Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

7 hours ago, transam said:

Dover queues.......?  ????  .................. ????

Just the start.

Bit like 1970, then the dockers strike created a state of emergency.

The prospect of disruption at the port responsible for handling almost half of the country's container traffic will send shivers down the supply chain, risking a repeat of damaging cargo backlogs witnessed last year.

https://news.sky.com/story/uks-largest-container-port-faces-standstill-through-strikes-union-says-12660614

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You need to go back and read the OP.

I don't need too......The French say it was the fault of Brexit, it wasn't it was the fault of French staff, proven, move on.....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RayC said:

Ok, so why not do those of us Remainers - who are willing to learn - a service and start a thread listing all the benefits that the UK has accrued since we left the EU?

I would start it myself but my post would be empty and the mods would, no doubt, accuse me of trolling.

Not on your Nelly, Brexit is done, some remainers here are still sulking, I am not. ????

PS. Ask Chomper, he'll be up for it, but don't mention the SAS...????

Edited by transam
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Dover queue, I keep having to remind you, includes all the freight crossing the channel at Dover that has faced delays and increased costs since day one of Brexit.

ongoing delays and costs to the already struggling British economy.

The "ongoing" delays finished last Saturday and only lasted for two days whilst the French got their act together and all the Brits in the queue turned around and went to Cornwall for their holiday 

The French guys at immigration and now back to work and the delays are no longer  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The "ongoing" delays finished last Saturday and only lasted for two days whilst the French got their act together and all the Brits in the queue turned around and went to Cornwall for their holiday 

The French guys at immigration and now back to work and the delays are no longer  

That will upset a few posting here.....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The long delays to passenger traffic have as you correctly state cleared since last Saturday.

The far more important delays and costs to freight are on going and have been since day one of Brexit.

Costs and delays that directly impact the already struggling British economy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

And yes, a problem with French immigration at Calais in particular has lead to delays.

That is the one that hit MSM.

Every day now there are hundreds of Brits disembarking at hundreds of airports around Europe are stood in queues now to get their passport stamped.

If they all had to land at the same airport it may have caught some media attention.

• Like 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Brexit s not done.

The temporary Brexit Trade deal with the EU must be renegotiated in 2026.

Did you believe the Remainer "project fear" story that the U.K would completely cut itself off the Europe , not allowing anyone to cross in either direction, no trade and no contact and the U.K would become like North Korea ?

Like the U.K would sail off into the Atlantic ocean and anchor down in some remote place and British people would become like an undiscovered South American tribe deep in the Amazon Jungle ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

The shock of the arrogant, ignorant <deleted> who voted for Brexit whilst living in Spain, being interviewed at the departure lounge having been deported from their place in the sun, was... almost worth losing my maroon passport to watch.

"Oohh err, we nivver thot it would coom ta this, did we Mabel?"

Som nam na!

Completely false .

Brits living in Spain were still allowed to continue living in Spain after Brexit  , just like Spanish people and all other E.U citizens were still allowed to continue living in the UK after Brexit 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chalawaan said:

"Too"? Yeah, nah. ????

No Brexit, no need to have the checkpoints at all! But that's "too" complex for Brexiteer tory-forelock-tuggers to fathom, eh?

Brexit was not about UK folks EU holidays chap, bit more toooo it.

As far as this thread is concerned, the French caused the problem. 

Some of us in the past have actually travelled the world and dealt with all sorts of immigration stuff, that may have affected 'your' UK Tory -forlock-tuggers or dustmen...

So let's keep an even-keel, ol' chap....???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chalawaan said:

I am delighted by the unmitigated cock-ups and ongoing denials of the Brexit "winners". 

The only thing I'm missing is my Schengen priveleges. Free medical on holiday was priceless, but it's all gone now. 

I have two other passports, and property in Thailand. All I have left in the UK is a bank account for a rainy day, but otherwise, I'll just wait for the Scots to secede, and get my Schengen priveleges back then. The Tories beyond BJ have little interest in keeping the union going, so long may they reign! They'll still have to share the defence budget with Scotland but that's only common sense. 

Well bully for you, three cheers for Chalawaan.

.Hip-Hip...Hoorah..x3.....????

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

As far as this thread is concerned, the French caused the problem. 

and that's because you said so therefore nobody else's fault, just the French... that's pity but again wouldn't expect anything else from you, your past posts always blame somebody else, keep going you are on the right track

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You mean there are no delays and additional costs to freight?

Of course there are, you just don’t like to admit it.

• Like 2

Just now, Mavideol said:

and that's because you said so therefore nobody else's fault, just the French... that's pity but again wouldn't expect anything else from you, your past posts always blame somebody else, keep going you are on the right track

No, I never said so, those in the know said so that proved it, and it wasn't you.............????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mavideol said:

The cause of the delay was problems with French immigration , they didn't have enough staff to process all the travellers (even though they were told to expect more travellers due to the U.K school holidays) 

So, this was caused by the French 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brexit s not done.

The temporary Brexit Trade deal with the EU must be renegotiated in 2026.

in or before.... right now it looks like before 2026