LTR Visa is Now available for Long Term Residency

3 hours ago, Misty said:

Thanks @aublumberg, good to know that you've been back and forth a couple of times with at most a 15 min wait.  One difference is that you do have the sticker from the HK consulate in your passport. For the LTR e-visa, all I have is a paper print-out. So there's nothing in my passport except for the small entry stamp.  I could always carry the print-out folded up in my passport, but for expediency/clarity will see if there's some official looking stamp the BoI can put in the passport as well. 

Are the Thai e-visas using QR codes?

2 minutes ago, Misty said:

I had a pleasant trip to the BoI office at Chamchuri Square today. My first visit, and it really was a contrast to recent years experiences at CW. 

What I learned:

* Regarding stamps in passports, LTR e-visa holders do not get or need any additional re-entry stamps. The LTR e-visa itself (digital pdf and/or print-out) is the equivalent to a stamp in the passport.  On the LTR e-visa, it clearly says "multiple entry" and apparently that is all that is needed. The BoI staff suggested I keep a copy folded up in my passport when I travel internationally. The first test for me will be going to Malaysia through Don Muang airport.

* Regarding my digital work permit application, the glitches and bugs have been sort out, or at least partially.  Apparently the problems mainly are for those of us who applied for the LTR program in Sep. BoI says anyone applying now should be able to get a combined LTR visa/digital work permit fairly quickly.  However, the BoI staff were very helpful in sorting out the remaining problems while I was at their office. I brought a laptop and all the digital documents with me, they had some of the IT staff check as I uploaded documents and make changes or suggestions as needed.  In the end I think we were successful in submitting everything and I should hear back within a day or two. But given the bugs that remain, I don't think this could have been done in a phone call.

@Misty Thank you for the update on your trip out to the BOI LTR Unit.  As you mentioned, and I agree 100%, I don't think what you accomplished today, and what I accomplished last week, could have been done in a phone call.  I have not yet checked my status on the website yet as I am not near a computer and am using my cell to write this.  As soon as I see a change I will give an update as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Misty said:

On the LTR e-visa, it clearly says "multiple entry" and apparently that is all that is needed.

Of course, it also says "multiple entry" on the rubber stamp visa issued at the One Stop Center, and yet Immigration somehow still finds it necessary to fill up two pages of the passport with additional stamps...! 

• Haha 1

Can someone help with this? I gave a 12 month travel insurance with unlimited. Does it mean i need to get 5 year insurance? im confused by the entire course of stay.. ill be in and out every few months.. so i need a 5 year or 10 year insurance? Are there any links for a cheap one?

Since the insurance is Travel insurance for a single trip, please provide Health insurance with policy covering entire course of stay in Thailand, with coverage for hospitalization treatment of no less than 50,000 USD and the remaining period of no less than 10 months (please show the duration of the policy on the certification you will provide) OR evidence showing valid social security benefits which insures hospitalization and treatment in Thailand OR financial evidence showing a deposit of no less than 100,000 USD in a bank account which has been held for no less than 12 months at the time of application

50 minutes ago, lextsy said:

Can someone help with this? I gave a 12 month travel insurance with unlimited. Does it mean i need to get 5 year insurance? im confused by the entire course of stay.. ill be in and out every few months.. so i need a 5 year or 10 year insurance? Are there any links for a cheap one?

Since the insurance is Travel insurance for a single trip, please provide Health insurance with policy covering entire course of stay in Thailand, with coverage for hospitalization treatment of no less than 50,000 USD and the remaining period of no less than 10 months (please show the duration of the policy on the certification you will provide) OR evidence showing valid social security benefits which insures hospitalization and treatment in Thailand OR financial evidence showing a deposit of no less than 100,000 USD in a bank account which has been held for no less than 12 months at the time of application

Just need a 1 year policy which is for 50k USD starting either just prior to your arrival or on your arrival date and good for a minimum of 10 months if it has already started.

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just need a 1 year policy which is for 50k USD starting either just prior to your arrival or on your arrival date and good for a minimum of 10 months if it has already started.

Now  i dont know what to do. They obviously have an issue with the "Single Trip" and stated that if i left thailand, it would not be active which is their issues....

image.png.9e1172aff8c21f10a2ac88722e44c843.png

36 minutes ago, lextsy said:

Now  i dont know what to do. They obviously have an issue with the "Single Trip" and stated that if i left thailand, it would not be active which is their issues....

Are you already approved for LTR now in principle?  Otherwise best just to wait with health insurance to avoid potentially wasting your money because who knows if you will actually get approved.

Edited by K2938
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lextsy said:

image.png.9e1172aff8c21f10a2ac88722e44c843.png

Yes you need a full year policy.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, K2938 said:

Are you already approved for LTR now in principle?  Otherwise best just to wait with health insurance to avoid potentially wasting your money because who knows if you will actually get approved.

I applied on the 31st October and today i was approved based on insurance.

I have a certificate of insurance covering a 1 year trip overseas with following conditions. 

Overseas Travel Policy: This certificate is to confirm you have activated cover under the Group Policy as the cardholder of an eligible credit card.

Upgrades: The Existing Medical Condition cover only applies to the travel dates listed on this Certificate of Insurance. For future trips, you will need to activate your insurance for each trip and reapply for Existing Medical Condition cover. This certificate is a receipt for monies received by Cover‐More Insurance Services Pty Ltd ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713 (Cover‐More) on behalf of the insurer. Cover‐More acts as an agent of the insurer. The premium paid includes Stamp Duty and GST where applicable. All amounts are in Australian dollars.

image.png.be24e87f10adfd0410b29707128d17ed.png

Should this be eligible? The only thing i can see which is why they are denying it is that im not covered when im not there...

Edited by lextsy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, lextsy said:

I applied on the 31st October and today i was approved based on insurance.

I have a certificate of insurance covering a 1 year trip overseas with following conditions. 

Overseas Travel Policy: This certificate is to confirm you have activated cover under the Group Policy as the cardholder of an eligible credit card.

Upgrades: The Existing Medical Condition cover only applies to the travel dates listed on this Certificate of Insurance. For future trips, you will need to activate your insurance for each trip and reapply for Existing Medical Condition cover. This certificate is a receipt for monies received by Cover‐More Insurance Services Pty Ltd ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713 (Cover‐More) on behalf of the insurer. Cover‐More acts as an agent of the insurer. The premium paid includes Stamp Duty and GST where applicable. All amounts are in Australian dollars.

image.png.be24e87f10adfd0410b29707128d17ed.png

Should this be eligible? The only thing i can see which is why they are denying it is that im not covered when im not there...

I don't know if that policy would be eligible, but another poster on this thread, I think it may have been @JimGant suggested purchasing an LMG insurance policy as an affordable option.  It looks like LMG has a policy called "Long Stay VISA Plus Premium Plan " where you can keep the premium low by choosing a high deductible.  By the policy name my guess is that it's intended to meet the requirements for people applying for Thai visas such as Non OA and LTR. If you need a policy, suggest giving LMG a call and asking about it.

All I did get approved after a nice chat with the lady.

Essentially I have 12 months cover every time i depart Australia which has sufficed.

You can add me to the list:

Dear Mr. LEXTSY,
Since we have checked your health insurance policy, now your application is approved.
However, your health insurance will be active on 01/01/2023. Your application will be able to reach the pre-approve step once your health insurance is active. Thus, you will see the update on your LTR Visa application's process again after 01/01/2023.

Date of Application: 3rd Nov

Date of Approval: Wed 21st Dec (But will be done in system from 1st January)

Edited by lextsy
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Misty said:

By the policy name my guess is that it's intended to meet the requirements for people applying for Thai visas such as Non OA and LTR. If you need a policy, suggest giving LMG a call and asking about it.

More for OA and/or OK as they offer a 100k policy, while only 50k are required for LTR. Not sure it would make much of a difference once the higher deductibles would get factored in.

4 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

More for OA and/or OK as they offer a 100k policy, while only 50k are required for LTR. Not sure it would make much of a difference once the higher deductibles would get factored in.

They don't seem to have a policy specifically for LTR, just "long term visa", however as you note the deductibles can be quite high, making the premium pretty low. So just another option for anyone who may need it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can someone kindly explain my options as an Australian to get my Visa? I know the price is 3k AUD here in Sydney and only 50k baht in thailand. Can i choose? Is it online?

Im flying into thailand on the 24th so both are an option.

15 hours ago, lextsy said:

Can someone kindly explain my options as an Australian to get my Visa? I know the price is 3k AUD here in Sydney and only 50k baht in thailand. Can i choose? Is it online?

Im flying into thailand on the 24th so both are an option.

After LTR approval there should be an email coming that asks you to select online where you want to receive the visa, either in Bangkok or an overseas Royal Thai Embassy.

This is what they sent me early October, process may have changed now.

2. CHOOSE THE LOCATION FOR LTR VISA ISSUANCE

Please update the information about the place you would like to collect the visa from [Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General or One Stop Service for Visa and Work Permit Center (OSS), 18th floor, Chamchuri Square Building, Bangkok.]

For visa issuance at One Stop Service for Visa and Work Permit Center (OSS), please update the information of your latest arrival in Thailand (for the immigration purpose).

Edited by aublumberg
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aublumberg said:

After LTR approval there should be an email coming that asks you to select online where you want to receive the visa, either in Bangkok or an overseas Royal Thai Embassy.

This is what they sent me early October, process may have changed now.

2. CHOOSE THE LOCATION FOR LTR VISA ISSUANCE

Please update the information about the place you would like to collect the visa from [Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General or One Stop Service for Visa and Work Permit Center (OSS), 18th floor, Chamchuri Square Building, Bangkok.]

For visa issuance at One Stop Service for Visa and Work Permit Center (OSS), please update the information of your latest arrival in Thailand (for the immigration purpose).

Excellent information thank you.

If I select it in Bangkok we have 30 days to collect? Did you notice a time limit?

I notice its $3000AUD or 70k baht in sydney, and only 50k baht in thailand but my trip maybe 40 days away when its issued.

1 hour ago, aublumberg said:

Ouch ... I guess the IT issues remain an ongoing challenge.

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 12.24.54.png

Yup! Was at the LTR unit to collect a digital work permit today when this happened..... eventually successful.  Will post more later.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/6/2022 at 12:52 PM, ThailandRyan said:

I would.  I called this morning and confirmed mine.  Then downloaded the two forms and completed them.  I just returned from having my photos taken.  Everything is copied and ready for my appointment tomorrow.  I will report back then.  I know someone was going to pop in today, maybe they will report back.

Here are links to the two needed forms.

https://ltr.boi.go.th/documents/TM94_Form_Immigration.pdf

https://ltr.boi.go.th/documents/STM8_Immigration.pdf

This links don't work....at least now....at least for me.   

Do you (or anyone who has been approved) have new links or blank TM94 and STM8 forms you could upload? 

Thanks.

On 12/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, aublumberg said:

In the email to me early Oct it stated 60 days but not sure how strictly that would be enforced. Full details below. Again, their procedure may have changed by now, this was early Oct 2022.

3. MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR LTR VISA ISSUANCE

Once the Notification Letter for Qualifications Endorsement has been issued (within 1-2 working days after the additional documents and updated information have been submitted and considered valid), please make an appointment for the LTR Visa issuance at One Stop Service for Visa and Work Permit Center (OSS), 18th floor, Chamchuri Square Building, Bangkok via LTR Visa application system or contact the Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General in case of making the appointment for visa issuance overseas*.

Please note that the result of the qualifications endorsement for LTR Visa is valid for a period of 60 days upon receiving this email. Therefore, please collect the visa before the result expires, otherwise you must apply for the qualifications endorsement again.

* E-Visa is available only in some Embassies/Consulates. To check if it’s available in your area of residency, please go to www.thaievisa.go.th . Moreover applicant must apply for e-Visa via a specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. The applicant is required to upload documents that can verify his/her current residency.

4. COLLECT YOUR LTR VISA              

4.1 Procedures for visa issuance at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS)

1. Please prepare the documents, print out and fill in the immigration forms as follows, and bring them with you on the appointment date.

1. Passport or document in lieu of passport of an applicant and a copy of passport or document in lieu of passport
  2. Passport or document in lieu of passport of the main LTR Visa holder and a copy of passport or document in lieu of passport (for dependants)
  3. Copy of documents proving relationship such as a marriage certificate, registration of child legitimization, household registration certificate or child adoption registration certificate, or other evidence from the government or relevant agency (for dependants)
  4. Application form for LTR Visa (TM.94)
  5. One passport size photo (4 cm x 6 cm) * white background, dressed in business attire (t-shirt is not allowed) without wearing glasses or headgear, taken within 6 months (a photocopy or poor quality photos will not be accepted)
  6. Notification Letter from the Board of Investment to the Immigration Bureau within 60 days from the issuance date of the endorsement letter
  7. Criteria and Conditions Acknowledgement Form for a Temporary Stay Permit in the Kingdom (LTR Visa) (STM.8)

2. Please be on time for your visa issuance appointment and bring with you the abovementioned documents. Contact the LTR visa staff at the reception counter of the One Start One Stop Investment Center (OSOS) for the documentation check.

For applicants who have applied for Digital Work Permit, please print out the appointment confirmation document and the payment form from the LTR Visa system and bring them with you on the appointment date (in addition to the Immigration forms mentioned above) for Digital Work Permit issuance.

3. Follow the LTR visa staff’s guidance to receive LTR Visa from the Immigration and Digital Work Permit from the Department of Employment.

*Please prepare the visa processing fee on the appointment date as follows.

LTR Visa processing fee - 50,000 THB per person per 10 years

Digital Work Permit processing fee - 3,000 THB per person per one year

4.2 Procedures for visa issuance at Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General

For Visa Sticker

1. Kindly contact Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General of your choice to make an appointment for visa issuance

2. Please prepare the documents, print out and fill in the forms as follows and bring them with you on the appointment date.

a. Passport with the remaining validity of no less than 6 months

b. Notification Letter for Qualifications Endorsement from BOI with has been issued for no more than 60 days

c. Copy of documents proving relationship such as a marriage certificate, registration of child legitimization (for dependents)

d. Visa application form

3. Follow the guidance of a consular officer at each Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General to receive your LTR Visa on your passport.

Visa Fee : LTR visa processing fee at each Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General is based on the fee in Thailand (50,000 THB per person per 10 years), but may vary and is usually more than the fee in Thailand, depending on the currency rate and the additional fee which might be applied in some countries.

For e-Visa

1. Please submit the following documents via www.thaievisa.go.th

a. Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document

b. Declaration

c. Photograph *taken within the last six months. If the photograph does not reflect your current appearance, you may be refused to enter the Kingdom of Thailand

d. Letter from BOI

e. Other documents as required

2. E-visa will be issued and be notified via email and your e-Visa account

Visa Fee : LTR visa processing fee at each Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General is based on the fee in Thailand (50,000 THB per person per 10 years), but may vary and is usually more than the fee in Thailand, depending on the currency rate and the additional fee which might be applied in some countries.

Note: This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply to this email.

The wording has changed somewhat, but the timeframe for getting the visa is still 60 days from the day they give the "endorsement of qualifications" (I just received this today):

2. MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR LTR VISA ISSUANCE

If the information and documents submitted in step 1. are considered complete and valid, applicants will receive an email informing you that your application has been approved for LTR Visa issuance. Then please make an appointment for LTR visa issuance in Thailand or make an arrangement for LTR visa issuance overseas by following the instructions below.

1. In case of LTR visa issuance at OSS in Bangkok, your status now will be changed to Status: Visa/ WP Issuance Pre-approved. You can make an appointment for the LTR Visa issuance via LTR Visa application system and then print out the Notification of qualification endorsement for Long-Term Resident Visa, TM.94 form, STM.8 form and the appointment confirmation document / processing fee payment form from the system. Please note that the result of the qualifications endorsement for LTR Visa is valid for a period of 60 days after the Notification of qualification endorsement for Long-Term Resident Visa is issued. Therefore, please make an appointment and collect the visa before the result expires, otherwise you must apply for the qualifications endorsement again.

2. In case of LTR visa issuance at Thai embassies or consulate generals overseas, your status now will be changed to Status: Final approval. You can contact the Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General or visit e-Visa* website to make an arrangement for visa issuance overseas*

*Note:

1. Please follow the instructions in No.4 COLLECT YOUR LTR VISA AT ROYAL THAI EMBASSY/CONSULATE-GENERAL FOR VISA ISSUANCE OVERSEAS

2. E-Visa is available only in some Embassies/Consulates. To check if it's available in your area of residency, please go to www.thaievisa.go.th . Moreover applicant must apply for e-Visa via a specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. The applicant is required to upload documents that can verify his/her current residency.

3. COLLECT YOUR LTR VISA AT ONE STOP CENTER FOR VISA AND WORK PERMIT (BANGKOK)

Once the appointment for visa issuance at OSS has been made, the status will be changed to Status: Appointment. Please prepare ALL the following required documents and fee prior to the appointment date to present to the immigration and the Department of Employment and bring them with you on the appointment date*.

1) Documents to be retrieved and printed out from LTR Visa application system

A. Application Form for LTR Visa (TM.94 Form) – must be printed double-sided and signed

B. Appointment confirmation document and LTR Visa processing fee payment form and Digital Work Permit fee payment form (in case you applied for the Digital Work Permit)

C. Criteria and Conditions Acknowledgement Form for a Temporary Stay Permit in the Kingdom (LTR Visa) (STM.8 Form) – must be print double-sided and signed

D. The Notification of qualification endorsement for Long-Term Resident Visa (valid within 60 days from the issuance date of the letter)

2) Other required documents and fee

E. Original and photocopy of passport pages (biodata page and pages with visas and stamps) of yourself and your dependents* who wish to receive the visa on the same appointment date

- Biodata page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.

- Current visa which has been terminated with the remaining permission to stay sufficient for LTR Visa issuance

- Last entry stamp of immigration

- Last extension of visa

- E-Visa (if any)

- The initial Thai visa used to enter Thailand (in case you have changed a visa type in Thailand before changing to the current visa type)

F. Photocopy of documents proving relationship such as a marriage certificate AND the original and photocopy of Kor.Ror. 2 form (in case of a foreigner married to a Thai citizen), registration of child legitimization, household registration certificate or child adoption registration certificate, or other evidence from the government or relevant agency (for dependants) (in case of a Thai spouse

G. One passport size photo (4 cm x 6 cm) (white background, dressed in business attire (t-shirt is not allowed) without wearing glasses or headgear, taken within 6 months (a photocopy or poor quality photos will not be accepted)

H. Original and photocopy of TM.6* (front of your arrival/departure card) (in case you have entered Thailand before July 1st, 2022 or entered through the immigration control at land border checkpoints and have received TM. 6 card)

I. Original and photocopy of TM.47*’s receipt of notification (previous notifications of staying over 90 days) (if any)

J. The LTR Visa processing fee of 50,000 THB per person per 10 years and the Digital Work Permit processing fee (for applicants who applied for Digital Work Permit only). The total work permit fee can be seen on the work permit payment form. The total fee is calculated base on the annual fee of 3,000 THB per person per 1 year) – Acceptable and preferred payment option is Thai mobile banking (QR code scanning). Cash is only acceptable if the foreigner does not have a Thai bank account

*Note:

1. For the visa issuance steps at OSS, click here

2. Dependents who receive the visa on a different date, must also bring the original passport of the main LTR visa holder

3. If you have lost TM6 or TM.47’s receipt or you have passed the 90 days limit without making the 90-day reporting, you must get a police notice from any police station before the appointment and pay fine 2,000 Baht (fine applies only in case of failing to make the 90-day report) to the immigration on the appointment date

4. COLLECT YOUR LTR VISA AT ROYAL THAI EMBASSY/CONSULATE-GENERAL

For Visa Sticker

1. Kindly contact Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General of your choice to make an appointment for visa issuance

2. Please prepare the documents including the Notification of qualification endorsement for Long-Term Resident Visa, print out and fill in the forms as follows and bring them with you on the appointment date.

1. Passport with the remaining validity of no less than 6 months
  2. Notification Letter for Qualifications Endorsement from BOI with has been issued for no more than 60 days
  3. Copy of documents proving relationship such as a marriage certificate, registration of child legitimization (for dependents)
  4. Visa application form

3. Follow the guidance of a consular officer at each Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General to receive your LTR Visa on your passport.

Visa Fee : LTR visa processing fee at each Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General is based on the fee in Thailand (50,000 THB per person per 10 years), but may vary and considerably be more expensive than the fee of 50,000 THB per person per 10 years, depending on the currency rate and the additional fee which might be applied in some countries.

For e-Visa

1. Please submit the following documents via www.thaievisa.go.th

1. Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document
  2. Declaration
  3. Photograph *taken within the last six months. If the photograph does not reflect your current appearance, you may be refused to enter the Kingdom of Thailand
  4. the Notification of qualification endorsement for Long-Term Resident Visa
  5. Other documents as required

2. E-visa will be issued and be notified via email and your e-Visa account

Visa Fee : LTR visa processing fee at each Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General is based on the fee in Thailand (50,000 THB per person per 10 years), but may vary and considerably be more expensive than the fee of 50,000 THB per person per 10 years, depending on the currency rate and the additional fee which might be applied in some countries.

For more information, please visit https://ltr.boi.go.th/index.html or email: [email protected] or call 0 2 209 1109-1110

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

I just received this today

So I take it you got approved.  Congratulations!  May I ask when you originally applied?  Asking because apart from some positive exceptions the delays seem to be getting longer and longer