A new 90 day requirement?

I always do my 90 day reporting in person at Kalasin as it's convenient for shopping afterwards, and today I was asked for the first time to complete a new form, TM 47 (below). Is this a totally new requirement or has the same info previously been asked for in on-line reporting? I guess, instead of removing the pointless demand to report as if you are on probation, they've added an extra (minor) hassle.

20220615_182437.jpg

• Confused 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bobtheblob said:

I have done reports in 2 diff offices. Both have had diff requirements for 90 one just turn up hand pp and its done, the other tm47 it's a prity pointless form as they just scan your pp and print it out then throw your tm47 in the bin. 

Likewise, at my old office it was passport only, at the current office it’s the TM47 form for the last 5 years, thankfully I now report online .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes. More than a decade. I have filled a lot during the first years.

Seasoned members will know how many decades it exists.

It's just that the need for filling the form has vanished at many offices.

Online reporting fortunately working for me.

I just did my first ever 90 day report online. it's only the second one I've ever done; first was done via a Bangkok agent because I cnbf leaving my condo. wish me luck! ????

Living up north I first did my report in Mai Sai. TM 47 required. That was 2012. Chaing Rai office  opened  no TM 47 required. Then in 2016 Phayao office opened and TM 47 and photo copies required. I save travelling time but forms are required.

Just give online a try. If it works...in the future go shopping MINUS the "convenient" immigration hassle. I can see Jomtien Immigration out my window. 5 minute walk. Only PP needed and don't even go inside as there's an outdoor collection area where a gal takes PP in and delivers back shortly. All very convenient, but why? No thanks. New online system works great for many/most and will even auto-fill all your info after initial approval. ????

• Like 2

I've been filling this form since the reporting requirement became a law. In fact I filled one form in my computer without the date and print it every 3 month as all information still the same. I only change Passport No. when expired and/ or arrival date if I was out of the country. Doing it online now is a lot easier, in fact the immigration office sent me E-mail 10 days prior to the expiration of the current 90 days statement to remind me to apply for a new one, next day I applied and the day after I received the new one by E-mail.

Huh? The TM47 is the 90 day report. That little receipt at the bottom is the bit they tear off and affix to your passport.

Perhaps in the past the immigration officers were kind enough to fill it out on your behalf?

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Just give online a try. If it works...in the future go shopping MINUS the "convenient" immigration hassle. I can see Jomtien Immigration out my window. 5 minute walk. Only PP needed and don't even go inside as there's an outdoor collection area where a gal takes PP in and delivers back shortly. All very convenient, but why? No thanks. New online system works great for many/most and will even auto-fill all your info after initial approval. ????

I've read of far too many problems with doing it on-line with, even today, a post  saying it shows him as on overstay. It takes me five minutes to do it in person with 100% no-hassle guarantee and with no electronic 'misunderstanding'.

As to the form, okay, it's been around for many years and is - yet again - an example of each immigration office following their own rules. Until now, Kalasin has not needed it, and now - suddenly and who knows why - they do.

No big deal to spend two minutes every three months filling it in. I just wondered if it was new. The answer is no and yes. So wonderfully Thai. Not new in some offices, new in others.

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

but then he'll have nothing to whine about ????

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've read of far too many problems with doing it on-line with, even today, a post  saying it shows him as on overstay. It takes me five minutes to do it in person with 100% no-hassle guarantee and with no electronic 'misunderstanding'.

You need to read more in the topic where that was posted. He was using the mobile app that does have problems.

As I wrote in that topic that problem will not occur if using the new site. https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No big deal to spend two minutes every three months filling it in. I just wondered if it was new. The answer is no and yes. So wonderfully Thai. Not new in some offices, new in others.

I normally print out a completed TM47 form after changing the date on it for a in person report incase they want it.

I have not had to do one in person for over a year now and that was when the online reporting system was down for a couple of months.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Huh? The TM47 is the 90 day report. That little receipt at the bottom is the bit they tear off and affix to your passport.

Perhaps in the past the immigration officers were kind enough to fill it out on your behalf?

Possibly. All I've had to do, and was expected to do, was hand over my passport and after a few minutes of typing it was handed back with the new whatever (I never remove what they staple into the passport to see what it is) with my next report date on it. Which, now and then, is a Sunday as checking the calendar first is a step too far. 

32 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

but then he'll have nothing to whine about ????

Who's whining? You appear to lack comprehension skills. If you read my post above yours I wrote that it's no big deal. I just asked if the form was new. Which, because of more intelligent responses than yours, I've learned that it isn't, except at the Kalasin office.

2 hours ago, bjhabal said:

I've been filling this form since the reporting requirement became a law. In fact I filled one form in my computer without the date and print it every 3 month as all information still the same. I only change Passport No. when expired and/ or arrival date if I was out of the country. Doing it online now is a lot easier, in fact the immigration office sent me E-mail 10 days prior to the expiration of the current 90 days statement to remind me to apply for a new one, next day I applied and the day after I received the new one by E-mail.

When you do it online what date is put on the 90 day, the date of approval or 90 days from the previous date?

The system has accepted me and I am about to do online. I have just got into the 15 day prior period.

TIA

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I normally print out a completed TM47 form after changing the date on it

Used to do that until my local office opened, and was informed that all forms must be hand-written, then came the later additions of must be in blue ink, then you must complete "our" forms (which need to be asked for, are not available to select from a rack) not the on-line forms as they are out of date.

1 minute ago, Bagwain said:

When you do it online what date is put on the 90 day, the date of approval or 90 days from the previous date?

The system has accepted me and I am about to do online. I have just got into the 15 day prior period.

TIA

The new 90 day report date will be 90 days from the day you submitted the report online.

2 minutes ago, Bagwain said:

The new system appears to be from approval date, but the loss of a few days is no hardship with the ease of the new system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

Used to do that until my local office opened, and was informed that all forms must be hand-written, then came the later additions of must be in blue ink, then you must complete "our" forms (which need to be asked for, are not available to select from a rack) not the on-line forms as they are out of date.

That is just a pedant office want them to completed by hand.

Unless you go to a unofficial immigration website the forms are up to date.

The TM47 form has never been changed in many years. TM7 form for a extension was changed in 2017 as well as the TM8 for re-entry permit form.

45 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

All for everyone doing what and how they prefer...but why not, as I previously suggested, just give the NEW online site a try.

I can fully understand why many prefer on-line as it's a hassle to go to an office. Before Kalasin opened I'd have needed the best part of a day to attend Sakon Nakhon. Now, it's much less than an hour from me and I combine it with a shopping trip. I prefer the personal approach too and we sometimes donate mangos or limes to the IO as a pr exercise. I don't roam far from home these days, so not being in the area when my report is due is never a problem either.

• Like 1