restocking the fridges at the back, "Hey!  Lek! Can you show this guy where the tampons are? I'm busy here."

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:
9 hours ago, jhoncm said:

So I'm wondering can I have a small talk with her in the store. Like asking her name etc.

Of course it's ok to know her name, but seriously ask if she is married first.

But paramours are way, way more fun than just girlfriends, no?

7/11 and small Lotus better hunting grounds than Tinder. Go every day, have a coffee. Be friendly and joke around with them. Met very few who understand any English. Print up some slips of paper with your LINE Id and name. Use the LINE logo in front of your ID. Give her the slip of paper. Should be self explanatory but just say "at line". Hopefully your ID wont have symbols etc. They are hopeless at getting IDs right or they search a phone number as an ID. If your setting up an ID make ur ID the same as your phone number, unless of course u dont want others to know your phone number.

If shes interested in you she will initiate a conversation. Bare in mind a lot of them flirty etc, probably showing off to friends but when it comes to crunch time they have boyfriends. Often they will point at one of the staff and say "single"

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

A mate of mine tried that. Epic fail. His love interest simply shouted to the staffer restocking the fridges at the back, "Hey!  Lek! Can you show this guy where the tampons are? I'm busy here."

Your friend chose to ask his potential love interest about tampons as an ice-breaker?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

But paramours are way, way more fun than just girlfriends, no?

If he wants to risk it up to him. 

Ever heard of Shootings at 7-11 's some just over the girl having a boyfriend never mine hubby. 

When you are at the checkout, pull out a thick wad of 1000 baht notes and peel one off to pay.

The next time you are at the 7/11, do the same, and try striking up a conversation.

If she's not interested, plenty of other fish in the sea ready to bite.

10 hours ago, jhoncm said:

I cannot catch her outside. I only see her working in the store.

Yeah, that is kind of creepy, stalking. Just smile when you see her inside the store... 

She will probably be embarrassed if you do much more than that. 

And remember, she is working and you know nothing about her personality so it is likely just a moment of lusting... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Your friend chose to ask his potential love interest about tampons as an ice-breaker?

Better is to ask about lubrifiant or flavour of condoms as they are close to the till.
Ask her, which flavour she recommends.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Write her a love letter and hand it over with your 20Baht note, when you pay your Snickers.

Dear You,

Since I saw you first time at my local 7/11, I was in heaven.
I can't stop thinking about you. Often I wonder through the store and completely forgot what I wanted to buy.

I have around 350kg of noodles, 600kg of rice, 1500 litres of water, filling my small 28m2 apartment.
I buy all this, hoping that one day, I can take care of you.

In my dreams, I see you in your uniform.
I even completely abandoned my little super big C.

I bought a new suit from the Indian tailor up the road, just arrive in style.

I might be ugly but I have a big heart.
I just turned 69 but feel like 67

Maybe we can add each other on line and see where love brings us.

With love,

John

Imagine explaining that at the police station

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, jhoncm said:

Is it ok or does it look bad as she is working?

Just do it!

Does it matter if other people think it's ok or not ok or whatever?

Personally I have this from time to time. Most of the time it starts with some joking about this and that. I.e. I buy some chocolate and they tell me another chocolate has a special price. "Do you like it?" "When I buy 2 and get 3 do you share it with me?"

I think it doesn't take long to realize if the wanted one is interested to talk or not? If she wants it go for it and if not then don't try again and again.

Ask for here LINE ID or give her yours...

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

and bank clerks can be got

Recently I was with an older Thai guy in a bank (to collect million THB checks). He openly flirted with one of the cashiers and ask her for her number. Like: I need personal advice and I want to call you. She kept a straight face, probably it wouldn't help to tell a customer to f@$ off. I have no idea if they ever met.