Thai PM to discuss guidelines to remove the mask mandate at Covid-19 Center general meeting this Friday

webfact

49 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is ONLY about fear, at this time. Nothing else. The number have dropped to the point where masking barely serves a function anymore. Without masks, people begin to feel normal again. 

A foreigners perspective, the Asians see it differently, many Thais wore masks before the pandemic ever started. They don't have the same aversion to masks as people in the west.

I did a border run down to PB on 5th Feb 2020. There was temperature checking, hand gel, and virtually everyone on the train wearing a mask, long before the west even talked about it.

I fail to understand the western reluctance to caution, it is a case of Gung Ho and hope for the best.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Did it strike you as odd that motorcyclists all wore helmets and people stopped at red traffic lights and pedestrian crossings in Europe?

To be fair, I half expected that.......????

Don't be fooled into thinking that Europe is without it's own retards............

• Haha 1

Despite widespread news that the Thai Covid Center may ease the mask mandate tomorrow, Public Health Minister Anutin stated just now he is against this and that it is not the place of the health department to tell people to remove their masks.

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews

As a teacher in Thailand, I will have to keep wearing masks for an indefinite time while at work.

My school director already ordered all teachers to keep wearing them until at least March 2023, the last month of the current academic year. No ditching masks anytime soon.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

That is your opinion no problem.  But there is a larger picture that is how I'm looking at it. Their economy is crushed now I'm sure someone would make a debate about that but many are out of jobs and suffering and I'm not hearing about it I'm here with boots on the ground.

I have nothing against the mask I wear it each day and will continue even if they removed it if other choice is the same you won't see me jumping in anyone face asking why?  I'm not jumping on the democracy stuff of choice I have enough sense based on the given situation here to know when and why I need to wear one. 

If you read you will find it isn't as easy as one makes it out to be applying for the TP, not everyone is techno enough plus you got the insurance unless one has their head in the sand knows it is nothing but a scam on the part of the controlling insurance interest.

If the government really believe in the mask then it should be a easy call and follow what they preach but that isn't the case the fact they want to study the problem now shows they don't have a clue. My thought as it has already proven the less restrictions the more people will arrive I have nothing against those not being vaccinated to have more restrictions but in the end Covid or new Covid is here to stay for sometime we need to learn how to live with it and have medical procedure setup to help everyone.

I say again open the country up learn to live with it all the talk now restriction I see here in Thailand aren't being enforced anyways blaming foreigners for the spread is nonsense since the facts have proven the outbreak of the Delta came from their own borders with the massive illegal migrants workers be brought in.

Now this is all my opinion agree or disagree but when it comes to the mask, it is a small thing open and live with it then worry about the mask!  You don't want to wear one then don't! 

The big picture is that I haven't heard anyone I know saying they're not coming to Thailand because of the TP or the 650 THB they have to pay for the insurance. However I see many people everyday wearing the masks on their chin because they must wear 1 but it bathers them, as it bathers me. Yes, some people are wearing masks due to air pollution, but not indoors, not on their cars and not all day long, and most of all - it's by choice.

Many doctors around the world recognize the problems created by masks wearing. Young children have developmental problems. So after all, better get rid of the face nappies that effect 70 million rather than worry about TP that might effect a few hundreds

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In the cities with alot of foreigners, the mask mandates are wisely being ignored. The most Thais around, the greater the prevalence of masks. The fear is ingrained now. 

Well you are wrong because the rural villages, Thais also didn't bother too much! Bangkokians seemed to be the serious ones. Thais may be concerned wrt Covid, but that concern kept their total per capita deaths to fractions of that the West encountered!

11 hours ago, webfact said:

June 15th, that the Prime Minister had ordered relevant agencies to study and analyze the situation of COVID-19 after relaxing several preventive measures according to the resolving situation.

Only if they paid half of that importance on motorcycle riders not wearing helmets, riding unregistered motorcycles, and lacking number plates, cars, trucks also being unregistered and lacking number plates.

Might as well sack the entire police force and bring in the army until they replace the police force with one that can do the job that the current lazy f's won't, thus saving at least 20,000 lost soles per year.

They could replace their slogan of "up to you" with "we care about you"...lol

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

The big picture is that I haven't heard anyone I know saying they're not coming to Thailand because of the TP or the 650 THB they have to pay for the insurance. However I see many people everyday wearing the masks on their chin because they must wear 1 but it bathers them, as it bathers me. Yes, some people are wearing masks due to air pollution, but not indoors, not on their cars and not all day long, and most of all - it's by choice.

Many doctors around the world recognize the problems created by masks wearing. Young children have developmental problems. So after all, better get rid of the face nappies that effect 70 million rather than worry about TP that might effect a few hundreds

Like I said that is your choice and your opinion!  Unlike you I've heard it personally since prior to Covid I had lots of friends and family visiting many from the U.S. Hong Kong and China the list of hearsay from those close to my family members.

As you can see just by the numbers alone believe them or not every time the government has reduced the restrictions the greater the numbers entering has been produced. It is also noted when it comes to the insurance regardless of the low cost one reads the fine prints it covers nothing there are hundreds of stories out there of insurance companies not paying especially the ones charging 650 I believe that one company that has gone out of business.

When it comes to the mask, yes I agree totally about children it has develop problems but all the so call experts are now politicians that is the real problem no longer are they following the science?

Based on the numbers I have no problems whether one where it or not since many have been vaccinated especially those foreigners who want to return to Thailand yet it is still in place when their own studies have shown the number coming from abroad are minimum majority are coming like prior from land borders.

Covid is here to stay for a long time based on things I would have no problem the leaders getting rid of the mask, and go with some studies that if in confine space large gathering, for example a sports events, confine spaces like Bangkok BTS again the choice of the individual but I pray for an individual who comes up to me and gets in my face as to why I'm wearing a mask! 

What I do know people mask mandate or not it doesn't bother me I have better things to worry about living in Thailand than a mandate to wear a mask. I've been wearing one for two years prior to it I found myself sick every year since wearing the mask, following flu like procedures using alcohol and washing my hands regularly being discipline not to touch my mouth, pick my nose or scratch my eyes I've not been sick once in 2 plus years.

I will continue to do what has kept me and my Thai family from having the virus if wearing a mask in a crowd is require I will do it. Even everything is dump Friday I have a trip plan July 9th, to the States I will continue to wear it at the airport, on the plane, back home on public transportation.

Lets hope everything is removed Friday!  and lets get back to our lives!

8 hours ago, stoner said:

people are still wearing a mask outside ?  

Yes, my fiance was in Pattaya yesterday she sent me picture of the market she visited everyone in the pictures was wearing a mask (including her) all of them were Thai no foreigners visible. She is travelling to her buddhist retreat today and has to wear a mask on the bus. Our house is in Nong Khai Province and masks are rigidly enforced there. In Udon Thani you can be fined between 4000 and 20000 baht for not wearing a mask

Edited by RobU

On 6/16/2022 at 10:09 AM, spidermike007 said:

There are less than 2,000 cases a day here now. The risk is incredibly low. Wearing a mask outdoors has always been the essence of science denial.

Social mixing without masks leads to an increase in infection. People are now dying unnecessarily in the UK due to pressures in the health services as a result of the pandemic. Thailand is right to be cautious.

But why let the facts get in the way of xenophobic whinging.

Covid-19 infections in the UK increased by 43 per cent in the week after the platinum jubilee celebrations, according to new estimates.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-infections-uk-jubilee-celebrations-b2103505.html

Kenneth Shadbolt, 94, waited more than five hours for an ambulance after a bad fall - an accident that proved fatal.

Logs show that in his final 999 call he asked: "Can you please tell them to hurry up or I shall be dead."

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-61791151

• Sad 2

On 6/16/2022 at 7:54 AM, Excel said:

With the high levels of pollution in Bangkok it actually is more akin to assisted dying than enjoying fresh air????

Quite true.  I ran out of three section masks that have a pretty decent seal recently and wore the surgical type for a few days.  I could feel the increased irritation almost instantly.  Sore throat, coughing, all increased.

• Like 1