Fans of Liverpool/Utd furious: Early ticket holders paid double, criticism of shambles "years in the making"

webfact

41 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

You must find things even more confusing in Thailand where Katoeys are better looking than many farang women ! ???? 

Is there something you wish to share with us all ? 

Come on, don't be shy. :giggle:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Why do people the world over attend sporting events when they can watch in the comfort of their homes? The atmosphere. The occasion. The getting out of the house and away from a screen that dominates so many peoples lives now. The memory of actually having done something different from a quotidian existence. . .. etc,, etc. 

......but it's easier to get Covid in stadium.....????

7 hours ago, nchuckle said:

But we’re all considerably richer now by virtue of not living in the past . We’ve got those fancy calculators and computers now which help us understand that football is an entertainment business and top performers earn their salaries just as movie and pop stars did..

If you can find it have a look at the interview with Sir Stanley Matthews re football today compared to his day  - a lot of truth there!

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Tickets for 7,000 baht were going for 3,500 baht, 14,000 for 7,000 and 15,000 for 7,500 baht.

The usual middlemen trying to make some fast money out of an event.

Given access to tickets on a large scale early on to sell for a nice mark-up.

Yet with less takers than envisaged they were trying to sell at any price to recoup some losses.

How did this happen... easy it always does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The usual middlemen trying to make some fast money out of an event.

Given access to tickets on a large scale early on to sell for a nice mark-up.

Yet with less takers than envisaged they were trying to sell at any price to recoup some losses.

How did this happen... easy it always does.

I heard that they were giving tickets away at the start of the game, and there were still some empty seats as far as I could see.

Anyway, it wasn't a bad game. And The Reds won.

This is not a football issue, it is all about the greed of the semi-divine Khon Thai combined with the implanted need to cheat, lie and shortchange anything and anybody around them .........

Not quite in line with the welcome protocol at the airport, me thinks ........ 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sambum said:

If you can find it have a look at the interview with Sir Stanley Matthews re football today compared to his day  - a lot of truth there!

Part of the interview centred on what was the main difference between football in his day and how it compared to "today". He said (app) "Obviously there's more money, but the main difference I see is a tremendous lack of respect from the players - for the referee, the manager and even other players. In our day, you accepted the refs decisions, right or wrong, and just got on with the game, and you didn't dare argue with the manager or you faced getting dropped for the next game. And you had respect for your fellow professionals - you didn't fake a foul in order to try to get them booked, it just wasn't "sportsmanlike".  

22 hours ago, jesimps said:

Like NFL, I'd rather watch paint dry.

I can't imagine why anybody would waste time and money on sportsball, especially when you're over 65 and have a limited amount of both left. What sort of an adult human being wears another person's team jersey and number and pays for the "privilege"?

7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I can't imagine why anybody would waste time and money on sportsball, especially when you're over 65 and have a limited amount of both left. What sort of an adult human being wears another person's team jersey and number and pays for the "privilege"?

Back to bed you go.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Plus, if you are a 'real' fan in uk with a son who is a 'real' fan, 2 season tickets will cost the thick end of £1000. Then add on the maybe 6 shirts 2 scarves and 2 hats.

Beyond stupid.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Because it was planned by Thais?

I sometimes wonder why people like you who moan about the Thais and Thailand all the time live here? Are you incarcerated and cant leave?

40 minutes ago, sungod said:

I sometimes wonder why people like you who moan about the Thais and Thailand all the time live here? Are you incarcerated and cant leave?

Because if everything was perfect it would be dull. 

I've been here a long time and nothing has really changed to make it easier to stay. 

Having a moan about it helps a bit, I know it makes no difference but sometimes a moan makes you feel better.

That's all it is, it's not that serious.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Because if everything was perfect it would be dull. 

I've been here a long time and nothing has really changed to make it easier to stay. 

Having a moan about it helps a bit, I know it makes no difference but sometimes a moan makes you feel better.

That's all it is, it's not that serious.

I hear you, but in this case there is a difference in having a moan as opposed as looking down your nose at someone as they aren't from the same place as you. 

I think the term on here is 'Thai bashing.'

On 7/12/2022 at 11:00 AM, worgeordie said:

I hope it was the tickets of that show biz girl that

managed to buy 1000's , hope she lost millions.

regards worgeordie

Pimrypie is an online seller not a show biz girl, she has already lost millions but doesn't care. Not her main business anyway.

1 hour ago, Lacrimas said:

Pimrypie is an online seller not a show biz girl, she has already lost millions but doesn't care. Not her main business anyway.

Good to hear she lost millions.....I am sure she does care . maybe better she

sticks to her main business.

regards worgeordie

I was at the Ragamangala stadium last night, just flew back home - Seen United play all over the world - Personally, it was an amazing experience to be in attendance - Last night will live in my memory forever, worth every penny to me - Any outsiders or Septic tanks, need not reply ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 9:34 PM, jimn said:

We call in Rounders in the UK and its only played by girls. Proves how good that sport is. 

Good.... they appear to be better at Football too than the men!

17 hours ago, sungod said:

I've been here 20 yrs to be near my son.  It is the best single decision of my life.  I love the sun; the girls; the cost of living (even on a UK pension.)  I've spent millions here and it entitles me to grumble.  This particular one is about the Thai inability to keep things simple; everything must be over-complicated with layers of administration which allows for grey areas and commission collecting.

Does your comment mean you are happy to see packs of marauding wild dogs? Bent coppers? Corrupt Government? Army coups?  Years ago blacks were enslaved; women couldn't vote; without protest nothing changes.