Foreign tourists flock to Patong Beach before long holidays, led by Indians

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Patong – Foreign tourists flocked to Patong Beach yesterday (July 10th) with many beach lifeguards patrolling the area for safety.

The Phuket Express visited Patong Beach yesterday to inspect the tourism situation.

Most of the beachgoers and swimmers were foreign tourists such as Indians, Arabians, and Australians. They enjoyed sunbathing, swimming, driving jet-skis, parasailing, and exercising.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/07/11/foreign-tourists-flock-to-patong-beach-before-long-holidays-led-by-indians/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-07-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I've yet to see an Arabian woman sunbathing, swimming , driving a jetski , parasailing or even exercising. 

There could be Arab women who are not strictly religious, so it might require closer attention than just their clothes.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well I walk Patong beach every morning, the full length between 08.00 - 10.00. All these people flocking there must be late risers as lately its been pretty quiet. On the other hand music bars with live bands seem to attract lots of groups of particular tourists who like the music and dance but dont want to buy any drinks in the place...? The Thai Guards are quickly catching onto the issue it did appear last weekend...

4 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

I have

spacer.png

Forgive me if I am wrong  - or blind - can you please point out the arabic women sunbathing, swimming , driving a jetski , parasailing or even exercising in that photo. All I see is a woman sitting under a shade, doing  nothing, which is the norm for these people on holiday. Maybe its some 'spot the ball' sort of contest.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:06 AM, webfact said:

Most of the beachgoers and swimmers were foreign tourists such as Indians, Arabians, and Australians. They enjoyed sunbathing, swimming, driving jet-skis, parasailing, and exercising.

A normal day at the beach then

23 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Richard. I do not always agree with your comments. 

But this one is spot on.

I saw the complete opposite a few years back on Pattaya beach two Moslem women on a jet ski garbed up with head to toe black gear looking completely ridiculous, came straight through the protected area for swimmers when shouted at from the shore they turned around (seemingly not understanding a word) went straight back through the protected area luckily not many swimming that day!