Nearly 6 in 10 Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6 riot--poll

onthedarkside

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Georgia election investigation 'will send Donald Trump to jail': former Watergate prosecutor

According to former Watergate prosecutor Nick Akerman, he has no doubt that there is an ironclad case brewing in Georgia that will lead to an indictment and conviction of Donald Trump.

Speaking with MSNBC host Katie Phang, Akerman said the evidence is overwhelming that the former president tried to steal the election in the Peachtree state as evidenced by the phone call made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger demanding he find enough votes to secure the state's 16 Electoral College votes.

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-georgia-2657531189/

Lets hope so????

J Michael Luttig said what I tend to see is the reality of Trump MAGA, and Republican Party position in US politics today.

It seems to me as an observer, a man who has still some decent critical thinking available to him, that Luttig is spot-on. Others have echoed his solemn testimony to the J6 committee. Some of those 'others' being card carry Republicans (ex the Republican Senate (minus folks Like Cheney and Kinssinger).

I do not speak of the Democratic Party being that threat. Although I do see the Dem's are dysfunctional and compromised in their own ways e.g. lobbyist influence, using their positions of power to enrich themselves (insider trading scamming) and being slaves to the dysfunctional governmental/ industrialist system they represent, and being naive and so compromised in their ways as to not act with the integrity of say Sanders, who as an independent does.

However I would say that while there's lots to criticise Dem's about they are not seditionists where now the Republican Party so openly stand. 

I think of comments made by Michael Beschsloss (spelling?) on PBS yesterday when he said that (and I paraphrase) the the Nation is (and had not before since the Civil war) in a very dangerous ("grave" was one of the word he used) place with one Party, Trump and a large proportion of the nation supportive of an overthrowing of the rule of law and very likely moving deliberately to a mass armed open-conflict domestically as 2024 approaches. All promoted openly by the previous President of the United Sates of America himself!

I would say that there needs to be a lot of trials and if evidence sufficient to the law, to jail a lot, yes a lot, of prominent political, administrative, judicial, police, and some military figures who have been complicit in the conspiring by Trump and his close advisers to subvert a legal election and stage a coup.

Without such an exposing to the clear light of day and removal from positions of power through jailing, discrediting and disqualification via conviction then these seditionists will simply continue to conspire and plot the ending of whatever form of democracy the US purports to practice and revere.

The evidence shared so far seem to indicate Federal high-crimes have been committed by Trump, and while apart from his business dealing criminal investigations which also have been hinted at as significant, and from legal pundits, both will indeed be proven, and soon seen by the whole world at these dual streams of open trials.  

I cannot see how without sweeping, transparent airing and definitive actions to depose and disassemble Trump and Trumpism (which is polite, more palatable word for neo-Nazi fascism) and the Republican Party itself how the US can continue, and survive as a possibly viable democracy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Georgia election investigation 'will send Donald Trump to jail': former Watergate prosecutor

According to former Watergate prosecutor Nick Akerman, he has no doubt that there is an ironclad case brewing in Georgia that will lead to an indictment and conviction of Donald Trump.

Speaking with MSNBC host Katie Phang, Akerman said the evidence is overwhelming that the former president tried to steal the election in the Peachtree state as evidenced by the phone call made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger demanding he find enough votes to secure the state's 16 Electoral College votes.

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-georgia-2657531189/

Governor Kemp would pardon Trump after any conviction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Its alleged he committed crimes, big difference?

It is alleged he committed crimes. I would first like to se him indicted for those crimes. Then I would like to see him go on trial. If found guilty, as I strongly suspect he is, I would like to see him sentenced to time in prison.

Is that Ok with all the lawyers on this thread?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

It is interesting to me that whenever I ask any Trump supporter/apologist /defender whether they have contributed to Trump's campaign fund, the question seems to disappear into a black hole. Perhaps it reappears in the Trump alternative universe. You know, the one where lies, dishonesty and fraud are normal.

• Haha 1