Can I pre book a Grab car

steevjee

You can pre-book Grab, on their app. I do not know how reliable they are to turn up at the appointed time. When you log in and click on Transport it prompts you to "Where to?", beside which is a drop down "Now", or "Schedule a ride", in which you put time and date.

I use SV Limousine 0815132501 for airport transfers, and from Sathorn to Suvarnabhumi it's THB950. They are waiting at my condo five minutes before I booked them.

I think the question is not if you can pre-book. They question is how reliable it is.

Because what's the point in having a booking but nobody showed up. That's not the time when you want to complain.

It reminds me of when I rented a car from SIXT in Europe last year. Normally they have only groups of cars and no specific brand. But they have an option to pay maybe 8EUR more per day to guarantee that you get exactly the brand you want. I did exactly that and I paid extra to rent a BMW. I booked it maybe a month in advance. And then, when I picked up the car, they suggested first that I should take a Benz. I said no, I booked a BMW. And luckily they "found" one. So then I asked them what would be the situation if they wouldn't have any BMW, after all I booked it a long time ago. And they told me: Then you don't have to pay that extra fee and get another car...

My point is. There is no guarantee, even if any company offers a service in advance. 

It's hard to get a Grab round here between about 7-9 am. so I've pre-booked maybe 10 or so times. A couple have been airport runs, others just within the city. They've always turned up, usually about 5-10 mins early.