Welcome to Thailand - where the customer is usually wrong!

webfact

6 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

We often ate in a Vietnamese Restaurant not far from home and they always give everyone a free pot of Salad to eat with their meal.    Last year i took a large Lettuce Leaf from the pot and found a Slug on it; so called the Waitress over and she took it away and brought another pot, all this in silence, no Wai or no Apology.    When we were ready to leave i asked to see The Manager but was told he wasn't there; so i gave the Girl my Phone Number and asked her to tell him we were regular customers and i wished to speak to him about 'The Slug'.    Never got a call; so we've never been back and tell everyone else never to go there.   Why are these people so Dumb when it comes to Customer Service ?

Why are people so dumb period?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yeah, and it proves the  lettuce is safe to eat....free of pesticides and harmful chemicals ....that would kill the slug. 

and last time I checked, slugs aren't poisonous. In a different pot it would be a delicacy.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

We often ate in a Vietnamese Restaurant not far from home and they always give everyone a free pot of Salad to eat with their meal.    Last year i took a large Lettuce Leaf from the pot and found a Slug on it; so called the Waitress over and she took it away and brought another pot, all this in silence, no Wai or no Apology.    When we were ready to leave i asked to see The Manager but was told he wasn't there; so i gave the Girl my Phone Number and asked her to tell him we were regular customers and i wished to speak to him about 'The Slug'.    Never got a call; so we've never been back and tell everyone else never to go there.   Why are these people so Dumb when it comes to Customer Service ?

they don't care you don't go back ....

you are just one customer 

Edited by steven100

7 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Every time I hear or read about how Thailand aspires to be like S. Korea, Japan or even Singapore I say not so fast.  In my experience even a complaint to a business in a polite and constructive manner can be perceived as an attack.  I see little sense of improving from mistakes, poor product and poor service.  Just more of the “Same, Same etc”.  

I have ordered steak only once in Thailand.   I asked for medium but it was served beyond well done and the outside was charred black.   I was not going to ask for another steak but the response to the polite and constructive feedback I got was in essence “you can leave after you pay”.  I paid the 900 Baht bill and walked out.  From that day on I have not ordered steak in Thailand and rarely do I go out to an expensive restaurant. 

“If you have no or low expectations, you will not be disappointed”.  

A good steak in Thailand is hard to find unfortunately. 

That is story of most restaurants, even though you see the food is nice and clean, it's not.
If you eat out try to chose a food that is not a risky food anyway. For example; I never eat raw vegetables or salad in any restaurant.    

Edited by The Theory

9 hours ago, mancub said:

"You don't have to eat here".

Sounds familiar ?.......... " You can always go home"

As some, who don't take kindly to any form of criticism, are fond of responding !

Isn't it obvious by now, complaining here get's you nothing.  Either learn to live with it or "You can always go home". 5555.

• Like 1

Ground pork at a local Lotus's was used to make pork burgers.  My wife made the patties and cooked the burgers.  I bit into one and came up with two strands of wire about 2 inches long.  I took this in a plastic baggie and told the meat department.  A supervisor came out, collected the baggie, and took down my phone number.  Nothing in two weeks.  I've lived here in Pran Buri since 2008.

Terry

3 minutes ago, Fortean1 said:

Ground pork at a local Lotus's was used to make pork burgers.  My wife made the patties and cooked the burgers.  I bit into one and came up with two strands of wire about 2 inches long.  I took this in a plastic baggie and told the meat department.  A supervisor came out, collected the baggie, and took down my phone number.  Nothing in two weeks.  I've lived here in Pran Buri since 2008.

Terry

he now has the evidence to hide from corporate you should have contacted

8 hours ago, Fortean1 said:

Terry

they are organizing a bunch of flowers & birds nest drink basket for you. 

One more problem - the 'limited' menu. Today spotted a small shop that had a sign 'Steak and Pizza'. Wife thought maybe buy a couple of steak meals to take away. Asked for 2 steaks, answer, "Not have, all steak gone". The pizzas were small and twice the price of the roadside stall outside the 7-11 across the road....... we didn't eat there! it was 5 p.m. ....... should have just been getting busy.

On 7/6/2022 at 6:07 PM, EricTh said:

I made two reviews on two different products that I ordered via Lazada recently.

The one company that had a good review from me was published while the other company didn't publish my bad review post.

It seems that Lazada isn't being totally honest with customers opinions by publishing only good reviews.

It's quite misleading

I don't check every review I make on Lazada, but I speak my mind for sure, good or bad. I've never seen my bad reviews deleted though. Also many products have multiple one or two star reviews.

Lazada controls the reviews, not the store though the store can respond.

Maybe it happens as you say but I have seen no evidence of it.

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

I don't check every review I make on Lazada, but I speak my mind for sure, good or bad. I've never seen my bad reviews deleted though. Also many products have multiple one or two star reviews.

Lazada controls the reviews, not the store though the store can respond.

Maybe it happens as you say but I have seen no evidence of it.

Yes, it was deleted because when I posted it, it was seen in public.

When it disappeared after 1 week, I posted again but it never appeared.