BREAKING NEWS ! Boris Johnson to resign as Prime Minister

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's completely untrue. They did not have rules that bananas could not be of an abnormal shape.

As the regulations I already quoted from above show, they simply said that bananas with full scale defects of shape were classified as "class 2."

It probably took the EU four years to regulate that. ????

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s no need to your self confessed ignorance of the ins and outs of what’s going on In ‘England’ persist, come visit and see for yourself.

The country is going down the pan, while the Government takes every opportunity to grasp the ‘post Brexit bonus’ of stripping workers rights, civil rights, strips back consumer protections and moves towards downgrading food safety and hygiene standards.

The fox is I charge of the henhouse.

And you think its only a problem in England????? Thanks for the laugh. I can assure you Europe has that all too. The difference is that you guys can still decide what happens in your own country. We in Europe can not anymore. So what you are talking about is bad government. Seems to me a big difference.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Seems to me you don’t know how the EU works.

But please come on over, get a close up look how post Brexit UK is working out.

Its not a pretty sight.

What part of the UK do you reside in, that has affected you....?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I was project manager on a small private hospital that we began in August 2009 and completed in November 2010.  The size is irrelevant though - it all depends on how many people you throw at it. With modern, semi-modular building methods, there is no need for a hospital to take several years to build. Semi-modular also makes changes and future adaptations relatively simple.

Conversely, can you tell me which of Boris's hospitals are underway - Boris's note, not ones that were already underway when he took over.

Boris was not building a small private hospital. Large public ones are the NHS model, not prefabs in a field. The job starts years before any project manager's boots hit the ground. Throwing people at it is also not the solution. You can throw nine women at a pregnancy but won't produce a baby in a month.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Try looking up sarcasm on Google.

It doesn't seem to follow - I can see your comment is sarcastic - hence you are sure I couldn't do better. So....you think that Boris's record of ineptitude is justified?

Edited by Thunglom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s none of your business what part of the UK I reside in.

But let’s be a bit broader and look at how others are fairing.

I volunteer at a food bank twice a week, I deliver good parcels to people who can’t afford to feed themselves and can’t get to the food bank to collect the food they need.

I see first hand, face to face, the poverty here. This place is falling apart.

In the past two months demand at the food bank has gone up and I’ve been asked if I can spare more time.

But there’s no need to go to a food bank to see how this place is falling apart.

The signs of this Government’s failure and the impact of this Government’s Brexit are everywhere to see, there’s no need to know what part of the UK it’s observed.

The country is facing a cost of living crisis, poverty is at a level not seen in living memory, homelessness is on the rise, the NHS is near collapse, the Police (what Police?), aren’t dealing with crime, the lost goes on.

Meanwhile the Tory Government PM is brought down by lies, which only put an end to his incompetence and corruption. The ruling party are st each other’s throats and when not stabbing each other in the back all they have to offer the nation is ‘Culture Wars’, scapegoating  immigrants and the finger.

No policies to help people, nothing.

How many years has the UK had food banks.....?

"No policies to help people, nothing", that is BS..................????

You want immigrants brought into the UK, yet you say the UK has nothing....????

9 minutes ago, transam said:

How many years has the UK had food banks.....?

"No policies to help people, nothing", that is BS..................????

You want immigrants brought into the UK, yet you say the UK has nothing....????

I’m sure I did mention scapegoating immigrants in the post you ‘responded’ to.

It’s a thing.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m sure I did mention scapegoating immigrants in the post you ‘responded’ to.

It’s a thing.

I will ask again, how many years has the UK had food banks....?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RayC said:

Thanks for posting the link.

You claim that Johnson should bear little responsibility for this failure? All of the following bridge related events happened either whilst Johnson was Mayor of London, as a result of his actions or with his agreement (taken from the article).

-------------------------

In December 2014, Boris Johnson approved the scheme to build the bridge,

Ongoing annual maintenance costs for the bridge between £2  - £3.5 would be paid by the GLA

The failed project cost £53m, including £43m of public money.

During the 2016–2017 review conducted by Dame Margaret Hodge for the Mayor of London, it was concluded that the appointments in 2013 (during the procurement process) "were not open, fair or competitive procurements … and [her review had] revealed systematic failures and ineffective control systems at many levels"

Hodge also concluded that the only parties to express support for the bridge were Boris Johnson, the Garden Bridge Trust (the prospective owner of the bridge) itself and the Evening Standard while, on the other hand, "hostility" to the bridge was "substantial"

In January 2017, the trustees of the Garden Bridge Trust (the limited company behind the project) said they were unable to conclude that the trust was a going concern.

^ in January 2017 , Siddiqui Khan was London Mayor 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's completely untrue. They did not have rules that bananas could not be of an abnormal shape.

As the regulations I already quoted from above show, they simply said that bananas with full scale defects of shape were to be classified as "class 2."

Bent bananas not a Euro-myth after all

"Yet it now turns out that, by the EU’s own admission, there were rules specifying the maximum permitted curvature of bananas. Now, Commission Regulation Number 2257/94, which lays down that bananas must be “free from abnormal curvature of the fingers”, is to be scrapped.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100610102213/http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/5705717/Bent_bananas_not_a_Euromyth_after_all/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I volunteer at a food bank twice a week, I deliver good parcels to people who can’t afford to feed themselves and can’t get to the food bank to collect the food they need.

I see first hand, face to face, the poverty here. This place is falling apart.

Well you would get that impression if you go to a food bank . 

I went to the Wimbledon tennis yesterday and the bars and restaurants were full of people in designer clothes all feasting in expensive pubs and restaurants and Ferraris and Porches driving around everywhere 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

If you can't tell the difference between having one meal with campaign workers during a meeting held as part of election campaigning, which police decided was not a breach of the rules as it was clearly work-related, and a series of close to twenty boozy, drinks-filled parties held on a regular basis, week after week, for no other reason than to drink and socialize, which led to a total of 126 fines being issued to 83 individuals, then I would have to have serious doubts about your powers of analysis.

I do freely admit that I havent studied both cases in depth .

I haven't been sitting at home following and taking interest in what two other people were doing over Christmas in another part of the World . 

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I would but it’s against the forum rules ????

I am quite certain  that it isn't against any forum rules to state whether you either ever have or have not made a rude hand gesture to anyone .

You are writing untrue thigs in order to avoid answering the question .

If you are correct and being honest , which forum rule are you referring to ?