LTR Visa is Now available for Long Term Residency

21 hours ago, at92uk said:

- For this type of Visa, do I need to meet ALL the criteria or just one?

Not sure I understand.  You need to meet all the criteria for your LTR type

- One of the required documents is the "Annual personal income tax return". As far as I know, in the UK we'd only do this if you're self employed? I'm employed by a company (not mine) what would I need to provide here?

Explain the situation and provide the next best thing instead

Hey guys I'm looking for some clarifications regarding the "Work from thailand professionals" LTR. I've tried to search in the forum but didn't get any appropriate results.

- For this type of Visa, do I need to meet ALL the criteria or just one?

- One of the required documents is the "Annual personal income tax return". As far as I know, in the UK we'd only do this if you're self employed? I'm employed by a company (not mine) what would I need to provide here?

Yes, you must meet all criteria although some individual criteria can be met in different ways like income level and health insurance.

Regarding "Annual Personal Income Tat Return" if such a form is not routinely used in a country like the UK I expect a tax transcript type document like a UK P60 form would work as the P60 is suppose to show wages/earning, taxes paid, etc., according to my googling.  

https://www.gov.uk/paye-forms-p45-p60-p11d/p60

https://www.goforma.com/tax/what-is-p60-form

Other income evidence would probably be acceptable.....hopefully a UK person who has successfully applied for an LTR will give an answer/recommendations.

As a US person I do have to file a tax return regardless of where I live in the world (most US people do unless income falls below a certain level) and a US person can also get a "tax transcript" from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that is basically an IRS confirmation you did file a tax return which they processed....the tax transcript is really not very "layman" friendly but it does show all income, taxes, deductions, credits, etc., associated with your tax return.   

But at the same time a person's tax return/transcript might not show all income like in the case of some govt pensions such a U.S. Veteran's Administration (VA) pension/benefit that are 100% tax free, non-reportable on a tax return and the the VA does not provide an tax docs for an annual tax return because by law the VA benefits/pension is non-taxable.   But as mentioned each country used different forms and methods to report annual income and taxes, has different tax laws as to what is taxable/reportable......all you can do is provide the best available documents you have to prove your gross income.   Remember, they are looking for "gross" income and not "net" income.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K2938 said:

Not sure I understand.  You need to meet all the criteria for your LTR type

Explain the situation and provide the next best thing instead

4 hours ago, Pib said:

Yes, you must meet all criteria although some individual criteria can be met in different ways like income level and health insurance.

Thank you both, I got confused because when you visit the website here https://ltr.boi.go.th/#type only the "Wealthy Global Citizen" mentions "Applicants must fulfill all of the above requirements to be eligible". Then when I went to check the list of required documents here https://ltr.boi.go.th/documents/Work-From-Thailand-Professional-required-documents.pdf the item "An audited corporate’s annual financial statement or financial report in the last 3 years" is marked with the "triangle" symbol which would indicated it's optional.

I meet all the criteria except the nonsense about the public company or company revenue ????

43 minutes ago, at92uk said:

Thank you both, I got confused because when you visit the website here https://ltr.boi.go.th/#type only the "Wealthy Global Citizen" mentions "Applicants must fulfill all of the above requirements to be eligible". Then when I went to check the list of required documents here https://ltr.boi.go.th/documents/Work-From-Thailand-Professional-required-documents.pdf the item "An audited corporate’s annual financial statement or financial report in the last 3 years" is marked with the "triangle" symbol which would indicated it's optional.

I meet all the criteria except the nonsense about the public company or company revenue ????

Yea....that one statement in red (snapshot below) only under the Wealthy Global Citizen requirements could  imply other LTR categories like Work From Thailand Professional category might not have to meet all requirements.   Seems the BoI should put a similar statement in red under all categories if they really want to point out "all" requirements must be met regardless of type of LTR applying for.  

image.png.42e9f12e5148bac15b7b4354364061dc.png

There are actually quite a few "little things" on the LTR website, online application form, and manual application form that seem to conflict somewhat....hopefully they cleanup those conflicts sooner or later....and they have been making wording and software updates to their website to hopefully make it a better website and speedup processing of LTR applications.    

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

MY LTRWFT application status is changed to Qualification Approved

Please upload the remaining documents and update additional information in order to proceed with the visa issuance

Can we get e-Visa  for this  ?

Congratulations! Others in this thread have reported getting an LTR e-visa, so it should be possible if the Thai embassy in your country is part of the e-visa program. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, anotherexpat4444 said:
On 12/7/2022 at 11:48 AM, Pib said:

So what changed with your insurance?  Did you buy a new policy over the last few days, self insure, etc.  Before you were saying your application was hung up due to insurance.

I  sent them my 401 k  details before 3 week .  so I called them thinking give it a last try to see if i can get  any alternative choice with my 401 k  . and the officer was so nice she immediately look into the past emails and told that she will check it and work on approving my application

This is interesting, because a friend of mine received a request for insurance info last week, despite having already uploaded it with his initial application. 

He submitted a letter explaining further that his group health insurance as a retired US Government employee has unlimited coverage and is valid for life - something that BoI could easily verify with a simple internet search - along with brokerage statements showing over $800k in liquid investments. Almost immediately, they sent back the exact same request, but with the additional sentence "Please note investment account could not considered instead of health insurance document."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Congratulations! Others in this thread have reported getting an LTR e-visa, so it should be possible if the Thai embassy in your country is part of the e-visa program. 

Thank you . my nearest consulate (not very near) is Los Angeles.  but I see on the vissa issuance page . it only shows 2 option

1- overseas Thai embassy or consulate 

2- Thailand.

I dont see a e-Visa option here.  any  thoughts

15 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

Thank you . my nearest consulate (not very near) is Los Angeles.  but I see on the vissa issuance page . it only shows 2 option

1- overseas Thai embassy or consulate 

2- Thailand.

I dont see a e-Visa option here.  any  thoughts

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

Scroll down to Visa Categories and it's the last one listed.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, khunjeff said:

This is interesting, because a friend of mine received a request for insurance info last week, despite having already uploaded it with his initial application. 

He submitted a letter explaining further that his group health insurance as a retired US Government employee has unlimited coverage and is valid for life - something that BoI could easily verify with a simple internet search - along with brokerage statements showing over $800k in liquid investments. Almost immediately, they sent back the exact same request, but with the additional sentence "Please note investment account could not considered instead of health insurance document."

Not seeing the actual application your friend submitted it may be that they selected 'Option 1' which requires health insurance with the 10-month validity 'gotcha' or 'Option 2'  that requires a form of Social Security that includes health care (not sure if anyone has gotten BOI to accept TriCare or the civilian version of Tricare).   

To have one's liquid assets considered (not sure what form their assets take - mine were in U.S. IRAs).  To have the BOI consider assets, one needs to select 'Option 3' and leave 'Option 1' and/or 'Option 2' unselected.

Wealthy-Pensioner p 3.pdf

Edited by mudcat
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Almost immediately, they sent back the exact same request, but with the additional sentence "Please note investment account could not considered instead of health insurance document."

Earlier on in this thread there was also at least one other person where they accepted investment accounts.  So seems to depend on the mood of the screener. 

But if your screener did not like the investment account, then you could just sell 100k USD of your investments, show them you have 100k USD in cash and done.  So easy to circumvent.  Or you could even take a margin loan for a day which would spare you from having to temporarily sell part of your investments.

14 hours ago, Misty said:

It sounds like you've received the final approval and are on the BoI site now.  Congratulations!

Choose 1 - this is the selection for telling the BoI that you wish to receive the visa outside of Thailand. (2 is if you're in Thailand and will go in person to the BoI's Bangkok office.)  If you are in a place where e-visas are issued (such as the US), then it will automatically be an e-visa.  If not, then you would need to apply in person at the consulate.

After making this selection, you'll receive the Notification Letter from the BoI addressed to the overseas consulate.  You'll need this letter to apply for the e-visa.  Once you have the Notification Letter, you then go to https://www.thaievisa.go.th/   to start the e-visa application process.

applied for evisa . made the payment 1600$ . 

Now how long does it normally it take to get the actual eVisa .   Hoping to travel before christmas holiday starts .. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, K2938 said:

So one can only hope that in view of the hugely underwhelming demand for this visa, the BOI changes this.  Maybe the people who were approved based on investments also benefited from this.

Based on the govt's target of 1 million approved applications over 5 years (which is 200K applications per year or 16.7K per month)  in comparison to the actual number of applications being received (apparently less than 2K in approx 3 months with maybe only 25% being approved) even the "hugely underwhelming" description does not seem to accurately describe how not-popular this new visa has been so far.   Even "....attracted a rather measly amount of applications..." from a very recent news article (at bottom) seems to fall short.

The govt is definitely going to have to make changes, add flexibility, etc., if they want this new visa to take off versus just very slowly taxing around on the runway right now.  But I really don't see any significant requirement changes occurring soon due to "save face" thinking and an upcoming election early next year.  

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/visa/thailands-10-year-ltr-visa-most-popular-among-americans-and-chinese

In three months, the LTR visa has attracted a rather measly amount of applications…

“Since the launch on September 1, up until the present, over 1,600 applicants have submitted applications,” said Narit during an interview in Tokyo, Japan, this week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Based on the govt's target of 1 million approved applications over 5 years (which is 200K applications per year or 16.7K per month)  in comparison to the actual number of applications being received (apparently less than 2K in approx 3 months with maybe only 25% being approved) even the "hugely underwhelming" description does not seem to accurately describe how not-popular this new visa has been so far.   Even "....attracted a rather measly amount of applications..." from a very recent news article (at bottom) seems to fall short.

... and just imagine what would have happened to the processing speed of applications which already now is very far below the promised 20 business days if the expected application rate had materialised

Edited by K2938
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

applied for evisa . made the payment 1600$ . 

Now how long does it normally it take to get the actual eVisa .   Hoping to travel before christmas holiday starts .. 

Unfortunately not sure we have many data points yet.  For me, the NY consulate said up to "15 working days" via FB message, but then they ended up approving and emailing it the same day I made the LTR e-visa application. 

Maybe shoot LA consulate a FB message and let them know you've applied.  Ask if they might be able to approve in time for holiday travel.

So checking my screen again to see what has changed as far as the status goes it now says Return Pre-approved....what exactly are they indicating.  I still can not add my dependent using another application as it keeps giving me a pop up.  I am in BKK now and will head over to BOI in the morning to see what is going on.  I already have my LTRWP visa and my status screen should show completed.  Whatever the glitch is is will not let me create the second account.  Weird.

image.png.461c76af1ce24be0841d443e2de09530.png

image.png.f96daaba96426eebf94208b7c799b423.png

Going back into my application I have 4 new document request notifications, for which I do not need and did not apply for a work permit

image.png.83e0ac7a99266e9fc7cf17b56b2c189e.png

These just appeared today on my app on the 4th and final page for uploading documents. As you all know I received my actual LTR visa and was stamped into the country on October 7th.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So checking my screen again to see what has changed as far as the status goes it now says Return Pre-approved....what exactly are the indicating.  I still can not add my dependent using another application as it keeps giving me a pop up.  I am in BKK now and will head over to BOI in the morning to see what is going on.  I already have my LTRWP visa and my status screen should show completed.  Whatever the glitch is is will not let me create the second account.  Weird.

Going back into my application I have 3 new notifications, of which I do not and did not apply for a work permit

These just appeared today on my app on the 4th and final page for uploading documents.

I started seeing those red text notifications/links o/a 8-10 Dec when apparently BoI did another software update which is also when those folks who were showing "Pending" status started showing "Consideration by Govt Agencies."  Basically a "renaming" of status.  My application is still under consideration just like it been for 1.5 months. 

Expect what you are seeing is all part of that recent software update and we are all noticing these changes at different times depending on how often a person looks and/or how thoroughly the person looks at the various screens associated with a person's application.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Pib said:

I started seeing those red text notifications/links o/a 8-10 Dec when apparently BoI did another software update which is also when those folks who were showing "Pending" status started showing "Consideration by Govt Agencies."  Basically a "renaming" of status.  My application is still under consideration just like it been for 1.5 months. 

Expect what you are seeing is all part of that recent software update and we are all noticing these changes at different times depending on how often a person looks and/or how thoroughly the person looks at the various screens associated with a person's application.

My concern is that the program may see my application as still not being completed and until it is the system will not allow me to add my dependent.  All of the previous 2 screens, obviously not Step1, will not let me add any information or delete anything. This box was checked "No" at first and I declined a work permit, Now its marked "Yes" so I wonder if that is the glitch and will take a programmer to release my application so it can be adjusted.

image.png.89628752ec9302c544fca3e2c3bc9d89.png

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My concern is that the program may see my application as still not being completed and until it is the system will not allow me to add my dependent.  

I expect this is indeed the problem.  And visiting BoI is the only way to get it resolved anytime soon.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So checking my screen again to see what has changed as far as the status goes it now says Return Pre-approved....what exactly are they indicating.  I still can not add my dependent using another application as it keeps giving me a pop up.  I am in BKK now and will head over to BOI in the morning to see what is going on.  I already have my LTRWP visa and my status screen should show completed.  Whatever the glitch is is will not let me create the second account.  Weird.

Going back into my application I have 4 new document request notifications, for which I do not need and did not apply for a work permit

These just appeared today on my app on the 4th and final page for uploading documents. As you all know I received my actual LTR visa and was stamped into the country on October 7th.

Not sure what is happening with your account in the above screens, but in terms of getting an LTR-O visa for your dependent, have you already started a brand new, separate account for them?  You'd be creating an entirely different login and LTR-O application.  It would not be inside your account. 

Just now, Misty said:

Not sure what is happening with your account in the above screens, but in terms of getting an LTR-O visa for your dependent, have you already started a brand new, separate account for them?  You'd be creating an entirely different login and LTR-O application.  It would not be inside your account. 

I created the account but when I list my LTRWP number it gives me the pop up I showed above....

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I created the account but when I list my LTRWP number it gives me the pop up I showed above....

Okay, it's just that the pop-up looks like the Visa Type in the screenshot is for "Wealthy Pensioner" , not the Visa Type "Application For Qualification Endorsement For Dependent"  .  Not sure what's going on there, but hopefully the BoI can help you out.

6 hours ago, Misty said:

Unfortunately not sure we have many data points yet.  For me, the NY consulate said up to "15 working days" via FB message, but then they ended up approving and emailing it the same day I made the LTR e-visa application. 

Maybe shoot LA consulate a FB message and let them know you've applied.  Ask if they might be able to approve in time for holiday travel.

I sent them an email with exactly as you suggested .  Thank you as always 

Just wanted to provide another status update: 

Sept 01 - Submitted application with all required documents including insurance information

Sept 27 - Received approval for LTR  (there were several requests for additional documents.  I mostly just re-uploaded the same documents)

Oct  20 - Received new Passport and tried (unsuccessfully) to delete old passport and upload new one.  

Oct 21 -  Had a friend in Thailand call BOI to ask them to change the passport number on my approval letter.   BOI agent said that due to technical difficulties, they couldn't do that and suggested I submit a new application

Oct 22 - Submitted new application with exact same documents that were previously approved and new Passport information. 

Nov 27 - Still waiting...  Status shows pending.  Sent four emails explaining situation and my friend called them to expedite.  BOI agent said that he will get right on this and it should be approved ASAP.

Dec 14 - Still waiting...  Status shows Consideration by Government agencies (whatever that means). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1