Now that the new 10 year visa has been approved, will the annual Non-O retirement extension be discontinued?

12 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Back before I was 50 years old I used to go to Bali and get triple entry tourist visas.  They were cancelled.  What makes you think the 800K or 65K a month Non-O wont be cancelled.

Clearly the government are now exploring new financial thresholds.  They may increase the 800K requirement...or they might just ditch the visa.

Expats on NON-O extension here (like myself) have built lives and families, but they think they have some tenure because of that.  Thai authorities could not care less about ripping those families apart.

They cancelled the triple entry tourist visas because they where abused by people who is not tourists, but living here, and some also made a living here by working as well. 

Abuse is the norm for tighten the rules, and now you have to prove you have enough to stay here, and I do not believe they will cancel something that actually works and serve it purpose. 

The only ones who make the chain brake now, is corrupt officers at emigration. 

If you are married its even half price just out of empathy 

Edited by Hummin

10 hours ago, Tony125 said:

has over 5 million USD cash in at least 1  account

Hmm. Five million cash in a bank account. Never knew any business person holding so much cash in a bank account earning such a meagre return. Business people have access to credit in case of emergency. The last time I heard so much cash in a bank was Clinton's

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/05/07/the-odd-history-of-why-the-clintons-keep-all-their-money-in-cash/

Edited by Onerak

53 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

Yep, Thai Immigration is just doing their job, YET…..using an agent sweeps many of the financial requirements out the door. The beloved “brown envelope” solves all problems. The pretense that Thai Immigration is really concerned about “verified” income, is insulting to average intelligence.

Why they should not? The also have aspirations and dream. They also want to send their kids to fancy schools and buy fancy cars and go to european vacations. And keep their mia nois happys. They were unfortunates not to be born in a western country to earn dollars. I'm sure if they were born in a Western country they would have earned more than the average of the majority ethnicity. Median household income of Thais in USA is more than median household income of Whites. In fact median household incomes of any Asian ethnic group is higher than the majority whites). It is not their fault they they were not born in a Western country but fortunate to attain positions (by whatever means) where they can earn extra incomes to lead a life style of Westerners. Why be jealous?

Edited by Onerak
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ericthai said:

Thai immigration keeps adding new visas, haven't seen any eliminated. Yes, qualifications and rules have changed for some visas over the past few decades but none have been removed.

The triple entry tourist visa was discontinued.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

Far better than the climate for retirees in the USA. The UK has the NHS. America has nothing. I could be safe living in the UK. Count your blessings.

Sorry it went over your head, I was actually referring to the climate.

Almost nobody qualifies for the 10 year visa. 

Ironically, those that do, could make better money, or afford better visas elsewhere.

It will be watered down greatly, or be granted with a few wads of green pushed at the right people.

I'm thinking the tedious annual hoops of the marriage visa is the best future option right now. 

Presently I'm not in country long enough to warrant more than tourist extensions,  so I get the best of both worlds.

Their new ten year visa has far stricter requirements than many more desirable destinations place on their similar options, so I wish them Chok Dee getting many takers!